What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hopes grow of Rabbitohs' return to boutique Redfern

southsman

Juniors
Souths will move to Gosford with in 4 years...

Need more than a revamp for Souths to come back to Redfern. The whole area would need revamping. Look to the future no in the past.

Big Bunny said:
You'd know wouldn't you. You've jumped from bandwagon to bandwagon. Widnes, Wigan, UTC.. who are you going to throw your false hopes behind next?

I sincerely wish you'd grow up.

Of all the people that have bagged me over the years, your opinions are the first to really effect me at a very deep level.

No, I really mean that, I have never be so hurt by what someone has said about me....

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Copa said:
You're kidding aren't you.

Spare me your smart arse comments, if you havn't got anything useful to contribute to the thread don't post.

If I was kidding I wouldn't have said it.

Timbo - I'm not saying that the State govt should cut funding for schools and hospitals in order to underwrite stadiums.

If i'm not mistaken the proposal by George Piggins earlier in the year was financially sound. All they needed was the land.

Besides when was the last time you saw Bob Carr parading himself or even speaking highly of Rugby League. He seems to do it with the Swans, Union and Soccer but never League.

Lets not see MORE money spent on ANOTHER football stadium that ANOTHER NRL team uses only a few times a year.

This is almost as selfish as the stupid balmian fans who want millions spent on a 1930's Oval that would be one of only FOUR home grounds their team uses.....three of which are based in Sydney!

Tidus_Raider

Bench
The dfference between the re-development of Redfern and Leichhardt is that Redfern isn't depending on cash from the state govt.

Tidus_Raider said:
The dfference between the re-development of Redfern and Leichhardt is that Redfern isn't depending on cash from the state govt.

No...they just want a large chunk of some of the best land avalible in bloody Australia!

Do you know how much that land would be worth to a private developer?

Timbo

Staff member
Tidus_Raider said:
Timbo - I'm not saying that the State govt should cut funding for schools and hospitals in order to underwrite stadiums.

I wasn't accusing you of doing so. I was just saying that with the wealth of rectangular stadiums that exist between Wollongong and Gosford, compared to what exists in Brisbane and the Gold Coast, the NSW Government has already done waaaaaaay more than their QLD counterparts.

Copa

Bench
Tidus_Raider said:
Spare me your smart arse comments, if you havn't got anything useful to contribute to the thread don't post.

If I was kidding I wouldn't have said it.

I lived on the Central Coast for nearly 23 years, Terrigal Primary, Terrigall High (after a brief stint in Wyong Shire)... I still travel there all the time to be with family and friends.

It's sooooooo wrong to think Central Coast people would not fully support a local team that is not the Bears. It has NOT been engrained into their mentality that the Bears is the best option..

In fact... many are resentful as they see the Bears are more obsessesed about merely using CC folk for the rebirth of North Sydney, an area that has nothing to do with the CC at all. Huge no.s of people on the CC couldn't care less if the Bears went bankrupt and disappeared forever.... not out of maliciousness mind.... it's just that the Bears have nothing to do with the CC and aren't an NRL team.

Beaches Boy

Juniors
Copa said:
I lived on the Central Coast for nearly 23 years, Terrigal Primary, Terrigall High (after a brief stint in Wyong Shire)... I still travel there all the time to be with family and friends.

It's sooooooo wrong to think Central Coast people would not fully support a local team that is not the Bears. It has NOT been engrained into their mentality that the Bears is the best option..

In fact... many are resentful as they see the Bears are more obsessesed about merely using CC folk for the rebirth of North Sydney, an area that has nothing to do with the CC at all. Huge no.s of people on the CC couldn't care less if the Bears went bankrupt and disappeared forever.... not out of maliciousness mind.... it's just that the Bears have nothing to do with the CC and aren't an NRL team.

So why did not they support the Northern Eagles? If they did, the Eagles would have been playing out of Gosford permanently by now.

Copa

Bench
Beaches Boy said:
So why did not they support the Northern Eagles? If they did, the Eagles would have been playing out of Gosford permanently by now.
Many did go... however... there was a feeling it was just a sydney team playing out of the CC... and not a CC team playing out of the CC.

