What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horror Film Quiz.

Who likes horror/thrillers, psycho thrillers, supernatural/mystery? Post a image, gif, synopsis, bio of any film and stump your mates.

A Brit classic to kick off the game.
upload_2018-10-3_21-55-39.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-3_21-55-14.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-3_21-55-14.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Is a Hammer film.
\
th

horrie hastings

First Grade
It’s obviously one of the many Dracula movies that Christopher Lee made but which one ? I will go for his first one ,Dracula

Has to be Burnt Offerings with the great Bette and a fine actor in Oliver Reed. Pity his later life turned to mush.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Has to be Burnt Offerings with the great Bette and a fine actor in Oliver Reed. Pity his later life turned to mush.

Yeah I knew any screen grab of Karen Black, Oliver Reed or Bette Davis would have given it away. Love that movie, Karen Black is crazy in it, Oliver Reed is perfect in his part and Bette Davis has quite a few quality moments where she is given to shine.

Have we ever made a film as good as Burnt Offerings? Our attempts at horror are usually too cheesy or plain unbelieable. Tho I did enjoy Inn of the Damned.

Had a chuckle at the BHF review of above flick.
I may be being a tad harsh here on a film which never tries to be anything other than a gross-out tits n’ blood horror comedy for emotionally geniused teenagers.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Have we ever made a film as good as Burnt Offerings? Our attempts at horror are usually too cheesy or plain unbelieable. Tho I did enjoy Inn of the Damned.

Its a brooding piece and just builds up nicely along the way and there is no real gore or violence in it, well not till the ending anyway and even that was tame by todays standard. There is a rumour that Stephen King was inspired by this movie for The Shining, although I haven't seen The Shining all the way through I caught a bit of it on SBS one night and could see some of the parallels between the two movies. I loved Bette Davis as Aunt Elizabeth in it and both Karen Black and Oliver Reed were excellent and as you say it was just a shame that Oliver Reed's life turned to mush towards the end.

I got a little tired of the Nicholson character in The Shining. Reckon King had him going a little over the top.. rather than go with something akin to the brooding subtlety of Burnt Offerings.

Last edited: