What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homosexuality : Your reaction

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
(a) My closest family member is probably my 14 year old brother and I call him gay at least 20 times I day, and the taunting actually seems to have convinced him that he is, as he seems to get fruitier by the day. So I really wouldn't be surprised.

(b) Already happened lol

Raider_69

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
I have found they have a very good sense of humour for some reason, at least all the ones I know do

the gay blokes i know have a rotten sense of humour, they are happy to pay my mate out about his weight, me my lisp or another mate about his Leno langth jaw, but we make the slightest quip about him being gay and he gets all high and mighty on us... pisses us off but we still pay him out

Maggie

Juniors
if my brother came out and said he was gay i would be shocked but when it comes down to it gay or straight at the end of the day, he is still my brother.

already have a few gay friends...

tlk

Bench
a)would be really pissed off at first but wat can ya do,u dont pick ur family
b)not sure how id be,would never be as close a friend as i would if they were straight

Stranger

Coach
Raider_69 said:
(a) make light hearted digs at them about being a pillow biter but fine otherwise
(b) make light hearted digs at them about being a pillow biter but fine otherwise
:lol: Exactly... Just something to joke on, judging they aint really offended, who cares?

God-King Dean

Immortal
I don't have any gay friends (although I do have my suspicions at times)

But all the girly gay guys I've met are always fun-loving people.

choc_soldier

Coach
balmainbenny said:
(a) How would you react if your closest family member came out of the closet?

(b) How would you react if your best friend came out of the closet?

(a) Nothing would change.

(b) Happened to a good friend a few years ago... came as no surprise when he told me, there had been some indicators for a number of years before. Told him that I had no issues with it whatsoever. Mind you, we don't talk to each other anymore, but it was for different reasons.

sunny

Mind you, homophobes are pretty amusing, especially since a lot of them are religous. They tell ya to love everyone, but of course if someone is a homosexual, they no longer love 'em. One hand on the bible, the other up their clacker.

A lot of 'em are also pretty obsessive characters, some of 'em must spend a fair bit of time thinking about who other people are rooting :lol:

Alba

Coach
wouldnt bother me in either case .. i have no probs with gay people i just really hate it when chicks try and put it on me even after i let them know im straight .. that makes me angry, but it also makes me angry when guys do that so yeah its no big thing ..

brendothejet

First Grade
well there is an arguement about respecting peoples sexuality.

If we are all supposed to accept each other and understand each others preference then straight people should respect gay peoples space and prefences, as well as vice versa.

On the other hand, should we really be concerned that someone finds us attractive? At the end of the day all it is is one human telling another that their physical presence is pleasant. We do plenty of worse things in this world to each other.

Alba take it as a compliment. If some chick thinks your hot then enjoy it.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Alba said it annoyed her after she had already told them she was straight. Of course it would be annoying, any situation where you tell someone clearly that you're not interested and they keep cracking on to you is annoying. Well, if I ever had the opportunity to reject someone I imagine it probably would be.

Alan Shore

First Grade
(a) How would you react if your closest family member came out of the closet?
Shocked, but would tolerate it if they kept it out of my face etc

(b) How would you react if your best friend came out of the closet?
Think twice about being alone with them

If it was one of my brothers initially I probably wouldnt be too impressed but I'd get over it.

One of my friends? Havent had a gay friend but wouldnt care as long as they were a decent fella.