What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did Thurston manage to stay on the field tonight

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Cowboys got stitched up, that b.s call about Bowen knocking the ball on when O'Donnell was in under the posts cost them the game

It was a BS call on Bowen, but the only reason O'Donnell was away under the posts was because the ref had blown his whistle and the Manly players had stopped.

If it was play on they might have scored in that set (more likely bombed another chance) but O'Donnell wouldn't have been under the posts.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
maybe he was hoping to do what he did against the warriors and get the referee to change his mind....although at least in this instance he may have had some reason for wanting them to change the call.

Didgi

He owns the field does he? some one break his jaw please a f**king turd

I adore how some people in this forum wish physical harm or injury on a player, because they give away a penalty or the refs are lenient towards them. If you wouldn't wish it on your best mate, don't wish it on them.

Paullyboy

Coach
I agree he went over the top with his spray, but a couple of things to consider:

- he wasn't swearing at the ref (which is what Cross did), he was swearing in conversation whilst arguing with the ref, quite different scenarios.
- the ref knew he'd cocked up. Whether or not the decision was correct, the way they came to their decision was ridiculous. Both referees and the touch judge 2 metres away were fine with it, they let play go for a good 30 metres, then decide to come back and take the word of the person who was considerably further away from the play than anyone else.
- the irony of a Manly fan saying they can't believe a player wasn't sinbinned is amazing. Did you see Matai in the Parra game? That was the most clearcut case for a sinbin I've ever seen yet he remained on the field

innsaneink

Referee
Its cllear here and proof that Robinson lost the plot, he got all in a tizz and lost control....ie: not first grade standard but we all knew that alreadys eh

beave

Coach
I think Robinson knew he had f**ked up and just allowed JT to vent. I honestly don't blame Thurston for reacting the way he did, I think he was frustrated with our current players (and how ordinary they are) and the being ass f**ked by the refs in the 2nd half.

I think you missed the point of the thread.

Of course he can get angry.

BUT if it is any other player they get sin binned.

Thurston carried on and on and on and on and on like a pre-schooler who just lost his favourite toy. So yeah, this is pre-school.

Case in point was the manly player being marched on the last tackle for swearing once.

As good as JT is he is a class A f-wit

blain

Juniors
I didnt see it but JT always blows up like a b*tch when the cows are losing. Man he pisses me off

Gaba

First Grade
Soward karate kicked Inglis in the face last year and wasnt suspended i believe.:crazy:
the one who should have been cited was inglis ,the choked hold was illegal , harrigan even admitted he made the wrong call ,

Last edited:

squiddy

Juniors
Hopefully Thurstons spray will call more attention to the woeful refereeing that players and fans are being subjected to each week - absolutely atrocious to say the least - funny how Robinson marched the Manly player only 30 second slater for backchate eh ?? Why cause he knew he farked up ...

Vossy

Bench
Obviously a different set of rules for the super stars. Blowing up deluxe about a decision that was clearly correct i.e forward pass. he should have been marched for 10 mins and penalty to manly.

If Matai, Watmough, gallen etc did something like that they would probably get a 12 month stint. Maybe not but penalty at the very least and high % chance of 10 mins in the bin.

Gallen did it towards Suttor and Robinson last week against the Eels and the refs didnt say boo to him for the rest of the game, that spray was a long time coming

Brutus

Referee
Thurston goes on like a right royal tard sometimes.

Robinson should've sent the f**kwit off.

Patsy

Juniors
the pass was 1-2 metres forward - the right decision was made. don't give arats if it cost the cowboys the game. glad the correct decision was made for once.

cowboys got a gift try earlier in the game anyway. tonga dropped one cold for a tony williams hit. tonga had just switch arms to palm someone on the inside and had no control. BUT got a stripping penalty and O'Donnell scored in that set of six.

BWNB

First Grade
Everyone knows that Thurston is the biggest thug in the game. im not surprised he didnt get sent off

Didgi

Thug? No.

Passionate? Yes.

Easily pissed off by 4th grade refereeing quality? Yes.

BWNB

First Grade
Thug? No.

Passionate? Yes.

Easily pissed off by 4th grade refereeing quality? Yes.

I'm guessing you missed his performance in the SOO last year. Since when can you kick the head?
He needs to learn how to control his emotions a little better, he should take a leaf out of Barrets book and learn how to respect.

Canard

Immortal
I'm guessing you missed his performance in the SOO last year. Since when can you kick the head?
He needs to learn how to control his emotions a little better, he should take a leaf out of Barrets book and learn how to respect.

Ha Quality! Comedy gold.

I read you post like it was serious at first.

I mean you have to be joking, after mentioning last years Origin, ya know the one were Barret king hit someone to take them out of the game.

Last edited:

NO_MORE_REFS

Juniors
If you ask me Thurston went way over the top regardless of the reason but there are certain players running round that can do almost what they want, not mentioning any names Billy Slater. But anyway if you look at the footage the far side touchy had probably the best view of what happened, the touch judge on the left hand side "nearest the play" was at least 4 or 5 meters behind the play and was in that instance about as useful as tits on a bull in that call. As for the 2 Refs, well they are just "Useless period"
But in the end regardless of what some people say the pass was clearly a couple of meters forward and should have been pulled up.
Whether a Manly fan or a Manly hater, like it or not they have already been beaten on the death on at least 2 occasions this year by very ordinary Refereeing to say the least so as long as the call was right I don't care which touchy called it.
The refereeing in general is shocking in all games as it was in that game, decisions went against both teams but at least in this case the game wasn't lost on that last call, the cowboys actually lost it with numerous bad or unlucky last tackle decisions.
So as suggested, SUCK IT UP Thursto.:crazy::roll: