What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How confident are you?

Trojan

Juniors
I am absolutely FULL of confidence. The Eels wont know what hit them!!

I EXPECT the game will be over by half time and we'll be able to kick back and enjoy the ride!

Go Storm. Premiers 2009!

Billythekid

First Grade
I just think Billy is letting his personal opinion of Taylor get in the way of reality.

Taylor had absolutely no impact whatsoever. Blair only had to tackle him 2 or 3 times (all of which he belted him). Chambers handled him no problem.

I may be biased because i think he has been over hyped through the roof. I still think souths have a lot of performances like Saturday night to look forward to.

camsmith

Juniors
I wasn't confident last year and am no more confident this year.

I think it'll be decided by less than a try TBH. Possibly in extra time. *nervous*

Carnifex

Juniors
Im pretty confident. We have Cam and Hoffy for this game. Cronk and Finch are hitting form and GI and Slater have been going gangbusters but most importantly our defence is as strong as ever.

Last time we played it was 18-16...i think both teams have improved ALOT since then....but i think the recent experince we have had with finals etc will help get us in front... wont be anymore then 10 or so points in it. If we shut down Hayne and Hindy...its ours.

*edit8 but im still nervous as all f**k. eels are scary good when they are on.

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
Im confident we'll win.

Not overly impressed with Parra's form the last month. Theyve been playing well but I have massive doubts about the teams theyve been beating.

Last edited:

Molly

Juniors
I am quietly confident. I will be more relaxed if we play from infront as well.

Our big game players, both from GF and Origin have plenty of experience with an event like this. Our build has been fantastic. I really think GF's are won in the forwards and this on ewill be no different. Our pack and bench look really well balanced and will get on top. You cant get the superstars working without the momentum from a dominant forward pack.

Finally, our speed and line in defence will frustrate the eels who will go from side to side and end up throwing the ball anywhere. If you look at last week, we handled players rushing in defence at our attack really well, players like Inu and Grothe come out of the line regularly and I think we will exploit this.

Being in Melbourne also a bonus, the Eels will have had a pretty hectic week, and hopefully played the game a few times before Sunday and be pretty spent after the first 20 minutes.Belief is a great thing, but two quick tries from our boys and the Eels will decide it was good enought just to be there.

GO STORM

First Tryscorer - Dane Nielson.

natheel

Coach
Im confident we'll win.

Not overly impressed with Parra's form the last month. Theyve been playing well but I have massive doubts about the teams theyve been beating.

same can be said for the teams melbourne beat to get there too though really....im not saying parra will definately win or storm will win im just saying both team have had decent runs prior to the finals and both have showed theyre capable of playing in the big games and this will prove to be a bloody tough game for both sides

Noa

First Grade
True, and I would have been worried if we were winning by 10-16 points, but we have been hammering them.

natheel

Coach
True, and I would have been worried if we were winning by 10-16 points, but we have been hammering them.

thats true, but i still think its going to be a closer game than alot of ppl on here are predicting

only thing im worried about is bloody grothes wing with inglis running down that side, im confident we can shut down the effectiveness of slater but inglis is more worrying to me just for the fact grothe comes in ALOT but joel reddy will be on his game thats for sure.

cant wait anymore days hahaha im getting so anxious

good luck guys