What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hockey

T-Boon

Coach
Exactly.

Are people really complaining that the Olympians are just happy to be there? We will never be USA or China.
We generally over perform but massively overperformed in the pools in the 90s and 2000s.

Proud of the Aussie swimmers, but the men's and women's hockey...well that's a different story.

Are we gone in the hockey?

Shorty

Staff member
Are we gone in the hockey?
Not yet but the girls would want to pick it up, and they've got a game against the netherlands at some point that I'm doubtful they'll win (considering they struggled against the USA).

The guys it's just the one loss at the moment but they looked very sluggish against Spain.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Not yet but the girls would want to pick it up, and they've got a game against the netherlands at some point that I'm doubtful they'll win (considering they struggled against the USA).

The guys it's just the one loss at the moment but they looked very sluggish against Spain.

They have no chance in women's hockey anyway as we left out our best player for some ridiculous reason!

The men are fine they do this all the time easing into championships

T-Boon

Coach

I had low expectations for the girls hockey as I think they are rebuilding (whilst all being smoking hot which is the main thing from my perverted view). Where as if the men don't at least get in the final it will be a disappointment.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Our women's hockey team has had 8 players retire from the team that has been rated in the top 3 in the world in the last few years. we have a lot of debutantes and this is a developing squad.

The men are current world champs and world No 1 but for some reason we always get off to a very slow start and we lost our fist game to Spain who are ranked No 9

Shorty

Staff member
Good point about the girls, Twiz.
Still their games are frustrating to watch as they are capable but don't seem to have the composure just yet.

JJ

Immortal
just seen that, early in the game but back-to-back losses would be a pretty epic fail for the gold medal favourites (or close)

BuffaloRules

Coach
just seen that, early in the game but back-to-back losses would be a pretty epic fail for the gold medal favourites (or close)

But certainly not unusual...

They have been favourites many times but won it only once...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bigger chokers than our swimmers but they have been doing this for about 20 years, yet we will win the next Hockey WC.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
about time we hit the back of the net, we made the poms look pretty good

Valheru

Coach
Shocking result for the men.

They are far better than that but they were ordinary throughout the tournament and didn't deserve to be anywhere close to the medals.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Damn, NZ lose the women's quarter, why do they always lose when I watch them live (did the same for the men's, flicked on about 5 min before Germany made that horrible comeback). Totally not watching the bronze match on Sat!