What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do the Rooster stay under the salary cap??

Status
Not open for further replies.

snorta69

Juniors
The 2 major contributors to this thread have been Newcastle and Penrith supporters. Why? Would it be both clubs have been accused recently of secret payments thru chairmen and secret 3rd party agreements? Any outcomes as yet girls?

Fibroman

First Grade
At least the Penrith and Newcastle numbers add up to less than the cap. You need triganomatory tables to work out how the rorters keep under the cap.

STSAE

Juniors
fibro man said:
At least the Penrith and Newcastle numbers add up to less than the cap. You need triganomatory tables to work out how the rorters keep under the cap.

That is one weak ass reply, fibre wench.

Youve got better dont ya??

:lol: :lol:

Chook

First Grade
Not one Rooster basher has ever been able to satisfactorily answer this one simple question.

If the Roosters are over the cap, or are cheating the cap, or are brown paper bagging payments to players, why would we, the Roosters, constantly put our selves in the limelight of the Rugby League public by asking for rises in the cap? Refuse to sign the CBA? Ask for concessions etc etc?

I mean, surely you don't think we are that stupid do you??

If we were doing all these things we are named to be doing, it stands to reason that we would be keeping a very low profile, ala the dogs 1996-2002 when they were cheating the cap. Surely we would NOT want to draw attention to ourselves?

Forget all your biased crap for one minute and think about it.

Why would we run the risk of getting exposed by drawing MORE attention to ourselves??

Chook.

eelsta

Bench
chook ignore these fools they are just jealous of your club as you say they would have been found out by now just like the dogs were funny thing is now parra are buying good players we are now being accused of the same thing as i fitz would be clever enough to do that any way good luck in finals dont let the real cheats in this comp win cheers

bulldog

Bench
Hmmm , I sure would like to see ALL the clubs books from '96-'02 , remember the 'Dogs were only busted because of a disgruntled employee . I'm sure there were at least a few piles of burning disks and documents soon after the news broke .

Raider_69

Post Whore
as said, fittlers money had already been spent on upgrades, an admission by the roosters CEO

so throught the loss of Hodges, Cusak and Hegs
they have signed Monnas, Firman and Roberts - now i know for fact and i wont go into how that Monnas is on more than 230k a year
roberts would be on at least 200 IMO
and firman would come cheap as he is abit injury prone and its a risk

STSAE

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
as said, fittlers money had already been spent on upgrades, an admission by the roosters CEO

so throught the loss of Hodges, Cusak and Hegs
they have signed Monnas, Firman and Roberts - now i know for fact and i wont go into how that Monnas is on more than 230k a year
roberts would be on at least 200 IMO
and firman would come cheap as he is abit injury prone and its a risk

"now i know for fact and i wont go into how"

You his boyfriend??

:lol: :lol:

Chook

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
now i know for fact and i wont go into how

Is this it? How pathetic! Is this the evidence, the proof to back up your claims??

What you have here is nothing, NOTHING, got that now? NOOOOTTTHHHHIIINNNGGGG!!!!

And neither one of you has answered my question. If you can't, just admit it, you haven't been the first not able to answer it.

Bring proof or shut up, you're just making fools of yourselves.

Chook.

Billy Gunn

Juniors
I am not sure if this question has been asked and answered before but I will ask anyway

What % of Andrew Johns's new contract actually applies to the salary cap?

How does the channel 9 salary effect the Knights salary cap?

I am by in no way suggesting anything sinister as I do not know enough about the salary cap policy but just a little curious.

Billy

Kid

Juniors
Geez does it really matter? The Roosters are the side at the moment, no more or less than the Broncos were b4. I, like everyone else hate the bastards, but more for the fact they are successful then for supposed cheating. Fibro, lets make all our salaries public, and not under false names, put a picture up of you and tell us what you earn. The Broncos for years have gotten away with "he just wants to stay in Qld, so he signed with us for less" theory, so why is it so inconceivable players might want to play for the Roosters given the money they pay in JF (which is not under salary cap). The Roosters are successful now, give it a few years an the tide will turn. They may not be as successful in 5 years, but when was the last time the Broncs won the wooden spoon?

aussielegend77

Juniors
isn't it obvious, when newcastle where able to keep Andrew Johns this year even though union was offering huge money. David (nazi) Gallop personally organised an external media contract for johns and extra ensentives to stay in league and at newcastle yet all the other teams had to let there players go

REEKS OF DOUBLE STANDARD TO ME!

Gallop then justified the contract by saying it was al ready a pre existing contract between the two parties just juiced up a little bit.

if that is the case i wish to sign all the Dragons up to a $1 contract and when a player comes up for contract and we cant fit him under the salary cap all club needs to do is juice up the players legal contract with my already pre existing external legal contract and we can keep the player legally under the salary cap. And maybe the player can shake my hand to fullfil their contractual obligation.
how ridiculuous.

Lor-ree

Juniors
they must like the club a lot, and not so much for money, I'm also guessing there is a lot of third party sponserhip of players, i.e. sun silk ads and ricko with nautica etc However I do dislike the roosters (only made worse by my family being chooks fans) I definitely don't think they are over the cap, just have excellent mangement skills.

Chook

First Grade
And yet whose club is currenlty over the cap??

Oh wait...that's right it's Penriff :clap:

Chook.

Status
Not open for further replies.