What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holidays for young people?

SirShire

First Grade
I need some advice

Since arriving home from my Schoolies cruise in December 2005, me and my good mates have decided to head overseas every Christmas holidays for a massive trip - about 15 of us. We plan to do it in early December 2006 or Early January 2007. By this stage, we will all be aged 19-20.

Places we want to visit are: Fiji, Bali, Thailand, Vanuatu or Vietnam for this year's trip.

What I need to know is, out of Vietnam and Thailand, what are the best places to see/go to/visit for a bunch of young guys who want to see cool sh*t in the day and just get wasted at night, and also to buy heaps of crap? Basically a massive party, for roughly 2-3 weeks. What is the best way to go about it? I don't want a tour package, because we won't keep schedule. What I want is to know the best possible destinations for what we're after, and then I can work it into an intinery so we can party hard and see all the best things these countries have to offer.

I've got mates who have done Thailand and are currently doing Vietnam right now, but I can't get info from them until they get back, so I'm curious what you guys think?

hrundi99

First Grade
Go to Bali and hang out in bars populated largely by westerners.

Meh. I reckon SE Asia is over-rated, but maybe that's just me.

Thailand.

Ko-Samui for a week and a half. then go To North Thailand Chiang Mai. for a week.

The rest of the time spend it around Bangkok and Kanchanaburri (sp but it'd be bloody close).

The Devil

Bench
SirShire said:
I need some advice

Since arriving home from my Schoolies cruise in December 2005, me and my good mates have decided to head overseas every Christmas holidays for a massive trip - about 15 of us. We plan to do it in early December 2006 or Early January 2007. By this stage, we will all be aged 19-20.

Places we want to visit are: Fiji, Bali, Thailand, Vanuatu or Vietnam for this year's trip.

What I need to know is, out of Vietnam and Thailand, what are the best places to see/go to/visit for a bunch of young guys who want to see cool sh*t in the day and just get wasted at night, and also to buy heaps of crap? Basically a massive party, for roughly 2-3 weeks. What is the best way to go about it? I don't want a tour package, because we won't keep schedule. What I want is to know the best possible destinations for what we're after, and then I can work it into an intinery so we can party hard and see all the best things these countries have to offer.

I've got mates who have done Thailand and are currently doing Vietnam right now, but I can't get info from them until they get back, so I'm curious what you guys think?

Depends what you and your mates want to get up to in Vietnam.

SirShire

First Grade
DeviL9 said:
Depends what you and your mates want to get up to in Vietnam.

Fill me in on what there is to do?

I definetly want to see Hanoi, Long Tan, Haiphong Harbour, Saigon and visit the Mekong at some stage...

If you want somewhere with Wikked places to go at night and alot to do at night and perhaps have a few really hot girls hanging off you look at going to Brazil or somewhere like that.

The Devil

Bench
SirShire said:
Fill me in on what there is to do?

I definetly want to see Hanoi, Long Tan, Haiphong Harbour, Saigon and visit the Mekong at some stage...

Well i can't help you with the North Part of Vietnam, since my family and relatives shun the place since it was where communism started in Vietnam.

But the South i can do. Depending on your timeframe you can do a whole heap of stuff.

My first recommendation would be Nha Tran, my home town. It's an awesome city but it's not particularly large.

Nha Trang have arguably the best beaches in Vietnam and also have the option of visiting some Islands off the coast of Nha Trang (esp. 2 in particular where on one you can go on Jetski's and go Parasailing and the other is practically a floating restaurant, where the seafood is the freshest you can get - you choose it out of a net in the water.)

Also if you're travelling with females, they'd wanna visit the mud baths and the hot springs.

There are a whole heap of tourist places in Vietnam.. but it all depends on what you wanna see and what you don't.. like a Flower Festival in Da Lat, not sure on your stance of that.

SirShire

First Grade
My mates are in Nha Trang now, they tell me that the Aussie sailing club is going off...

I'm pretty keen on hitting the coastal areas, but I really want to see all that Vietnam has to offer - historical attractions as well as tourist attractions. And at night, I want to be able to check out the nightlife too - where ever other young people are...

The Devil

Bench
No sh*t.

I regularly visited the Aussie Sailing Club. NYE was a blast there.. it was packed full of a mix of locals and tourists.

Great night.

Most of the historical stuff you'll find in Vietnam will be war related, which may or may not interest you. Check with a tourist agency and see what each city has to offer.

Agent Mulder

Bench
hrundi99 said:
Go to Bali and hang out in bars populated largely by westerners.

Meh. I reckon SE Asia is over-rated, but maybe that's just me.

Bali is a sh*t-hole, Why people want to go there is beyond me, Its seems like a tacky dirty little hole in the ground.

KF

Juniors
Well..it's best to visit South Vietnam, but the communists there are still scary lol Vung Tau is a nice place to go...sort of lol If you want to go to some theme parks, i suggest suoi thien or dam sen. You can pretty much buy cheap stuff anywhere. 1000 dong in vietnam is 10 cents aprox here LOL

Latest posts