What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoffman

LESStar58

Referee
The more I think about this, the more I think it's a certainty...if not 2012, it'll happen in 2013. Ryan loves Melbourne - both the the city, the club. His partner Mel grew up in Melbourne, going to high school in Croydon (outer eastern suburb, on the Lilydale line) and she went to uni at RMIT. Unless he gets big dollars thrown at him from other NRL clubs (which WON'T happen), he'll back in purple.

Ha! Really? I grew up in North Ringwood.

LESStar58

Referee
If he takes the spot of a promising U20 or potential signing from another club then I will be pretty frustrated.

Yep. Proctor is developing very well (just needs to stop giving away penalties)and dependent on what happens with Blair there should be plenty of potential talent who are in Under 20s or are fringe first graders that will easily develop under the guidance of Craig Bellamy who can partner Sideshow in the 2nd row.

Nobody quite loved this club like Hoffy but slets make the right decision based on our ability to win premierships and not just emotion.

LESStar58

Referee
Agree w Hoffman views, and the centre from another club, please NOT joel Reddy. Please........

Blair is off the boil, I would like to see some more young blood get a run, Harris is a big boy, I never realised how largee he is......and not a bad return following a fairly long lay off.

I'm getting a bit sick of this inclination by the football department to chase outside backs. Lads; WE DON'T NEED 'EM! That's the area we are filthy, stinkin' rich in with Blair, Waqa, O'Neill, Neilsen, Duffy.

We need depth in our front row stocks more than anything else.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Storm snare Hoffman

14/07/2011 6:48:53 PM

00013101-image.jpg

© Melbourne Storm
Hoffman will return to Melbourne Storm in 2012

Melbourne Storm has reacted swiftly to the disappointment of Adam Blair’s departure at the end of the season, confirming that former Storm and Test back-rower Ryan Hoffman will return to his beloved club next season, on a new three-year deal.
Hoffman, 27, will complete his obligations with the Wigan Warriors in the English Super League, before returning to the club he joined as an 18-year-old in 2003 from St Gregory’s College Campbelltown.
The opportunity for Hoffman to return became a possibility when Blair’s move to Wests Tigers was confirmed. At the same time Melbourne Storm became aware Hoffman was interested in returning to Australia, despite enjoying a wonderful association with Wigan.
The ball playing back-rower made his NRL debut against Manly in Round 6, 2003, the same year Head Coach Craig Bellamy began his reign in charge of Melbourne Storm. Hoffman continues to enjoy an impressive career having played 23 matches this season for Wigan, following his 170 Storm matches, five NSW Origin and four Test appearances.
The Wigan Warriors, a club renowned for its tradition and success, remain a powerhouse in the English Super League, under the guidance of former Storm Assistant Coach Michael Maguire. The decision was a difficult one for Hoffman, who has become an integral part of the club, both on and off the field.
“I’m really excited the opportunity has presented itself for me to re-join Storm, having started my career there and sharing so many wonderful memories and friendships,” Hoffman said.
“This year with Wigan has been outstanding. The club and fans have been great, and they have made me and my wife Mel very welcome.
“When I left Storm, the hardest part of the decision was leaving the only professional rugby league club I had ever played for, but Blairy moving on has created an opportunity for me to return to where it started.
“I have a burning desire to be a 10-year Storm player, joining Matt Geyer, Cameron Smith and by next year Billy Slater in the 200 games club.
“Mel and I are looking forward to returning to our family and friends in Melbourne, however my immediate focus is with Wigan and finishing off what we have started in the Challenge Cup and Super League."
Melbourne Storm Head Coach, Craig Bellamy, is equally delighted to hear the news that the crowd favourite and proud clubman will be back wearing the Storm jersey in 2012.
“We all know the positive attributes he brings to our club, his professionalism and dedication is unquestionable,” Bellamy said.
“I actually played footy with Ryan’s father Jay, so I have known him since he was a kid. We have grown together over the years, me as a coach and Ryan as a footballer, enjoying plenty of highlights through club and representative football.
“We are delighted to be able to make way in our roster for him to finish his career at Melbourne Storm and we all look forward to him achieving many more milestones over the next three years.
“Hoffy is a traditionalist and I’m sure that had a lot to do with why he joined Wigan in the first place, I know he will be hell bent on finishing off on the right note before he returns to Australia.”

Always knew he'd be back.

Billythekid

First Grade
Hopefully he isn't on too much coin. I think he is an alright player but he is well past his prime.

I would rather us just blood new talent really. Hopefully that isn't our only forward signing next season or we're going to be very light in the forwards again (unless our juniors step up big time which is possible).

sheet_ed

Juniors
Bellamy rewards loyalty. In truth Hoffy has been a strong and reliable player. His days as a running back are limited, if not passed.

He is great with the fans and other players. I can see him coming back to be an eventual Assistant Coach as he is quite bright.

3 years worries me, but that is Bellamy's issue.

Deal is done, welcome back Hoffy.

Provided that he plays a structured role and does not stifle Proctor then he could be quite effective.

I don't really want to see him standing one out from the Winger like he used to and throwing crappy passes as he goes to ground. Proctor is doing thayt job well and has more skill than Hoffman.

Butters

Bench
\\\\:D/

Stoked he's coming back. Just what we need in the forwards a seasoned veteran to lead our relatively young back row.

Last edited: