What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HONESTLY- where will your side finish in 2005

ozzie

Bench
It depends on he back line defence - if its good - it could be a great season - if not - 4th or 5th.

Interesting to see Stuart has said that some shocks may be coming on selections - but when you won the premier league and Jersey Flegg he has some talent tot work with

Corbin

Juniors
i expect the roosters to bring in some youngesters throughout the year eg. Pee Wee Moke and Jamie Soward and i think even Scott Porter

Detox

Juniors
It's going to really depend how the Roosters go without Brad Fittler there, he did alot of talking on the field and was able to direct the players around.

I think the Roosters will miss him a lot in 2005, but I guess we're all going to have to wait and see.

Big Mick

Referee
I think the top 4 will be fought out between Roosters, Bulldogs, Penrith, Cowboys, Brisbane and St. George, the other spots will be a raffle.

I think Roosters will be equal top with Dogs like this year.

I can't see how people underrate you guys.

The speed and agility in the backline is something to be admired. If only u pissed off Chris Walker you guys would be fine!

I'd be giving someone like Gavin Lester, Pee Wee Moke, Sam Perrit, Mckonkie Tauasa a shot at the wing spot, because Walker has lost it.

The way people talk about frailties in defence is silly because Ryan Cross and Joel monoghan can defend and hold their own. Amos Roberts also had his days with us last year.

To be honest the kid i'd be watching out for this year, if not the next is Shaun Foley. I was at Waverley and had the pleasure to watch this kid play First XV in the year I left. This kid is something special. A natural athlete who is more at home at fullback but would make a great winger if he grows a little bit. I was peppering the Penrith site to sign him up last year.

I'm glad he has come to league though.

Dog-E

Juniors
May squeeeeze into the top 4 if u adjust to life 'Post-Freddie' and - I reckon 6th if not...

So striking a happy medium, I'm saying - 5th! :p

Semis time is where you'll REALLY feel the pinch tho!...And all potentially biased animosity aside - I honestly think THIS is where we'll see the Roosters struggle! When the temperature rises, and the pressure is on...it's a whole different ball game!...And you have lost not only your most influential player talent-wise, of course...but your club skipper & mentor in Fittler....It will take you more than a season to get over that, after relying so heavily on him for so long....PL & Flegg titles are all well & good - and thet talent's THERE no doubt - but speaking as a supporter of a side that has won a SWAG of Flegg titles in the past 5-6 years - and a PL title in 2001 - Approximately 99.6% of that talent takes quite some time to develop into first grade standard 'killers'...That Soward sounds a prodigious talent from all reports...But 'Freddies' do not just grow on trees u know!?! ;-)

We lost our skipper for eg...And we will miss his personality, and inspirational 'Follow-Me!' type leadership on the field, and his cool head & intelligent mentoring off of it - But we can replace him almost immediately talent-wise...Asotasi is a prop-forward on the way UP in a hurry!...And O'Meley is damn close already to being the premier week-in week-out prop in the game...And we have a couple of dead keen youngsters vying for Roy's vacant bench spot!..And having discarded last year's Premiers and then rolling on to knock off this season's Minor Premiers in successive weeks WITHOUT him on the field...bodes well for our club! :D

Also with so many new players slotting into new positions - the likes of Monaghan, Roberts, Firman...and the potential switch of Finch to 5/8th...this is all FURTHER re-adjustment.

Anyways....2005 is now here!...So soon enuff - We shall see :D ...Seeya @ Tesltra in Round 6!...And we'll see if we can't go one try better & put 50 on ya at home this time!! ;-)

Detox

Juniors
Big Mick said:
I think Roosters will be equal top with Dogs like this year.

I can't see how people underrate you guys.

I think the Bulldogs and Roosters will do well next season, but maybe not as well as 2004.

I think they're going to lose some games they should win next season, just due to the fact of the players they have lost. Fittler for the Roosters, and Price for the Bulldogs.

In saying that, they can both go all the way next season and have a great year they have the players and the speed to win the premiership next season.

Ando67

Juniors
I reckon the Roosters will win all in front 8)

The disappointment of losing,the new players wanting to make an impact 8) they will be hard to beat :) :)

ROOSTERS CLAP CLAP CLAP
ROOSTERS CLAP CLAP CLAP
ROOSTERS CLAP CLAP CLAP

Julz

Juniors
I have on thing to say yes chris walker might have played crap in the grandfinal and the year before but i don't want him to go. To me it was Anthony minichiello that let the roosters down two years in a row as well. he made the misktakes and kept droppping balls in 2003. In 2004 if he had played like he did with the bulldogs in round three that's where we would have won it. HE DID NOTHING. he combined with anthony tupou and chris walker something big would have happened. He let the team down big time and that's why i want luke phillips back on the team. But now that we have Amos roberts he is our new fullback. anthony minichiello will play two roles fullback but mainly his the winger. He is more dangerous one the wing.

by the way MONY GET A LIFE :!:
:clap:

Latest posts