What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooker

carinashark

First Grade
Maybe we need to rethink. remember when Kev Campion was at the Worriors and they used him as a hooker in that massive front row, they got to the finals that year ( GF?) . Im not thinking that big but maybe Gal?
Or TT or even Vave. It would mean changing the dummy half role heaps and a reshape of the attack to a up the middle hole running , rather than a 'get it out wide' type of attack. Lets face it we are not going to get much out of our backs this year. We also need to kick a lot smarter this year , we must get that field position up the other end at the end of set.
We should be looking to do somthing different with what we have.

Ausguy

Coach
i thought this thread was about an alternative thing to do than watch the sharks play on monday night....

Maybe we need to rethink. remember when Kev Campion was at the Worriors and they used him as a hooker in that massive front row, they got to the finals that year ( GF?) . Im not thinking that big but maybe Gal?
Or TT or even Vave. It would mean changing the dummy half role heaps and a reshape of the attack to a up the middle hole running , rather than a 'get it out wide' type of attack. Lets face it we are not going to get much out of our backs this year. We also need to kick a lot smarter this year , we must get that field position up the other end at the end of set.
We should be looking to do somthing different with what we have.

What worked in past eras doesn't necessarily work now.

The game has changed so much.

But I agree we need a change at hooker.

I've been advocating this for some time.

John Morris is way too slow and not creative enough.

You just have to look at the two best hookers in the game at the moment (Cameron Smith & Robbie Farah) to see what we are missing.

These players are very creative and execute with speed and precision where and when they need to.

In an era of the 10metre rule it is one of the most important positions to fill if not the most important.

Our Club has realised this by having a stack of hookers on our books (more than some brothels). But none of them are the complete package and are a shadow of the above mentioned players.

The last decent hooker we had was DeGois and when he left we lost all our potency at that position.

To be honest I think Stuart Flanagan could be the best hooker we have at the Club at the moment. Don't know why he hasn't had a decent crack at First Grade.

I think we've got the order wrong at the Club. Flanaghan is better than Aiton, Aiton is better than Morris.

Maybe Stuart Flanagan can make an impact this Monday?

Sage

Juniors
I watched the NSW Cup on Sunday after walking out on the FG game in in the club on TV.

Stuart Flanagan was going well. He was quick on his feet and quick between the ears in a toughly fought game. Unfortunately the NSW Cup side made similar mistakes to the FG side that took their chances to win the game away, too much dropped ball. We will see on Monday how he goes, I hope for his sake the team has it's best game head on.

I still believe completion rate is what wins games or at least gives the opportunity to compete in the arm wrestle, without an even amount of ball nothing can build. No point in judging attack without the ball.

Even the greatest players can be look very ordinary when on the wrong side of the divide when it comes to possession percentages.

How many would love Jennings out there for us? How bad did he look in the loosing side on Sunday?

spider

Coach
our ruck play in recent years has been poor - never urgency, always slow to play the ball

imagine cameron smith playing rake for our forward pack....he drives his side around

our issues dont just stop with our rake - its the teams attitude / ability to everything around the whole play-the-ball

The Popper

Bench
I may be wrong, but sometimes I feel that others, instead of taking the initiative, stand back to see what Gallen does.

newman

First Grade
Raper played Gallen at Hooker for two games. We lost them both. It was a shocking decision.

azzah72

Bench
I think flanagan might be our best hooker, still think Morris should be the Lock.

Aiton to start.

8.Snowden
9.Aiton
10.Doulgas
11.Gallen
12.Smith
13.Morris

14.Tupou
15.Vave/Mannah
15.Bukuya/Cordoba
17.Flanaghan

Wont happen but.

azzah72

Bench
I think charlie sheen is more savvy than that, he doesn't "pay" for them, he hires them as pa's and other services or makes them his "girlfriends" and instead he gets unlimited "services" from them just for living and partying with him.

The mans a genius.

Eion

First Grade
I've got an idea. Call me crazy but what about giving Aiton a go. You know, that bloke we bought from Penrith who was going OK as a hooker.

The Dodger

First Grade
How much Coke did Charlie Sheen take?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|