What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do we feel about Robbie Farah returning?

I took a moment today to reflect on Taylor’s state of mind after all that between him and Farrah went down and how he must have felt when he left the tigers and since ...Poor bastard ..He knows his coaching future is now consigned to the lower grades and assistant positions forever...I kind of feel for the guy...we’ve all got some weaknesses in our personality I have definitely got a few more than I’m happy about .. ..It must have been soul destroying for Taylor when he left the tigers knowing it was him that couldn’t handle Farrah when all other coaches seem to have no trouble dealing with him ...and that that was his last chance at first grade....He’d be a proud man I’m sure but it must just eat away at him on a daily basis...it’s no wonder he hasn’t said anything and Robbies comments would have cut deep I’m sure..Thats why his friend is sticking up for him...as any friend would but the fact is Taylor cast the first stone...and was so confident he could crush Robbie out of existence....No chance!!

What will always shit me about Taylor was his insistence on playing Rankin, and as a result we let a guy who would become the best winger in the game walk out of the club and go to the Storm and become a megastar. Losing Tedesco was one thing - he wanted big money or a chance at a premiership, but losing the Fox the way we did is the one that burns.

As for his deal with Farah - both seem to have huge opinions of themselves so it doesn't surprise me that they didn't get along. I am okay for Farah to have a return and swansong in a season that was always going to be a lean one, but the way it's been rewritten has made it out like Farah was an innocent victim in the whole thing, let's not forget 12 months prior they had a falling out, and prior to that he had the whole fiasco with Mick Potter.

gordsy

Juniors
I'm sure the journo asked him about it & Farah just spoke his mind.
Fair enough but use your brain. It's like when your missus asks if you think her friend is hot. Of course you do but you don't tell her that.
It’s just hack jurnos stirring up crap to sell newspapers
Bullshit. He gives his opinion and has a huge dig at Taylor. Bit hard to say journos are stirring up crap when you're the one giving the story oxygen

WA Tiger

Bench
What will always shit me about Taylor was his insistence on playing Rankin, and as a result we let a guy who would become the best winger in the game walk out of the club and go to the Storm and become a megastar. Losing Tedesco was one thing - he wanted big money or a chance at a premiership, but losing the Fox the way we did is the one that burns.

As for his deal with Farah - both seem to have huge opinions of themselves so it doesn't surprise me that they didn't get along. I am okay for Farah to have a return and swansong in a season that was always going to be a lean one, but the way it's been rewritten has made it out like Farah was an innocent victim in the whole thing, let's not forget 12 months prior they had a falling out, and prior to that he had the whole fiasco with Mick Potter.
Yip ok..u guys know much more than me especially earlier on...cheers

Last edited:
It shows what a gentleman Sterlo is, could have written anything about RF but simply wrote a very good piece incorporating the great Laurie Nichols and his passion as well as RF's passion for a great EPL football club.

A friend said a few years ago that the Tigers should use "You'll Never Walk Alone" as their theme.
Not like it's only used by LFC.

Imagine that in front of 90k at Leichhardt Oval, well maybe 20k

Tiger Ted

Bench
It shows what a gentleman Sterlo is, could have written anything about RF but simply wrote a very good piece incorporating the great Laurie Nichols and his passion as well as RF's passion for a great EPL football club.

A friend said a few years ago that the Tigers should use "You'll Never Walk Alone" as their theme.
Not like it's only used by LFC.

Imagine that in front of 90k at Leichhardt Oval, well maybe 20k
I’ve being to Anfield (55k capacity) & remember the great old days at a packed Leichhardt in the mid - late 80’s.Nothing rivals a full house @ LO when ur team is loaded with guns & a no. of them were balmain juniors & one club men.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’ve being to Anfield (55k capacity) & remember the great old days at a packed Leichhardt in the mid - late 80’s.Nothing rivals a full house @ LO when ur team is loaded with guns & a no. of them were balmain juniors & one club men.
No wonder your not happy with this bunch...and everything that goes with it...

stryker

First Grade
Rod Reddy's coaching career;

Barrow, UK 1989-90 - Barrow manage only one league win and suffer a club record 90–0 defeat at Leeds. Reddy was sacked and Denis Jackson took over as a caretaker coach for the rest of 1989–90.

Appointed St George coach for 1996 but embraced the Super League concept and walked out on his former club before a match was played.

Reddy was the inaugural coach of the Adelaide Rams for the 1997 Super League season. After a poor start to the 1998 season, Reddy and his coaching staff were sacked by the Rams’ administration, and the club folded at the end of the year.
Haha yeah and once added to his abysmal efforts at the Tiges we have the full picture of a post footy career surrounded by failure. He is a shit bloke to boot. I hope he is smarting this morning with the news reports gloating about our result last night and Robs effort in it.
Eat a dick rocket you salty loser.

Tigerm

First Grade
Haha yeah and once added to his abysmal efforts at the Tiges we have the full picture of a post footy career surrounded by failure. He is a shit bloke to boot. I hope he is smarting this morning with the news reports gloating about our result last night and Robs effort in it.
Eat a dick rocket you salty loser.
I think he may post on here:)

Tigerm

First Grade
Just looking at the post match presser, I know Robbie has made some mistakes (haven't we all), but he doesn't come across as selfish at all.