What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoffman

Kells

Juniors
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...eturning-hoffman/story-e6frg7mf-1226064419742

i do not want him back - waste of money. too expensive for a player who is only OK all thanks to bellamy. hope we save the money n spend it on others n train them up right
got a bad feeling he will be back

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...lbourne-storm-10/story-e6frfgbo-1226064496426

also - looks like we will promote players from the u20s for next yr n sign only 2 players:

Ponissi said the club was in the market for an experienced centre from another NRL club, and possibly a forward.

who should we look at?

n if we want to bring some1 back i'd love to re-sin sam tagataese - he can play 2nd row or fill in at cnetre - great bench option i reckon. much cheaper than hoffman n will do the job. n while we r at the titans may as well bring tomane back too :p

Last edited:
Sorry but whilts Hoffman is a great clubman and popular with the the players, I don't really rate him as a player.

He often took poor options in attack when trying to break the lines and really went backwards as his career progressed with Storm.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I think he is on contract, but i'd love to see bellamy get his hands on Ryan James from the titans. Love watching that kid play.

little_aza

Juniors
The only thing in Hoffman's favour is his price. Given he's been at the club so long, his contract will be heavily discouted. And the fact that HE made the approach means that he'd probably be inclined to take less cash. While he knows our systems, and know what the Storm is about, I just don't rate him anymore. While he'd be cheap, I just couldn't justify his selection in the second row ahead of Sika and Kev. And I can't see Bellamy benching him..

Noa

First Grade
Add Kenny Bromwich and Tohu Harris as 2 others that shouldnt be behind him.

The other concern is that some of these players have come back from UK and are not the same player they were...look at Orford. Old and slow.

Hoffman does not really add a new level to the current team...he is no better than Lowrie who is not flashy but consistent.

I would rather blood an U20 into the squad.

Molly

Juniors
Agree w Hoffman views, and the centre from another club, please NOT joel Reddy. Please........

Blair is off the boil, I would like to see some more young blood get a run, Harris is a big boy, I never realised how largee he is......and not a bad return following a fairly long lay off.

Stormsally

Juniors
That's not true, there are many Storm fans that would love Hoffy back, it's a matter of how he would fit into the team one year later.

I like reliable/consistent players who always give 100% (which is why I am now a Neilson convert after being a bit luke warm on him earlier)

Stormgal

Juniors
Hoffy is great, a real work horse for the Storm. Maybe though, giving one of the younger blokes a go wouldnt be such a bad idea

Hoffy is great, a real work horse for the Storm. Maybe though, giving one of the younger blokes a go wouldnt be such a bad idea

We don't really need another workhorse as we have Lowrie, Norrie, Proctor etc for that.

We need a ball player in and around the ruck to pop off offloads etc...

Noa

First Grade
We need a big beefy prop 1st and foremorst. Ska is very beefy though and has our best go forward, wasted out wide imo, Id play him tighter.

If he takes the spot of a promising U20 or potential signing from another club then I will be pretty frustrated.

Like I said, Hoffman offers little in attacking ability and not a lot more in defence.

little_aza

Juniors
The more I think about this, the more I think it's a certainty...if not 2012, it'll happen in 2013. Ryan loves Melbourne - both the the city, the club. His partner Mel grew up in Melbourne, going to high school in Croydon (outer eastern suburb, on the Lilydale line) and she went to uni at RMIT. Unless he gets big dollars thrown at him from other NRL clubs (which WON'T happen), he'll back in purple.