What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How bad is it

glory79

Juniors
Just wanted to know honestly how bad are we travelling this year in comparison to the last few when we have juan farkall in the first 5 games only to turn things around. Judging by the depth we have in our side, i.e kiddy pool equivalant, is this season going to be uphill all the way or will we suddenly turn the corner as key players come back from injury.

The Preacher

First Grade
As I posted in another thread, we are in the same position as we have been in 6 of the nine year existence of the joint venture.
We turn the corner 24-04-07, SFS 1500hrs.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I think we are in trouble. When they siad that the mood was buoyant after last Saturday I was really worried. Buoyant about what? The fact that tried hard? I will give them their due, they did put in a 100% effort, but for the coach & players to say they were happy indicates a soft approach. That is the effort needed every minute of every game, every week. When the young guys realise this, then we can START to build towards winning games. At the moment they are low on confidence and full of mistakes. Its easy to get into the habbit of losing & very hard to break out of it & being happy with effort will not help this situation, only contribute to it becoming ingrained.

I do hold hope that when a competitor like Woolford returns that the rookies will follow his lead, but they as a gropu really need to harden up & stop playing like they are in awe of the opposition, which is what I think is happening. The coaching staff need to be responsible for this. No excuses, I can cop a learning curve if its heading North, but at the moment it looks to me like its just sitting still & they look lost. Certainly have no idea how to win a game at the moment & are all standing around waiting for Morris or Coops to do something.

Work hard boys, I'll be as loyal as ever & won't base opinions on results alone, but as I said, the coaching staff really need to show that they are the ones to takethis undoubtedly talented group forward so that we are contending again next year & especially in 2009.

Steel Dragon

Bench
I think when Bails, Baz and Timmo left last year, they took with them ALOT of leadership and experience.

Its taking the new Captains and such a while to adjust to the leadership role, and with the lack of Woolford and Gaz, there is a lack of experience.
The Dragons seem to be an enthusiastic bunch of kids without much direction.

Thats what i reckon anyway.....

Father Ted

First Grade
As the club in it"s current configuration has never lived up to it's potential one must asume it will be another year of the "same old , same old".

big pat

Coach
hey dave q are you a member of the jeff we loves youse all fenech fan club, fair dinks mate at least at st george our problems have been because of injuries to key players, those feather dusters are the most over rated ego's in the comp, on anzac day after those wonderful diggers have marched, at 3.00pm it will be saints turn to march onto glory... you just gotta love the dragons.

Dave Q

Coach
big pat said:
hey dave q are you a member of the jeff we loves youse all fenech fan club, fair dinks mate at least at st george our problems have been because of injuries to key players, those feather dusters are the most over rated ego's in the comp, on anzac day after those wonderful diggers have marched, at 3.00pm it will be saints turn to march onto glory... you just gotta love the dragons.

Dose dwagons gonna eat a knukell sandwich, da bluester boyz are going toos smash your asses and komplete the humillyayshuns

Browneye is going to offer resignation which will be rejected by Johnny Raper.

Kraig Wung, aNasty, Nuthead, Minimoke and Fitzy going to smash youse.

pow wallop ow!

Dwagon soup.

Bring back Trent (Santa Claus) Barrett, nude face slap in pub by Bluesters, 1000 press ups.

(grunt)

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Dave Q said:
Dose dwagons gonna eat a knukell sandwich, da bluester boyz are going toos smash your asses and komplete the humillyayshuns

pow wallop ow!

Dwagon soup.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're a funny man!

Dakink

Bench
Dave Q said:

pow wallop ow!

Dwagon soup.

Bring back Trent (Santa Claus) Barrett, nude face slap in pub by Bluesters, 1000 press ups.

(grunt)

Thats just plain difficult to get through

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Kraig Wung, aNasty, Nuthead, Minimoke and Fitzy
Craig Wing: the second most overated player in the history of the game.
Bwaith: the sponge.
Nutley: carrying scummer baggage.
Minichielloooo: Allows other players take the fall for his indiscretions.
Fitzgibbon: Flop merchant.

Dave Q

Coach
Dakink said:
Thats just plain difficult to get through

Youse must av failed moderator skool.

Go and see me mate Spiltmilk, he understands fings before we eevin type dem in.

Satsok

Juniors
lol being a one eyed souths supporter, smash the roosters for me.. its too much fun watching them lose! :D

Dave Q

Coach
Willow said:
Bwaith: the sponge.
Nutley: carrying scummer baggage.
Minichielloooo: Allows other players take the fall for his indiscretions.
Fitzgibbon: Flop merchant.

Geloos?

Dave Q

Coach
Satsok said:
lol being a one eyed souths supporter, smash the roosters for me.. its too much fun watching them lose! :D

Aye comrade, but I rate dem a BIG chance against todays Saintz.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Willow said:

Who's your vote for most overrated?

Dave Q said:
Youse looking at me mate?:x

Roosta Boosta Drewsta!

:lol:

I've got to have a beer with you at the SCG Saints/Rabbits match.

Latest posts