What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hockey

andrew057

First Grade
Watching the Australian women on GEM. The blue field looks terrible with the sun out, the glare makes it hard to watch. Might look better at night.

bileduct

Coach
The pitch looks great. There's no reason for synthetic pitches to be green.

The glare of the sun coming from the water on the pitch does make it hard to see the ball in the wide angle shots though.

Danish

Referee
Watching the Australian women on GEM. The blue field looks terrible with the sun out, the glare makes it hard to watch. Might look better at night.

Even in the afternoon it will be better. Whenever they showed reverse angles so the sun was behind the camera it looked immaculate.

bileduct

Coach
Even in the afternoon it will be better. Whenever they showed reverse angles so the sun was behind the camera it looked immaculate.
Yup, I'd like to see more of it. It would be pretty cool to see some pitches that are designed around club/national colours.

It's a long way from sand covered synthetic surfaces. I haven't played in over ten years but I still have some scars around the knuckles and knees from playing on those.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
If the Aussie & Kiwi girls were such good sorts,i can't wait to see the others teams..

Much better eye candy than the Beach Volleyball..

Danish

Referee
Yup, I'd like to see more of it. It would be pretty cool to see some pitches that are designed around club/national colours.

It's a long way from sand covered synthetic surfaces. I haven't played in over ten years but I still have some scars around the knuckles and knees from playing on those.

Dont be fooled, even the new stuff will tear you to shreds.

There is a FIFA approved artificial field that I play soccer on that would be an even softer surface than required for hockey and if you slide it takes skin off like sand paper.

The yanks play around with all sorts of coloured pitches in their college football leagues. It's very hit and miss as to what colour combos look good and what look like ass

bileduct

Coach
Yeah I played a few games at a more social level around 2007 on the new pitches in Lyneham, Canberra. You only needed to put your knee on the surface to come up with a big red friction burn.

They are particularly nasty if they're not being adequately watered too. The sand ones were just a complete pain in the ass because not only would you get a bad burn the wound would also be filled with sand.

Still, watching the game right now it looks great.

Latest posts