Boing Boing

Juniors
South Sydney should never have been admitted back into the competition. It's a free two points to anyone who plays them. They are worse than the Knights. There, I said it.

Beaches Boy

Juniors
benmeyer said:
South Sydney should never have been admitted back into the competition. It's a free two points to anyone who plays them. They are worse than the Knights. There, I said it.

Never a truer word spoken they have won the Spoon every year since being admitted back in and they can't even blame a lack of funds anymore.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Beaches Boy said:
Never a truer word spoken they have won the Spoon every year since being admitted back in and they can't even blame a lack of funds anymore.

I can think of plenty of other consortiums who deserve that spot one thousand times more than South Sydney. They should be in Premier League, where they belong.

Green Machine

First Grade
benmeyer said:
South Sydney should never have been admitted back into the competition. It's a free two points to anyone who plays them. .
Round 2 Rabbitohs 49 Eels 26
Round 3 Raiders 25 Rabbitohs 18
Round 5 Knights 12 Rabbitohs37
Round 13 Bulldogs21 Rabbitohs21
Round 14 Rabbitohs 44 Sea Eagles 6

benmeyer said:
They are worse than the Knights.
No Club P W D L B P/D PTS
14 Rabbitohs 15 3 1 11 1 -189 9
15 Knights 14 1 0 13 2 -268 6
benmeyer said:
There, I said it.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Green Machine said:
Round 2 Rabbitohs 49 Eels 26
Round 3 Raiders 25 Rabbitohs 18
Round 5 Knights 12 Rabbitohs37
Round 13 Bulldogs21 Rabbitohs21
Round 14 Rabbitohs 44 Sea Eagles 6

No Club P W D L B P/D PTS
14 Rabbitohs 15 3 1 11 1 -189 9
15 Knights 14 1 0 13 2 -268 6

Mark my words, the Knights will finish above Souths on the ladder. Souths played their hearts out against a ver poor Dogs, but only managed a draw. They are still easybeats. They are not contenders nor will they ever be contenders. Worst team ever.

Ari Gold

Bench
benmeyer said:
Mark my words, the Knights will finish above Souths on the ladder. Souths played their hearts out against a ver poor Dogs, but only managed a draw. They are still easybeats. They are not contenders nor will they ever be contenders. Worst team ever.

f**k your gonna have egg all over your face by the end of the year.......

and we'll be contenders next year don't you worry....

Tidus_Raider

Bench
nospam49 - That's just it. The land is not being made available to a private developer. It is being turned into public parks and the such. As for it being prime real estate, I don't know about that. Crime rate and things like that are pretty high in

Benmeyer - We are both Raiders fans. Imagine us being kicked out of the comp for 2 years. Losing ALL of our players. ALL OF THEM. From our first grade squad to all our talented juniors in Carney, Zillman, Milne, Campese. Everyone.

How long do you think it takes to pick yourself off the ground? With constant infighting, board bickering and a revolving door for coaches? They are finally starting to show some inprovement. They a good coach. A great CEO and a united board. Give them a go.

Copa - You may be right mate, I've only ever been Gosford and I've never got a feel of what the locals think about supporting League. But even if the rabbitohs relocated and named themselves Central Coast Rabbitohs, they will always be known as Souths to league fans.

Copa

Bench
Tidus_Raider said:
Copa - You may be right mate, I've only ever been Gosford and I've never got a feel of what the locals think about supporting League. But even if the rabbitohs relocated and named themselves Central Coast Rabbitohs, they will always be known as Souths to league fans.
What the CC wants is a team that feels like a CC team and not some Sydney team playing out of the CC. A leagues club should be on the CC, the headquarters should be on the CC. Atleast some players should live up there also and not just pop up from Sydney for the day. People should be able to see them going through some training at CC stadium as they drive over the bridge next to it etc etc etc

If a team moves up there... they will get some support no matter what.... however, the level of support will directly reflect how much they embrace the CC. They can't do it all overnight... but as long as they head in that direction.... and stay permanently... can't have crazy talk about bringing some HOME games to North Sydney Oval or other parts of Sydney (if an NRL team moves to the CC)

Latest posts