What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hook's Heroes

Gareth67

First Grade
77 was a great time and showed what the right person can do with little more than a bunch of kids.

Even to the point that despite the glory of 77 and the letdown of 78 we popped the cork yet again in 79.

I am truly hoping that Hook has Harry sitting on his shoulder telling him how good it really is.

Whilst Cleary deserves many accolades for what Penrith have done this year you cannot downplay Hook’s input to create a really stable foundation and pathway.

Just knowing that someone is talking about our youth and excellence in the same breath us uplifting.

Sullivan looks something special and will help unlock lots of doors for our attack.

Capt Cam has been waiting for someone like Sullivan so he can show us another dimension to his game and that was there for all to see on Sunday.

Feagai and Ramsey just want to be part of it and get their hands dirty and Lomax will finally have some mates who are as intense as he is which is a great thing for him and all of us.

If 2021 is half as good as 77 & 79 I will be more than happy to have Hook stay on and get the job done.

I can still recall back in 77 at the old Cumberland Oval watching Craig Young and Robert Stone tearing the Parramatta pack apart . I was thinking to myself this is just too good to be true - they are so young and yet here they were basically brutalizing all of the top teams in the competition .

Harry must had placed one thought and one thought only in their minds “ You are capable of anything , your age is no barrier so get out there and dominate “ - or words to that effect .

So now Griffin has his ‘ moment in time ‘ where he also has that opportunity of getting firmly into his players minds and possibly setting the tone for future success for this group of Dragons in season 2021 .

As you have said O.T. - may Harry be near by .

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
77 was a great time and showed what the right person can do with little more than a bunch of kids.

Even to the point that despite the glory of 77 and the letdown of 78 we popped the cork yet again in 79.

I am truly hoping that Hook has Harry sitting on his shoulder telling him how good it really is.

Whilst Cleary deserves many accolades for what Penrith have done this year you cannot downplay Hook’s input to create a really stable foundation and pathway.

Just knowing that someone is talking about our youth and excellence in the same breath us uplifting.

Sullivan looks something special and will help unlock lots of doors for our attack.

Capt Cam has been waiting for someone like Sullivan so he can show us another dimension to his game and that was there for all to see on Sunday.

Feagai and Ramsey just want to be part of it and get their hands dirty and Lomax will finally have some mates who are as intense as he is which is a great thing for him and all of us.

If 2021 is half as good as 77 & 79 I will be more than happy to have Hook stay on and get the job done.
Yep...Great post OT and 77 & 79 were my favourite years ever watching and supporting the mighty Dragons.
The Old Fox, Harry Bath had those young blokes playing exciting and skilful football.
If Hook can emulate Harry, then Happy Days ahead.

redv13

Bench
Do you really have to follow me everywhere? It’s getting quite tiresome to have you reply to every single post of mine..
Just calling it as I see it jerk off. Trust me I have better things to do with my time then to follow you around on this forum. Don’t flatter yourself you loser

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Just calling it as I see it jerk off. Trust me I have better things to do with my time then to follow you around on this forum. Don’t flatter yourself you loser
But yet, here you are..

Do you have anything to add about our coach & squad for next season or are you just here for me?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If you reply to my comments then I will reply to your’s.....isn’t that how these forums work??
Well, no.

They’re here so people can talk about football.

What are your thoughts on our coach and squad for next year?

redv13

Bench
Well, no.

They’re here so people can talk about football.

What are your thoughts on our coach and squad for next year?
Griffin and his assistants are a big improvement on the rabble that was in place. Aitken and Lafai leaving is great for the young kids coming through out wide but I think we’re a little underdone up front. Need a few decent signings or we will be in trouble.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Griffin and his assistants are a big improvement on the rabble that was in place. Aitken and Lafai leaving is great for the young kids coming through out wide but I think we’re a little underdone up front. Need a few decent signings or we will be in trouble.
See, that wasn’t that hard..

