What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hot & humid for the warriors

dikefalos

Juniors
how will the big kiwi boys handle the hot & humid conditions this saturday night forcast 32 degrees. from memory they got towelled by the cowboys in similar conditions last year. could the conditions be the reason all the big money is going manly's way.

Pass the Ball

Juniors
The money is going Manly's way because they are a better football team all over the park...

*EDIT* - OK maybe not on the left wing...

Ram Man

Juniors
I just read the forecast on the Bureau of Meterology and the expected top is 27 and minimum is 15. I dont think the weather will have too much to do with it considering they are playing at 7:30 at night...not exactly the hottest part of the day.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
It's been warm enough in Auckland the last few days.

They'll probably acclimatise well enough.

little_aza

Juniors
weather wont be too big of an issue this year like it was last year - surely it'd only be ~23 by 7.30, with no sun, and maybe a slight sea breeze

i know townsville last year was in the afternoon, probably wouldve been in the low 30's, the sun was out, with high humidity, but very little breeze..dairy farmers is a fair way inland at kirwin (i think)

Pass the Ball

Juniors
weather wont be too big of an issue this year like it was last year - surely it'd only be ~23 by 7.30, with no sun, and maybe a slight sea breeze

i know townsville last year was in the afternoon, probably wouldve been in the low 30's, the sun was out, with high humidity, but very little breeze..dairy farmers is a fair way inland at kirwin (i think)

Dairy Farmers stadium, I think, is a little further north than the SFS if I know my geography...

Meth

Staff member
how will the big kiwi boys handle the hot & humid conditions this saturday night forcast 32 degrees..

Seriously, this ''big kiwi boys'' needs to be exposed as the myth that it is.

The Warriors don't have an extraordinarily big pack and their game is reliant and built around the little men

JJ

Immortal
Warriors pack is not big at all...

Bigger than the Tigers, but I'd imagine about the same size as the Manly pack

Scottey

Juniors
Warriors pack is not big at all...

Bigger than the Tigers, but I'd imagine about the same size as the Manly pack

Wow finally someone opens their eyes and sees that!
Can't believe all the speculation over the heat.
We got whipped by NQL on a sweltering Sunday afternoon.
We're talking about a reasonably warm NIGHT in Sydney.

Doesn't matter. We're already on fire.

Shorty

Staff member
Heat wasn't the only factor....Cowboys were the better team.
If I recall correctly one large factor was their halves being incompetent.
That isn't the case this year,Witt and Fien have stepped up.

Hanscholo

Bench
This will be like playing in canberra on a saturday night for the rest of us. They will go out, and badly.

NQ game was a sunday afternoon, however i still dont think they will handle it. Cleary should have them over here for entire finals period training in september weather. its just too much of a disadvantage not to.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
lol it's a saturday evening, probably mid to low 20s with a breeze and no sun. A world away from playing in 30+ degrees in direct sunlight, and a complete non-issue. The temperature will be cooler than what they would train in much of the time during the day anyway.

sharko

Juniors
It will not be the weather that farks the Warriors it will be the referee as McKinnon is back and also Manly will target Kirk, the new bloke and probably aim to break him in the first half and then he will be a libaility for the rest of the game..very simple game plan really but should prove effective!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It will not be the weather that farks the Warriors it will be the referee as McKinnon is back and also Manly will target Kirk, the new bloke and probably aim to break him in the first half and then he will be a libaility for the rest of the game..very simple game plan really but should prove effective!

Kirk has shown absolutely no weakness under the high ball at all this year and he's had plenty of game time so won't be overawed. He's also an ex-Rooster so he knows the SFS well.