What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did Thurston manage to stay on the field tonight

Didgi

I'm guessing you missed his performance in the SOO last year. Since when can you kick the head?
He needs to learn how to control his emotions a little better, he should take a leaf out of Barrets book and learn how to respect.

420inglisbarret-420x0.jpg

Ah yes, Trent Barrett. My role model.

Canard

Immortal
If you ask me Thurston went way over the top regardless of the reason but there are certain players running round that can do almost what they want, not mentioning any names Billy Slater. But anyway if you look at the footage the far side touchy had probably the best view of what happened, the touch judge on the left hand side "nearest the play" was at least 4 or 5 meters behind the play and was in that instance about as useful as tits on a bull in that call. As for the 2 Refs, well they are just "Useless period"
But in the end regardless of what some people say the pass was clearly a couple of meters forward and should have been pulled up.
Whether a Manly fan or a Manly hater, like it or not they have already been beaten on the death on at least 2 occasions this year by very ordinary Refereeing to say the least so as long as the call was right I don't care which touchy called it.
The refereeing in general is shocking in all games as it was in that game, decisions went against both teams but at least in this case the game wasn't lost on that last call, the cowboys actually lost it with numerous bad or unlucky last tackle decisions.
So as suggested, SUCK IT UP Thursto.:crazy::roll:

You made up a new alias just for that post?

simmo1

First Grade
2005 GF he had another tantrum when a try was (correctly) disallowed for obstruction. He's done it on several other occaisons too.

Great player, but a whingy bitch when he doesn't get things his way.

Canard

Immortal
2005 GF he had another tantrum when a try was (correctly) disallowed for obstruction. He's done it on several other occaisons too.

Great player, but a whingy bitch when he doesn't get things his way.

Agreed I mean 2 in 5 years is over the top.

lifesgood

Juniors
Hahahaa players arent allowed to get angry?

He never abused or touched the referee, he didnt say anything towards the ref that offended him. Like your a sh*t ref or your a spastic. for example

Therefore he stays on.

And plus he wasnt the only one who blew up, Luke O Donnel and Willie Mason were blowing up after the game.

You just obviously must have something againt Thurston and want any way to give it to him

NO_MORE_REFS

Juniors
You made up a new alias just for that post?
It's my first post, I called myself that because in an ideal world there would be none.
Or at least they wouldn't be a protected species and they could actually be held accountable for the actions, maybe then some of them could control a ruck occasionally and we may see some good, fair footy.
But don't hold your breath. :D

Canard

Immortal
Methinks if Thurston hadn't torn NSW a new arsehole on Wed night, this thread would have been 2 posts long.

As Freddy Fittler said it was an A grade blow up but in the context of the game, and the Cowboys season understandable.

Dutchy

Immortal
They covered the pass on The Roast today. It was blatantly forward. Correct call.

Delboy

First Grade
Gee, Thurston should give them a major spray in the first half like Gallen did last week. The refs looked gutless and never penalised Gallen from that point on, which gave his team a massive advantage in offside calls.

I think Thurston was pretty much frustrated that the hacks outside him did not take advantage of the plays he put on.

Didgi

Don't make me read it again. Brain cells are commiting suicide as I view it.

NO_MORE_REFS

Juniors
let's just stop for a second and consider the sheer geniusedness of this comment.
I never said it would work NUMBNUT, I just said no more of the f**kwit Refs that are ruining the game today.
Refs are like moronic fans, they do and say what they want because there's no-one to stop them, they are mostly full of sh*t and more often than not, wrong.

NO_MORE_REFS

Juniors
I'm sure there will be a replay on FOX but it wouldn't suprise me to see it on youtube.
It was a memorable spray from Thurston, or should I say "another"

Didgi

When I said 'respect' i meant the refs. As captain he should handle himself better.

Yes, and I said I would rather someone who was disrespectful but played fair. Yes sir no sir now ima break a jaw doesn't appeal to me more than being passionate.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Thursto did insult the ref, he suggsted "he had been MOM for them"
Ref just smiled and ignored it.
Personally I can't see how the refs cost the cowboys that game, I would suggest it was th 5 or 6 bombed try's that cost them, Thurston should look at his outside backs before the refs.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Yes, and I said I would rather someone who was disrespectful but played fair. Yes sir no sir now ima break a jaw doesn't appeal to me more than being passionate.
I'd just ignore him, he called Thurston a thug yet he has Gallen in his sig. Then he mentioned Barrett, after that I assumed he was just taking the piss.:lol:

Latest posts