I think we need an experienced 3/4 to support the young kids development (reading today that Lomax is our top point scorer but also close to our top error maker)

And we need to flush out the forwards.

Get some mongrels into the pack.

The type of players who’d make you cross the road if you saw them coming towards you..

hazzbeen

Bench
See, that wasn’t that hard..

I think we need an experienced 3/4 to support the young kids development (reading today that Lomax is our top point scorer but also close to our top error maker)

And we need to flush out the forwards.

Get some mongrels into the pack.

The type of players who’d make you cross the road if you saw them coming towards you..
Agree , just on Lomax his errors may be high , its because he is competing for every play , he is around nearly all our attack not like some of our players .... Yep if he can cut down his errors , which I have No doubt will happen under Hook , he will be around for a long time ....

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Agree , just on Lomax his errors may be high , its because he is competing for every play , he is around nearly all our attack not like some of our players .... Yep if he can cut down his errors , which I have doubt will happen under Hook , he will be around for a long time ....
Oh no doubt.. No slight on Lomax..

But when I see things like Ramsay rushing in off the wing & Lomax’s read on Sandor (call me Shandor) Earl, it just highlights that we need some experience in the three quarter line to help guide these kids into grade..

Based on what we’ve seen with Lomax, Sullivan & Ramsay (and Dufty, even though he’s a couple of years in now) if we can keep them all together we’ve got a superstar backline in the making once again..

hazzbeen

Bench
Oh no doubt.. No slight on Lomax..

But when I see things like Ramsay rushing in off the wing & Lomax’s read on Sandor (call me Shandor) Earl, it just highlights that we need some experience in the three quarter line to help guide these kids into grade..

Based on what we’ve seen with Lomax, Sullivan & Ramsay (and Dufty, even though he’s a couple of years in now) if we can keep them all together we’ve got a superstar backline in the making once again..
Yes mate exiting times ahead with the right coach to guide them ..... Not like the Bozo we had for 7 years .....

TruSaint

Referee

It's a huge ask for Griffin. I like the new appointments as posted elsewhere, but wow we need some serious recruitment.

Walpole

Juniors
I think a lot will depend on our edge backrowers. We need some tough Beau Scott types who'll make sure opposition forwards think twice about roughing up the young blokes. Tariq Sims needs to get motivated and angry next season and we need to find at least one more forward with a bit of mongrel as they say. Hopefully Griffin has someone in mind.

denis preston

First Grade

78 was a real weird season.They must have had a hellava binge in the offseason as they were a shadow of the side from 77.Coupled with that the halfback Ken Kearney had a breakout year and was just about our best player but wasn't sighted off nobbys in 79 giving Morris the inside running for the no 7 jersey.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think a lot will depend on our edge backrowers. We need some tough Beau Scott types who'll make sure opposition forwards think twice about roughing up the young blokes. Tariq Sims needs to get motivated and angry next season and we need to find at least one more forward with a bit of mongrel as they say. Hopefully Griffin has someone in mind.
I wonder what happened to Sims? He started out as a maniac at the cowboys..

Yes, a couple of broken legs stifled him..

But 2017 & 2018 he was a beast for us..

That stolen ball try in 2017 against the Panthers was next level..

And his one man demolition against the broncos had us 85 minutes from a grand final in the hunt for a title..

Hook has to bring that beast out again..

Inisai Toga

Juniors
78 was a real weird season.They must have had a hellava binge in the offseason as they were a shadow of the side from 77.Coupled with that the halfback Ken Kearney had a breakout year and was just about our best player but wasn't sighted off nobbys in 79 giving Morris the inside running for the no 7 jersey.
Yes, but they still won about eight in a row after the hangover wore off including flogging the premiers Manly. Always thought that stretch laid the platform for 79 where they were very dominant.

Last edited:

not_all_there

Juniors
Sims must b playing busted. I think i heard he was injured most of 2019. Must be still