What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honest opinion poll RE: SBW

What's the go with SBW?

• Total voters

Carlito

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
Will the results of this poll help you sleep at night Dodger? :lol:

He's made a few mistakes, some that are downright stupid and some that an every day 22 year old makes once or twice a month.

I mean drink driving = f**king stupid and irresponsible.

Pissing on a wall - something you see 4 or 5 times a night on any night out in Sydney's CBD.

Great player though, i'd have him over any other forward in the comp.
Pretty much spot on. Pissing on a wall, we've all been there. No excuse for drunk driving but.

Inferno said:
I haven't.

And even if I had it wouldn't make a difference. The majority of drivers occasionally speed, do you think that would be a plausible excuse when pulled up by the police?

speeding kills people , P*ssing on a wall is hardly a fair or even slightly valid comparison.

and i never said that because other people did it he shouldnt be charged , im saying that the its a non story and beacuse most blokes have done the same thing very few people should be judging him harshly.

who cares , pay the fine and lets move on.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
herbert henry1908 said:
speeding kills people , P*ssing on a wall is hardly a fair or even slightly valid comparison.

and i never said that because other people did it he shouldnt be charged , im saying that the its a non story and beacuse most blokes have done the same thing very few people should be judging him harshly.

who cares , pay the fine and lets move on.
There is a good portion of the population that not only would never have pissed on a wall (women, for starters, and plenty of men), but would find the act to be rather disgusting. Such people are just as likely to listen to reports about SBW's behaviour, and read articles about it, as are the blokes who have 'done the same thing.' They aren't going to temper their judgements of him because their world view does not encompass public pissing as either a common or an acceptable behaviour.

Stories about star league players getting fined for pissing in public, whether you like it or not, hurts the game, because it perpetuates an image of the NRL as a competition populated by drunken louts and socially irresponsible neanderthals.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
When tragedies like house fires, floods and such are occuring, paedophiles are being allowed to take themselves off an offenders register and we have numerous volatile situations in the world, why do we have police concentrating on a bloke hanging a piss in the street.

The law's there because a few uptight biddies are offended by something they probably haven't and aren't ever likely to see. Speeding, drink driving and such are far worse crimes and I see people get away with them every day.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Dodger said:
When tragedies like house fires, floods and such are occuring, paedophiles are being allowed to take themselves off an offenders register and we have numerous volatile situations in the world, why do we have police concentrating on a bloke hanging a piss in the street.

The law's there because a few uptight biddies are offended by something they probably haven't and aren't ever likely to see. Speeding, drink driving and such are far worse crimes and I see people get away with them every day.
The old biddies aren't exactly able to report speedsters and drunk drivers, are they?

Given SBW is reported to have pissed in a public mall, it wouldn't exactly take much for the police to send someone over to collect him. You can sleep soundly, mate - I doubt someone's house burnt down because of SBW.

Timmah

Staff member
innsaneink said:
You see drink drivers every day eh?

Forum cop AND Highway Patrol RBTer too?

Ever get tired of hi-jacking? ;-)

For the record, I have seen the odd bloke get into his car and drive off with a tinny in his hand, yes.

ShadesOfTheSun said:
Stories about star league players getting fined for pissing in public, whether you like it or not, hurts the game, because it perpetuates an image of the NRL as a competition populated by drunken louts and socially irresponsible neanderthals.

I have no doubt it hurts the game ,

And its an extremly sad inditment on our Society that these issues are given such huge amounts of publicity . You cant blame the media for it either , its the great Australian tradition of focusing on the small issues that dont affect anyone's day to day lives while ignoring things that really count.

theres so many morale police in this country it makes me sick.

Inferno

Coach
Dodger said:

For the record, I have seen the odd bloke get into his car and drive off with a tinny in his hand, yes.

Did you do your civic duty and call the cops, with a description of him, his car and the direction he was headed in?

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
herbert henry1908 said:
I have no doubt it hurts the game ,

And its an extremly sad inditment on our Society that these issues are given such huge amounts of publicity . You cant blame the media for it either , its the great Australian tradition of focusing on the small issues that dont affect anyone's day to day lives while ignoring things that really count.

theres so many morale police in this country it makes me sick.
I agree, but this being the case, it makes it even more important that players of the calibre of SBW realise that they simply can't behave this way in public. They aren't going to get away with it, and it's going to hurt not only them and their families, but their clubs and the NRL as a whole as well.

I'm not criticising SBW because I think pissing in public is a morally reprehensible or disgusting thing to do - I'm criticising him because I think it was a stupid thing to do. The kid should know better - he's been through the media shellacking that came from his five minutes with Candice. He wasn't even doing anything illegal then, but they ran him over and then started poking at his corpse. After suffering through that experience, and moreover, seeing what Mason has had to go through during his career, you'd think he would know better than to break the law in full view of the public.

If you can't change the system, you've got to play to it. The sooner SBW learns that, the sooner he'll stop being a media target and stop embarrassing his club.

Timmah

Staff member
Inferno said:
Did you do your civic duty and call the cops, with a description of him, his car and the direction he was headed in?

Of the few times I've seen it, the first time I actually did. They said they'd send a patrol car out to the general area. Never heard a thing and saw the same bloke do it again a week later.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Dodger said:

I don't believe it. You are always on here!

kooriguy

Juniors
pissing in public omg label me a criminal who hasnt after a night out taken a piss somewhere they shouldnt.

Ice777

Bench
I voted he needs to get his act together but at the same time i don't dislike him or think think he's a total disgrace for what he's done. My honest opinion is a mixture of two and three. He keeps making mistakes and he should get his act together.

The reason why i never picked 3 is while yes, he's still making mistakes he's hardly a poor misguided kid and i think it's a bit of a cop out to even suggest he is.

I know he's still relatively young but he's not a kid and he's been around long enough to know what's expected of him. Each club has various programs in place for all players to take part in including responsible consumption of alcahol and what's expected of them when they're out in public etc so it's obvious he hasn't taken heed of these type of things.

He's been in trouble a few times before and i dare say the club has given him a thourough talking to each time. He's been given the guidance but he doesn't seem to want to listen to them either.

innsaneink

Referee
Dodger said:
Of the few times I've seen it, the first time I actually did. They said they'd send a patrol car out to the general area. Never heard a thing and saw the same bloke do it again a week later.

Oh, a week later.

I thought it was...
drink driving and such are far worse crimes and
I see people get away with them every day.

Double standard dodgey

Muffdaddy

Juniors
I feel sorry for the Bulldogs fans.
You guys have to keep defending your club's honour and your players.
That would annoy the hell out of me.
I go for the Roosters so therefore hate your club and always will but some of my best mates are Dogs supporters and I do feel for them. We always heva friendly Dogs v Roosters banter going on. I haven't even emailed them today. They don't need it.

The thing that annoys me most is that in times of trouble when everyone is against you blokes, it seems to galvanize you, and you end up becoming stronger, ie, 2004.
So I fear for Manly this Friday night, because if Folkes lets Roberts and SBW play, actually even without them, you blokes are specials this Friday.
Dogs by plenty....

salivor

First Grade
Inferno said:
I haven't.

And even if I had it wouldn't make a difference. The majority of drivers occasionally speed, do you think that would be a plausible excuse when pulled up by the police?

So in your whole entire life you've never so much as had to take a leak behind the bushes? I'm calling the bullsh*t detector on that one.

I voted don't care. Drink driving was stupid and he deserves every bit of critiisim he got and continues to get for that but I really could care less about him scoring in a toilet or taking a piss against a wall while on the town. Millions of other males are guilty of the same thing, lets go and crucify the bloke.

Latest posts