What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can it be a real Test Match if all players play in the same country/competition.

Stupidest shit I've ever read, and I read most the stuff I post :lol:

The only way international teams would ever be competitive in that scenario is if the domestic comps in their own competition were up to the level of the NRL. Can you imagine how shit a team like Samoa would be if all the players were playing rugby league domestically in Samoa :lol::lol::lol::lol:

People move about mate. We have boats and planes and trains and shit.

Scubby

Juniors
Stupidest shit I've ever read, and I read most the stuff I post :lol:

The only way international teams would ever be competitive in that scenario is if the domestic comps in their own competition were up to the level of the NRL. Can you imagine how shit a team like Samoa would be if all the players were playing rugby league domestically in Samoa :lol::lol::lol::lol:

People move about mate. We have boats and planes and trains and shit.

Ridiculous argument. And how sh*t would the Socceroos be if they all played in the A-League? And they're pretty sh*t now.

^Indeed.

It's starting already. The NZ domination of Australia has begun and a couple of aussies want to kick our players out of the NRL and force us to create our own pro comp. If that ever happened, they'd still want to sign our players and force them not to play for NZ though.

Ridiculous argument. And how sh*t would the Socceroos be if they all played in the A-League? And they're pretty sh*t now.

What's ridiculous about it?

If Samoa picked only Samoans living in Samoa who play amateur rugby league in Samoa, they wouldn't stand a chance.

Anyone who thinks that a few token games of international football is going to get you more game ready than playing season upon season in the worlds strongest domestic competition in the world is a dickhead.

Canard

Immortal
^Indeed.

It's starting already. The NZ domination of Australia has begun and a couple of aussies want to kick our players out of the NRL and force us to create our own pro comp. If that ever happened, they'd still want to sign our players and force them not to play for NZ though.

That has been mentioned by Magpie4ever, but he is a Union troll to be honest.

Scubby

Juniors
What's ridiculous about it?

If Samoa picked only Samoans living in Samoa who play amateur rugby league in Samoa, they wouldn't stand a chance.

Anyone who thinks that a few token games of international football is going to get you more game ready than playing season upon season in the worlds strongest domestic competition in the world is a dickhead.

I was agreeing with you that it was a ridiculous argument HTH :/

strong_latte

Juniors
This is a little like asking whether the Rugby Championship shouldn't be considered a genuine international series because almost all the players compete in Super Rugby

ozenzud

Juniors
Similar argument would be that all foreign soccer players in the EPL, or La Liga or Bundesleague wouldn't be allowed to play for their national team. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
2683391-worst_thread_ever.jpg

roughyedspud

Coach
Similar argument would be that all foreign soccer players in the EPL, or La Liga or Bundesleague woudldn't be allowed to play for their national team. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Theres a train of thought here in england that if more of our players played in germany,spain & italy we might do better in world & euro cups..

But yeah its still a shit thread