What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How bad was the pom!

Timbo

Staff member
It's time for Finch to get on his hands and knees and beg Hollywood and Mander to get out of the box and back onto the field.

I doubt he'd meet any success, but I think he's gotta try.

Kris_man

Bench
Dunley was not offside in the leadup to the Bell try - you can't be offside if a ball's travelled backwards (because out of necessity you have retreated behind the point where the ball was played at)

White Tiger

Juniors
Kris_man said:
Dunley was not offside in the leadup to the Bell try - you can't be offside if a ball's travelled backwards (because out of necessity you have retreated behind the point where the ball was played at)

The ball was knocked forward by the Manly player.

there were 3 infrigments all missed

1. the original drop ball by manly
2. the second knock forward when O'Hara passed the ball
3. Dunley Offside

Balmain_Boy

Kris_man said:
The ball went forward.

super_coach

First Grade
Wasnt at the game,but listen to Hadley and his mates(no option,only mob doing the game).Well Ray and Bozo spent the whole call giving it to the ref.

Just whatched the whole game on broadband,yes he did make some blunders,with a lot of help from the side line and upstairs.But gee i have seen heaps worse,Shayne the pain on a good day isnt as good.

When the bad decisions,cost the best team on the day the bacon,than their is a problem,but the tigers got the points and they were the better team.Smith will have better days,but he didnt go out their and try and rort
anyone.He called as he saw it,got it wrong on a few calls,but at the end of the day the best team won.That dose not always work out with all refs.
Dirty Des should have been pleased his team was kept in the hunt on the back of some doggy calls.

We all have good days and bad days,and its a job that people are not queing up for. 100% thougher than calling a game from the box. These blokes need backing not bagging

Kris_man

Bench
White Tiger said:
The ball was knocked forward by the Manly player.
Balmain_Boy said:
The ball went forward.
Even if it did, it certainly bounced backwards, and I'm conifdent that Dunley retreated behind the point where the ball was played at before picking it up, hence putting himself onside. Knock-on? Maybe. Offside? No.

With the Bryant knock-on, I could forgive Smith for thinking that it was a one-on-one strip.

White Tiger

Juniors
Kris_man said:
Even if it did, it certainly bounced backwards, and I'm conifdent that Dunley retreated behind the point where the ball was played at before picking it up, hence putting himself onside. Knock-on? Maybe. Offside? No.

With the Bryant knock-on, I could forgive Smith for thinking that it was a one-on-one strip.

Over and done with now but you need to watch it again !!!

White Tiger said:
Over and done with now but you need to watch it again !!!
Totally agree with ya! Dunley was offside by 1 - 2 metres easy, no way was he behind the point!

What about the Benji Marshall no try when Bell fell over? Anyone else think that was a disgraceful call?

Crusher

Coach
Snoop Shark said:
Im not sure if it has been brought up yet, but seriously Russell Smith's display yesterday would of been the worst ive EVER seen from a first grade standard! That should warrant automatic sacking and i dont even think he should be allowed to ref Jim Beam games!

The bloke almost gave Manly 2 competition points! It was a great effort by the Tiges who should of got up by a lot more if it wasn't for Smith in the middle. I dont know why Hasler is whinging! They got the better end of the stick by a country mile!

Its time to go home Mr Smith!

Did he do the test match??

if so, how did he have such a great match there and totally f:lol: :lol: k up at other times. Othrwise who refereed the test match and lets get him.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
tiger pride said:
C'mon, there were bad calls both ways but Manly got the majority their way, at least the crucial ones. The knock-on-offside try, and when he blew the whistle when Collis had an open run to the try line were shockers. I can only really think of a very bad call that went against Manly was the penalty for incorrect play the ball.

Now I know why I see so many posts bagging Smith out here, as the Tigers thankfully haven't had many games with him, but god he was terrible yesterday.

EDIT - that's to the guy the post above the previous post.

Bell was taken down fair and square.

simon says

First Grade
CliffyIsGod said:
Bell was taken down fair and square.

Bwahahahahah!!!!

One of the best dives I have ever seen,nearly as good as the one by Dunley that also got you blokes a penalty.

Those off season NIDA classes sure are paying off for ya's.

I can see a few logies heading beachward.

Cletus

First Grade
simon says said:
Bwahahahahah!!!!

One of the best dives I have ever seen,nearly as good as the one by Dunley that also got you blokes a penalty.

Those off season NIDA classes sure are paying off for ya's.

I can see a few logies heading beachward.

On the other hand Lolesi should take a few acting classes, noone believed his pathetic dive:lol: .

Crusher

Coach
Onan the barbarian said:
On the other hand Lolesi should take a few acting classes, noone believed his pathetic dive:lol: .

Get the players to watch a game of soccer. heaps cheaper than NIDA and they'll learn more as well.:roll:

Latest posts