1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week, Joshua Wells speaks with injured Canterbury forward Joe Stimson as he works his way toward an NRL return next season, and we have a big double spread of the Rugby League Project's 'Rugby League Scorigami!

EDITION 6 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Hold the women’s competition in summer

Discussion in 'Women's Rugby League' started by leaguelegend21, Dec 26, 2018.

1. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

they really should have a think about when the right time to start this competition is,I don't think it is in September when there is already a month of NRL fatigue. It should be pre the NRL season.

2. Bojackhorseman

Bojackhorseman Juniors

Both games last weekend were worth watching. The standard had improved that’s for sure.

3. Stallion

Stallion First Grade

Suggest a regig. Perhaps as more teams hopefully get included, just after the representative origin and international series? Certainly hope this competition goes to at least 8 teams in the near future with an aim toward all clubs in the long-run.

4. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

It's obviously not going to remain a four-team, 3-round comp much longer. New teams and a new timeline will almost certainly happen in the next 1-2 years

5. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

I was at WSS last weekend and seriously nobody was watching the Broncos v Dragons women's game.
    Dust off the wallet and spend some money promoting the WNRL pre the NRL season.
    It should be competing with WAFL not the NRL and AFL finals.

6. skeepe

skeepe Immortal

The Raiders have plans to enter a team by 2021, with most other clubs planning something by 2023.

Penrith and Gold Coast won’t commit to a timeframe.

Souths are the only team that have said they would prefer to focus on their mens teams because womens teams are too expensive.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/24/raiders-express-interest-to-lodge-submission-for-nrlw-entry/

7. stryker

stryker Juniors

This is correct.

8. Willow

Willow Administrator

So basically we have 1 or 2 blokes who have posted to say they don't watch womens RL.

Dakink and Timbo like this.
  9. Dakink

Dakink Bench

And I think I represent the silent majority that love it.

10. Legion

Legion Juniors

Well I guess that would be one way of ensuring that there'd be some actual spectators.

11. Legion

Legion Juniors

The last womens game that I watched they played 60 minutes.

Splitting that into 4 quarters would work if all of their forwards could play more than 10 minutes a half. In her last game, Ruan Sims barely made that.

[And no to whoever suggested that they play in bikinis. Although that would be a great idea if the girls were fit. One way to draw an audience, lol]

12. Willow

Willow Administrator

I don't think so. Where did you get that 'stat' from?

Edit: Just read the read the rest of your 'contributions' in this thread. You're obviously not the full quid.

Dakink likes this.
  13. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

Playing in bikinis is a completely offensive idea.
    As I have said the women's game would be more popular with women and men if they did not play in footy shorts and instead played in what women are comfortable to be seen exercising in which is full length performance pants. I have never seen a woman choose to get around in footy shorts. I see full length performance pants everywhere.

14. Legion

Legion Juniors

You don't think what exactly?

The womens game that I watched they played 30 minutes per half.
    Ruan Sims only played for around ten minutes per half.
    What is so hard to understand? And I'm not the full quid? Duh ok then, lol.

15. Legion

Legion Juniors

The girls basic skill levels was much better than I expected.

16. Willow

Willow Administrator

"Duh ok then" sums you up well. I see you're starting to back peddle a bit, so maybe there's hope for you yet.

You said Ruan Sims "barely made" it to 10 minutes per half, and I'm calling bullshit.

What do hope to achieve by making stuff up?

17. LeagueUnlimited News

LeagueUnlimited News Administrator Staff Member

18. Legion

Legion Juniors

Unprovoked insults from an admin no less. Great example that you set for the rest of us champ.

And thanks for leading me to waste 30 minutes trying to find stats on the nrlw that barely exist.

According to the Easts website, Ruan Sims played for 28 minutes in her last game against St. George. Not what I saw so yeah, there's some more "bullshit" for you. [No, I can't be bothered to watch a replay even if it was available just to prove a point with someone who seems to have got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning; or is this your usual charming disposition?]

Maybe they were embarrassed & felt the need to include the time that Sims spent on the field rather than the actual game clock?
    None-the-less, even at the claimed 28 minutes [14 minutes per half according to Easts] she still can't avoid comparisons to "Half-a-game Artie". By the looks of her Ruan also enjoys more than a few meat pies, lol.
    But I suppose you also consider that "bullshit"?

Have a nice day. Hope it improves for you : )

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  19. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

LOL the stats link was provided for you above. I'm not sure what "stats that barely exist" means. They either exist or they don't.

Anyway, 28 minutes (just short of half the match) isn't "ten minutes per half".

Congrats on throwing the meat pie remark in there again just to stir the pot, you don't come across as a f**kwit at all.

20. Legion

Legion Juniors

Do a duckduckgo for game stats for the womens comp & see how you go.

All I was saying was that Ruan had more than one thing in common with Artie. Or would it have been better if I had said that she's unable to play 30 minutes each half because she's really fat?

You must be a really good judge of character; no, I'm not a "f**kwit" at all. Thanks for noticing.

[Note to self. Ignore comments from admin .... unless I'm in the mood to be insulted]