What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hohaia to St Helens

ozbash

Referee
^ Well that's totally different to the original quotes I read. In that case, good stuff. Glad he wasn't mucked around by the club.
Best of luck to him, club legend in my opinion.

yea same, thats what was pissing me off with the whole deal, the club wouldnt give him an answer re the extension.

JAG

Juniors
To be honest, I can kind of understand why the Club wouldn't make a decision on an extension this early. Why rush into signing an extension for somebody who may be playing off the bench, at best, for another season? Just for "loyalty"?

I haven't read anywhere that they said they wouldn't take up the option, just that they wouldn't make a call on it at this time.

hitman82

Bench
Same thing pretty much.

Lance: "I have a big-money, 4 year deal to play at my preferred position, what say you?"
Club: "We are not yet sure whether we want you for next season or any season after that"

...pretty obvious what's going to happen haha.

As far as "just for loyalty" goes - I REALLY hope we have a back up in mind for Fish next season.

JAG

Juniors
Same thing pretty much.

Lance: "I have a big-money, 4 year deal to play at my preferred position, what say you?"
Club: "We are not yet sure whether we want you for next season or any season after that"

...pretty obvious what's going to happen haha.

As far as "just for loyalty" goes - I REALLY hope we have a back up in mind for Fish next season.

Yeah, I can see that.

For me, we've just signed a good hooker who will be out there for 80 minutes every week. So that door is pretty much shut.

Fullback? I think The Fish and Locke are better bets at full back. Even Inu could fill in there if we're desperate. So that's not leaving a lot of room there either.

To be brutally honest, I think his being a 'jack of all trades' has caught up with him. Don't get me wrong, I like him, always have, but I think it's the right time for him to move on.

Micistm

Bench
Ropati was pretty capable at FB as well if required at any stage. But hopefully the Fish will be back...but although good he looks easily snapped atm, it's something he needs to work on

Good Luck to Lance. We have all bagged him through out the years but he has been a great servent to the club. Landing a 4 year gig is awesum for him and we all wish him well. Probably the end of his Kiwi days as well.

All the best Lance

Latest posts