What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooker of the year

Hooker of the year?

• Barry Berrigan

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Corey Hughes

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Matt Hilder

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Mark Riddell

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • Aaron Payne

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Danny Buderus

Votes: 30 15.2%
  • Simon Woolford

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Robbie Farah

Votes: 54 27.4%
  • Dean Young

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Luke Priddis

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • Cameron Smith

Votes: 17 8.6%
  • Stuart Webb

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Shane Walker

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lance Hohaia

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Chad Randall

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
What impresses me most about Hohaia is the fact that he'd played very little in the #9 before this season but he's really stepped up and made the role his own. It actually causes a dillemma at the Warriors because previously I'dve said he should be halfback next year but now I'm not so keen on chaging a winning formula by moving him.

Iafeta said:
?

He's played most of the season there, since about round 7 when Kemp put Fien to five eighth.

Hohaia's been outstanding, blow 2002, this is his best career form.

Personally, my vote went for Priddis, narrowly ahead of Robbie Farah, although what Hohaia did on Saturday night was irresistably brilliant.

I also believe David Faiumu at the Cowboys is a special talent in the hooking role.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
aqua_duck said:
I thought Young was a backrower?

He can play backrow and hooker. A bit like Mark Minichello, Crocker, Riddell and S Webb.

But Young has been playing mostly at hooker this season.

kickback

Juniors
Raiders Plight said:
I think berrigan has been superb in the games hes played, very underrated player. His passing game is amongst the best.

Agree he has been great in attack and defence and can be very dangous running from dummy half.

How the f**k did Buderus get any votes, his team have only won 2 games, and he has had no form all year. He should not have been NSW hooker, Priddis should have been there. He has been the best number 9 in the game for a while now.

simon says

First Grade
Im surprised.....I thought Priddis would win this easily.Does this mean that LU punters think that Farah is the best/form hooker in the comp.

Im in shock.

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
Im surprised.....I thought Priddis would win this easily.Does this mean that LU punters think that Farah is the best/form hooker in the comp.

Im in shock.

no he is junk, this poll just means that there are alot of tigers fans on LU and that most of them are voting in this thread ;-) :p

(For the clinically stupid, i am joking, i voted Priddis by Farah has been awesome)

simostorm

Bench
I could have been biased and picked Cam Smith, but I voted for Buderus,
this guy is a class player big time, Ive never been a fan of him cos Im a huge Qld
supporter, but I cant help but be marvelled by his talent and his guts.
He's a class ahead of all the others without a doubt.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
what has buderus seriosly done this yr to be coming 2nd????????
captained the origin , thats bout it. played behind a far better pack and was good without doing anything outstanding