What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did Thurston manage to stay on the field tonight

Patsy

Juniors
Obviously a different set of rules for the super stars. Blowing up deluxe about a decision that was clearly correct i.e forward pass. he should have been marched for 10 mins and penalty to manly.

If Matai, Watmough, gallen etc did something like that they would probably get a 12 month stint. Maybe not but penalty at the very least and high % chance of 10 mins in the bin.

Didgi

Obviously a different set of rules for the super stars. Blowing up deluxe about a decision that was clearly correct i.e forward pass. he should have been marched for 10 mins and penalty to manly.

If Matai, Watmough, gallen etc did something like that they would probably get a 12 month stint. Maybe not but penalty at the very least and high % chance of 10 mins in the bin.

Here is your problem.

So now players aren't allowed to get angry? What is this, preschool?

laurie

Juniors
so u were in line with the pass and can guarentee it went forward out f the hand can u ?? please supply the evidence. i do think it may have gone forward but touchie on that side thought was fine and continued on..

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
That was one of the greatest 2 year old style tantrums I've seen in some time. Especially when he calmed down long enough to hear the refs explanation and then blew up again, with both hands on head doing some weird snake like body twist. Loved it.

Love it when players go old school, it was almost as good as Gallen's comment "Queensland hate us, well we hate them times a thousand".

bboy_insane

Juniors
Here is your problem.

So now players aren't allowed to get angry? What is this, preschool?

I think you missed the point of the thread.

Of course he can get angry.

BUT if it is any other player they get sin binned.

Thurston carried on and on and on and on and on like a pre-schooler who just lost his favourite toy. So yeah, this is pre-school.

Slackboy72

Coach
They're allowed to get angry but they aren't allowed to talk that way to the ref. Should have been sent off for what he said.

laurie

Juniors
the only problem is thurston was rite in what he was saying... i was waiting for odonnel to clock the referee one... geez he can get the angry pills goin . Thurston should not have said anything but the decisions during the game were woeful.. bowen never knocked on.. continual offside.. if this was me in my job i would of been sacked long ago with what has been goin on last couple of seasons..... what is in these refs position description.. bring on the world cup.. footy is becoming a joke dominated by refeeing decisions and not the actaul footy played

danno

Juniors
They're allowed to get angry but they aren't allowed to talk that way to the ref. Should have been sent off for what he said.

Matai should have been sinbinned against Parramatta two mondays ago for his behaviour to the refs and wasn't.

The annoying thing about it are the refs. They didn't have a problem with Thurston but a minute later march Manly back an extra ten for backchat...

aqua_duck

Coach
one set of rules for Thurston, different set for everyone else. Who else could kick a bloke square in the face and not get suspended?

Fui!!!

Juniors
He didn't swear AT the ref. He was just swearing.

You send someone off for that, enjoy watching 5 a side from now on.

MC DUI

Juniors
I think the ref just gave JT some space, he was raging because he had given his team like 20 chances to win the game and they kept ballsing it up!

Usain Bolt

Bench
Cowboys got stitched up, that b.s call about Bowen knocking the ball on when O'Donnell was in under the posts cost them the game

Patorick

Staff member
He is above the law and cannot do wrong.

E.g.

thurston.jpg

434346-thurston-039-s-fears-for-039-spear-039-.jpg

applesauce

Bench
The ref new he f**ked up that's why he let it go.

He obviously wanted to give the Cows another shot when he turned around and penalised Manly.

oval

Juniors
I think the ref just gave JT some space, he was raging because he had given his team like 20 chances to win the game and they kept ballsing it up!

Yep, the cowboys should've won but you could see Thurston getting crankier and crankier each time they fudged it up. 5 more minutes and they woulda won for sure. His frustration was understandable, but he does go a bit overboard. Suck it up!