What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did you rate Channel 7's coverage

How would you rate the coverage ?

• Best ever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brilliant

• Great

• Good

• Average

• OK

• OK if you had ADHD

• Well below par

• Shit

• Craptacular

• Id rather have my nuts in a walnut cracker than watch it

• Total voters
Crap.. It annoyed me how during the live telecast they would replay certain things over and over and over again. Very annoying when there are live sports currently being played. But when they did this i would just flick to SBS

Anonymous

Juniors
It wasn't that bad...When there's so much going on you can't expect to see everything.

Sydney 2000 when they had 2 pay tv channels showing it as well was better.

Glenn

First Grade
Not to bad IMHO, the coverage of the Basketball over the closing stages picked it up to me,
However how many times could you see the same thing..ie the clip on the iraqis etc :roll:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
would rather have paid for a pay TV channel

got sick of the same adds for two weeks

some events, like the tennis, were nort covered at all

Wiljoy00

Juniors
Very poor,because of the countless adverts, Bruce McAvaney was at his brilliant best but I don't like the type of humour??? dished out by Roy & HG so I switched off the TV and went to SBS when they came on.During one half hour,I counted 16 minutes of the games and 14 minutes of adverts, I only hope they don't get the AFL back again. Oh,and I was watching 7 when they announced something was( Live ) I had already seen it on SBS an hour or so earlier. :x :x :x

Razor

Coach
To many repeats
To much beach volleyball
To many team sports

The coverage of the field finals was crap. Never shown live, shown 12+ hours delayed and heavily cut.

lockyno1

Post Whore
To much beach volleyball

What!

There wasn't enough beach volleyball. I mean I could have watched the women beach volleyball all day!

There was too much equestrian and way way too much gymnatics when Australia was not even in the final!

Overall about a 6.5/10 :clap:

Razor

Coach
There was too much equestrian and way way too much gymnatics when Australia was not even in the final!

Australia made the final of the womens team gymnastics. We didn't get any footage of it - 7 doesn't film their own footage so take what's given to them. Since there was 2 gymnasts competing at once, we always got the non-Australian. The reason? Australia are crap and finished last by .5 points, when 7th place was only .6 from first place.

t-ba

Post Whore
Well below par/ Their legendary disdain for anything live got to me. Didn't seem to mind cutting to commercials at a vital time during a race/Match...

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
It was good that it was on nearly 24 hours a day but what they showed most of the time was highlights and replays of the same thing just over and over. I actually watched probably more or the same of SBS because SBS actually showed the whole game of whatever sport it was and with 7 they kept changing between sports that were on at the same time which was really annoying and frustrating.

eagleangel

Juniors
they showed the same thing over and over :? i saw all of pitman's races about 5 times each, and as much as i love swimming, they showed the same races too many times over.. more coverage should have been given to other sports

j_tig

Juniors
i, along with 99 % of people i know all looked forward to 330 every arvo when sbs started its coverage! i was sick for a few days during the olyumpics so basically watched tv for 3 days running and saw the same stuff all the time, and dont get me started on the ads! :evil: hopefully i'll be going to beijing so i wont have to put up with seven again!

PB

Bench
McAvaney is great when track and field are on, but he is not a swimming commentator. Brought back memories of 98 world champs when Neil Brooks cained Bruce cause he was talking utter crap!, not a good career move Brooksy.....

They would have been better off sending Anchors like griggs, and White over to greece, where they could have brought athletes in for interviews. Rather than waist their cash on Wilson's 5 minutes of dribble every night. Honestly, why did she even go!!!!

Latest posts