What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horror Film Quiz.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Given it's age from the screenshot. It's either a Frankenstein or Dracula movie. Usually proceeded with a title like Son/Daughter, second cousin of etc.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I got a little tired of the Nicholson character in The Shining. Reckon King had him going a little over the top.. rather than go with something akin to the brooding subtlety of Burnt Offerings.

I saw about 20 mins of The Shining on SBS a few years ago, on the plane trip back from Perth The Shining was on the movie play list, as it was listed as about 2hrs 25 mins and it was about 3 hours till landing I thought I would not have enough time to watch it properly with all the interruptions for food/ drink service and announcements etc so I decided to just watch the start of it to see whether I would like it, watched the first 35 minutes and was getting a cold chill from the whole isolation scenario, I felt genuinely creeped out so I think I will enjoy it when I finally to get to watch it.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
I saw about 20 mins of The Shining on SBS a few years ago, on the plane trip back from Perth The Shining was on the movie play list, as it was listed as about 2hrs 25 mins and it was about 3 hours till landing I thought I would not have enough time to watch it properly with all the interruptions for food/ drink service and announcements etc so I decided to just watch the start of it to see whether I would like it, watched the first 35 minutes and was getting a cold chill from the whole isolation scenario, I felt genuinely creeped out so I think I will enjoy it when I finally to get to watch it.

It is one of my favourites.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Bloke in pic looks Dracula like.. Daughter of Dracula?

So close, its Draculas Daughter. I remember watching it on tv years ago and was very surprided by the lesbian undertones for a 1936 movie.
J&B have the bluray of the 1931 Dracula which has Draculas Daughter and Son Of Dracula also on it.

the-cabinet-of-dr-caligari.jpg

This is even earlier. German expressionist film.