What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hong Kong Rugby League

DlEHARD

Juniors
I like how all the HK players are playing in white face.

Actually if you bothered to look at the photos of the nines and tag, instead of making a smart ass comment, you'd see we did field quite a few local players and the tag was dominated by local Hong Kongers. And at the end of the day, more people playing Rugby League around the world is a good thing. There are many expats in Hong Kong and it is Asia's World City.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Hong Kong Nines set to return in 2016
http://www.hongkongrugbyleague.com

nineslaunch.jpg

Following the success of the inaugural Hong Kong Rugby League Nines in 2015, the HKRL are pleased to announce that entries are now open for the second ever Nines tournament.

The event, which will again be held at Kings Park, Kowloon will take place on May 2.

Teams interested in taking part in the tournament are invited to contact the Hong Kong Rugby League on email at info@hongkongrugbyleague.com

Entry for the tournament is HKD 2,000.00 for teams who enter and pay their fees by March 15. Entry fee for teams who enter after March 15 will be HKD 2,500.00. Entry to the tournament includes team kits which sides can keep after the tournament.

The inaugural Hong Kong Rugby League Nines was held in October 2015 and was won by the Mong Kok Creepers over the Coastal Creepers. The Wan Chai Warriors and Hong Kong Hunters were other participants in the tournament.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Lots and lots of interest coming in. Holding it earlier in the year seems to be popular. Last year's would have happened in April 2015 if it wasn't for pitch unavailability.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Join the new HKTag every Thursday morning
hongkongrugbyleague.com/

Be part of something new by joining HKTag!

HKTag is a fun new way to get fit and meet new people and will be run each Thursday morning from 7:00am from February 11.

HKTag is a fast moving, safe, non-contact 7-a-side version of Rugby League open to males and females.

Open to all abilities, everyone is welcome, regardless of them being an expert of the game or a beginner!

Tags will be provided to all participants, meaning all you need to bring is yourself and your fitness gear to take part!

Details:
Time: Every Thursday 7:00am – 8:15am
Location: Hong Kong Football Club, 3 Sports Road, Happy Valley

Changing rooms with showers and towels will be available

DlEHARD

Juniors
Wild Boars and All Stars join HKRL Nines

WildBoars_AllStars.jpg

A record number of teams are set to take place at the 2016 Hong Kong Rugby League Nines following the formation of the Wild Boars and South Pacific All Stars teams.

The Wild Boars represent Sheung Wan in the North-West of Hong Kong Island, and join the likes of the Hong Kong Hunters, Wan Chai Warriors and Causeway Bay Victorious Secrets in representing the 1.2 million people based on the Island.

The other entrant, the South Pacific All Stars will represent Lantau Island, at the event. Lantau Island is Hong Kong’s largest island and is located at the mouth of the Pearl River.

The formation and entry of both teams brings the total number of sides committed to the 2016 tournament to seven, up from four in 2015.

The 2016 Hong Kong Rugby League Nines will take place on Monday, May 2nd (Labour Day) at Kings Park in Kowloon.

Teams and players interested in taking part in the event should contact the Hong Kong Rugby League via email at info@hongkongrugbyleague.com

http://hongkongrugbyleague.com/2016/04/wildboars-and-all-stars-join-hkrl-nines/

DlEHARD

Juniors
More than 40 people turned up to the Hong Kong Tag session held at Happy Valley Sports Ground.
Join in on the fun, sign up for the Hong Kong Tag group, or find out more about HKTag by emailing hktagrugby@gmail.com

Note: Just a regular tag session as well. HKRL host a couple a week.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Or how a smart ass comment about an obvious typo would be your only contribution to an exciting thread on international rl development...

Excuse me but what smart ass comment. I genuinely did not know it was a typo. And if you check your facebook I have been very supportive of the HKRL with comments etc and have received thank you's for my support & on twitter have followed & retweet news feeds all the time. SO f$%k you for your rudeness if you are involved in HKRL.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Excuse me but what smart ass comment. I genuinely did not know it was a typo. And if you check your facebook I have been very supportive of the HKRL with comments etc and have received thank you's for my support & on twitter have followed & retweet news feeds all the time. SO f$%k you for your rudeness if you are involved in HKRL.

Well when you come out of no where and just make that one comment, what are the audience supposed to think? Especially when the Coastal Cobras have been referenced earlier. And that's your only question on the subject?

Also, Im pretty sure your username isn't HeritageXIII on facebook.

I very much appreciate your support. But when that is the only comment I see on this site, it is discouraging.

Last edited:

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Well when you come out of no where and just make that one comment, what are the audience supposed to think? Especially when the Coastal Cobras have been referenced earlier. And that's your only question on the subject?

Also, Im pretty sure your username isn't HeritageXIII on facebook.

I very much appreciate your support. But when that is the only comment I see on this site, it is discouraging.

This site is like a mine field at times when having an opinion or comment. There are quite a few posters who get abused for being 'poms' or being from 'WA' etc so it is not always conducive to make comments for stepping on people's toes. I make comments but not all the time doesn't mean I can't follow a thread with interest. I think I'm a very pro international rugby league follower compared to the NRL on this site & thru other social media means. You guys seems to know what you're doing in HK so it's a thread to follow more than say hey you should do this or that.

I have just let fire on your twitter & facebook page (message) so you'll find out my identity sure enough.

DlEHARD

Juniors
This site is like a mine field at times when having an opinion or comment. There are quite a few posters who get abused for being 'poms' or being from 'WA' etc so it is not always conducive to make comments for stepping on people's toes. I make comments but not all the time doesn't mean I can't follow a thread with interest. I think I'm a very pro international rugby league follower compared to the NRL on this site & thru other social media means. You guys seems to know what you're doing in HK so it's a thread to follow more than say hey you should do this or that.

I have just let fire on your twitter & facebook page (message) so you'll find out my identity sure enough.

You are right about this place being full of cynics and mud throwers.

You are obviously a very supportive person of IRL and I obviously thought you were one of the before mentioned. I take your point about not commenting doesnt equal not following. But that was a strange comment to decide to choose as your maiden comment on the issue.

To me it came across as overlooking all the good stuff and nitpicking. That was discouraging.

You may have a fantastic track record support HKRL on other social media but no one else can cross reference your comments on other social media.

I'm obviously sorry to have got offside with any true international rl supporter. So let's shake hands and move on.

yakstorm

First Grade
Getting back on topic, the Nines event is looking very promising now with seven teams locked in. Especially as there was only 4 last year.

yakstorm

First Grade
I'm sure it will, and know the HKRL guys have a number of other announcements planned for the year.

One advantage the HKRL have in attempting to setup local events and competitions is the work that has already happened in Thailand, Philippines and of course Japan.

HKRL is able to leverage those competitions to offer regular internationals matches as an incentive to attract players to its local events as well learn from other leagues the best strategies for introducing the game into Asia.

Hopefully the HKRL is also able to assist the other way as well and in a few years we can have at least 4x strong leagues in the Asian market.

Latest posts