What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holidays for young people?

An41

Juniors
KF said:
Well..it's best to visit South Vietnam, but the communists there are still scary lol Vung Tau is a nice place to go...sort of lol If you want to go to some theme parks, i suggest suoi thien or dam sen. You can pretty much buy cheap stuff anywhere. 1000 dong in vietnam is 10 cents aprox here LOL
You are kidding dam sen really is boring no matter how much improvment they do to it, its not fun but it looks nice. The currency is $1 is worth 12 000 dong which can get you food of all sorts.Electronics in Vietnam is no cheaper than home

Well, Im currently in Vietnam right now and if you want to SEE girls then Saigon is where you want to go. Forget about every Viet girl in Australia cause the girls here are 10000000000000000000x better.Girls in Vietnam are very respectable women so dont think you can try picking them up and screwing them at the end of the night,they will only do it with you if they are sure its genuine love or you will MARRY them. Being Vietnamese myself it makes it easier to communicate with them, but having a girl back home I have to stay loyal. I have been living in saigon with family for the past 6 weeks and every night is a blast here. The streets dont die out as early as back home and the best part is the living and lifestyle is is cheap.

I have been all over Vietnam and Hanoi is quite boring but nice,We have travelled from saigon to hanoi by car so alot of land was covered and alot of places were visited, from coastal areas to inland areas, from tourisy to not so tourisy. Every tourist place mentioned is nice and very comfortable for tourist but if you know your way around Vietnam it would be better, because going places and finding out about the culture for what it truly is first hand is heaps different to tourisy coastal area where its made to suit the tourist needs and wants at ease. A trip to Vietnam is only worth while if you are willing to go out of your comfort zone and explore, discover new things, see new things, willing to die because the chance of getting run over is pretty good.

And as for Thailand,You want tourisy then chiang mai,Pattaya,phuket and just check your travel agent.
Bangkok is fantastic for shopping but you want to have fun and live like a tourist go coastal. My parents are lucky enough to have Thai friends living over there so they took us around and showed us where good traditional thai food and the culture and the little landmarks and temples only because buddism is our religion.

And last but not least I would suggest Cambodia but only if you like sight seeing and experiencing new places and new cultures, During the 6 week holiday we booked a 3 day trip over to cambodia with a tourist group.During the tour we were taken to the Angkor temples these places were fantastic, so much history and so much effort and art work put into these temples. It's one of the most beautiful places I have visted so far on my travels, Phnom Penh is like a saigon,its more modernise than other parts of the country.Only 50% of cambodia is used because they only have 2 seasons, HOT season and FLOODING season that why only 50% of the country is used so thats why cambodia is not the place to go if you wanted a contiki style trip.

But as you stated you want to see sh*t in the day and get sh*t faced at night, tourisy areas are for you.Im not trying to deter you from visiting these countries but im trying to encourage you to make your trip worth while and go out of your comfort zone to experience it first hand what makes the country what it is today and to discover something new and different about the certain country.

I will be back within a week, will only post pics if there is a request for them.

MONY

Juniors
Hawaii............ nah seriously if u want to see Asians just sleep in an alley way in Chinatown for a few weeks. I'm sure they have their fair share of rivers and erotic buildings.

The Devil

Bench
KF said:
Well..it's best to visit South Vietnam, but the communists there are still scary lol Vung Tau is a nice place to go...sort of lol If you want to go to some theme parks, i suggest suoi thien or dam sen. You can pretty much buy cheap stuff anywhere. 1000 dong in vietnam is 10 cents aprox here LOL

Dam Sen is pretty crap tbh. And Vung Tau is a plcae you wouldn't wanna spend too long in.

Sure nice place and all, clean city, nice views. But its so damn quiet..

And electronics can be cheaper over there than over here, just depends where you buy your stuff.

An41, man.. that ride Saigon-Hanoi must've been at least a week including stopovers and stuff.. crazy

KF

Juniors
Yeah..I know Dam Sen and Vung Tau can be boring, but they were pretty much the only places I got to go, so I'm only suggesting them because they're the only places I know. Are there any better theme parks then?

Alba

Coach
well im in fkn qld in surfers and its the sh*ttiest weather ever .. MY LUCK!

The Devil

Bench
KF said:
Yeah..I know Dam Sen and Vung Tau can be boring, but they were pretty much the only places I got to go, so I'm only suggesting them because they're the only places I know. Are there any better theme parks then?

The only theme parks in Vietnam that i know of are Water theme parks.

When was the last time you went back over?

KF

Juniors
Well..at first I thought it was pretty depressing, but then I got to know my cousins a bit more, went around to some places and it turned out to be kool. My uncle owned an internet cafe lol So that made the experience better. What about you?

The Devil

Bench
I just returned about 3 weeks ago..

went to quite a few places and it was pretty cool.. i'll elaborate on msn

An41 said:
Y

Well, Im currently in Vietnam right now and if you want to SEE girls then Saigon is where you want to go. Forget about every Viet girl in Australia cause the girls here are 10000000000000000000x better.Girls in Vietnam are very respectable women so dont think you can try picking them up and screwing them at the end of the night,they will only do it with you if they are sure its genuine love or you will MARRY them.

What if you just give them 24,000 "dong"?

Why, you'd be the 24,001st!

An41

Juniors
Because it doesnt cost so much to have fun and eat well, and if you wanted to visit developed countries like the US than I'll be better off staying back here in Aust cause culture is nothing different and they arnt unique.This country is turning American.

WOW ANOTHER f**kEN BUILDING! IF ONLY WE HAD THEM BACK IN AUSTRALAIA.

SirShire

First Grade
King of the Hill said:
fmff

what is people's obsessions with third world countries?

visit somewhere with some class, fmff!!

Hawaii would have been first choice, but I'm not 21 for another couple of years (you should have known that).

I wanted to go snowboarding in Canada, but only a couple of my mates could afford it, even with massive discounts I could have gotten.

It's looking like a week or 2 @ Perisher this winter then Vietnam/Gold Coast @ Christmas...

Latest posts