What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Benny Elias put the bite on the Tigers

joejoe

Juniors
Nice conspiracy theory mate lol

Tigers fans want action over Benny Elias deal
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tigers-fans-want-action-over-benny-elias-deal-20120701-21b1i.html

BALMAIN Tigers fans have called on the Balmain Tigers Leagues Club to hold an extraordinary general meeting to explain revelations detailing the financial involvement of the former club great Benny Elias in the club's controversial redevelopment.

Can Iask here, why was Benny Ellias inside the front gate at Campbelltown Stadium this year when Wests Tigers played the cowboys, getting signatures on a petition to show support for the development of a Wests Tigers Leagues Club in Rozelle.

A. Was it from the kindness of his heart as he's a Tiger through and through?
B. Was it because people in Campbelltown will be directly effected by 32 story development?
C. Was it so he could get rich?

meltiger

First Grade
Everyone who attends a game in Campbelltown lives in the district?

"Tigers fans want action"

That'd be three.

All of whom are against the proposal. Funny the Herald were able to wield them out. They may as well interview those within the Pratten Park Magpies group and ask them what they think of the development... They'd have as much credibility as the nimby's quoted in the article.

Last edited:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
FTR Kelly Burke, the author of this piece, is the mouthpiece in Fairfax of the MIMBY movement in Rozelle.

But really was anybody expecting anybody, even a former player, to come in and broker a deal for nothing at all? This was always a commercial venture on both sides of the agreement

Just FYI, it's NIMBY - Not In My BackYard

gronkathon

First Grade
All mistpype on my part. M & N do live next to each other on the keyboard.

I actually like prefer BANANA as an acronym but NIMBY seems to be better known

Latest posts