What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do we feel about Robbie Farah returning?

Tiger05

First Grade
He should learn to shut his mouth but hey people are different. It only damages him.

Still I don't give a f**k. I care about on field performances and he is performing well below average at the moment.

OK fair enough but overall, I think there has been 2 off field 'things' that relate to him.
1. speaking to Tallis (a media personality, as you described him) who I think was out of order and perhaps trying to further his media career and
2. The Taylor saga, 2 strong willed guys, one with an agenda rightly or not?

The rest of your response should be directed to another poster, if you look over your initial response, cheers.

It wasn't all aimed at you OTT. I had a train of thought and believed it all to be relevant.

My overall point stands, my opinion of Farah isn't that I hate him. I don't think he's done the club favours off-field over the years. It doesn't diminsh my opinion of him on the paddock, he's been excellent for us over many years, and as I have said previously while I didn't agree with the club bringing him back, I supported their stance. Not necessarily believing him to be in the right all the time doesn't translate to hating him, nor wanting to see him fail at the expense of the club. I think my opinion to be a bit more nuanced than most who just think he is either infallible or the next coming of Hitler.

WA Tiger

Bench
This is why Farah should just STFU, welcome to the new media circus

View attachment 31695
Mate I respect your right of reply but I have to say here from having gotten to know u a bit seen how you write and stuff your not the person I really want to be attacking / arguing with .. we havnt seen eye to eye but I see you as a really nice guy a gentleman and very knowledgeable league fan ...What I wrote had nothing to do with you.....but for now .....Your not going to get any positive comments from his and Taylor’s camp obviously...More importantly what did soufs think of him. ...https://www.sbs.com.au/news/i-want-robbie-to-stay-at-rabbitohs-cook. Damien Cook said he “doesn’t want him to leave” ...see above .For me Reddys comments have made my day because 1- It has obviously hit the spot 2- 4/5 of our team are nrl standard ...that’s a compliment....We are going to get sour grapes from that camp but not from Balls free Taylor obviously...he will probably say “well everyone can have their opinion but I’ve moved on from that” The important thing is whatever shit comes our way and it will be sure of that ..we have to stick up for our man we have to stick up for our team. Like a family we can argue all day internally but when it comes from outside about one of our own we rise together...we don’’t back down.....We live in the land of the tall poppy ..ready to be cut down at the first sign of pride or someone sticking up for themselves...We need more tall poppies not less ..If Taylor has any balls he would have been able to handle Farrah and none of this would have happened but he couldn’t so like a teen he treated Robbie badly ... .. If u want opinions that matter ask his very highly respected and very successful coaches Ivan Cleary who has the softest persona in the book and Madge and Seibold..Respected current coaches all of them that know him and have nothing but high praise

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mate I respect your right of reply but I have to say here from having gotten to know u a bit seen how you write and stuff your not the person I really want to be attacking / arguing with .. we havnt seen eye to eye but I see you as a really nice guy a gentleman and very knowledgeable league fan ...What I wrote had nothing to do with you.....but for now .....Your not going to get any positive comments from his and Taylor’s camp obviously...More importantly what did soufs think of him. ...https://www.sbs.com.au/news/i-want-robbie-to-stay-at-rabbitohs-cook. Damien Cook said he “doesn’t want him to leave” ...see above .For me Reddys comments have made my day because 1- It has obviously hit the spot 2- 4/5 of our team are reserve grade ...that’s a compliment....We are going to get sour grapes from that camp but not from Balls free Taylor obviously...he will probably say “well everyone can have their opinion but I’ve moved on from that” The important thing is whatever shit comes our way and it will be sure of that ..we have to stick up for our man we have to stick up for our team. Like a family we can argue all day internally but when it comes from outside about one of our own we rise together...we don’’t back down.....We live in the land of the tall poppy ..ready to be cut down at the first sign of pride or someone sticking up for themselves...We need more tall poppies not less ..If Taylor has any balls he would have been able to handle Farrah and none of this would have happened but he couldn’t so like a teen he treated Robbie badly ... .. If u want opinions that matter ask his very highly respected and very successful coaches Ivan Cleary who has the softest persona in the book and Madge and Seibold..Respected current coaches all of them that know him and have nothing but high praise

If everyone agreed this place would be boring and may aswell not exist. My argument has nothing to do with who was right out of Taylor/Farah. I’ll back Robbie over that flea any day. My issue is that AGAIN right before a must win game the club is inbroiled in a slanging match through the media. This has happened multiple times throughout the years and on every occasion we balls it up on the field. We’ve never been a club that performs under pressure, weve now had unnecessary focus thrust upon us through no ones fault but one of our players.

Maybe this will blow over and not affect anyone, maybe it will fire them up (I’d be surprised as nothing else has over the years) if any of these happen no one will be happier then me but in my experience as a Wests fan we’ll fall to pieces at the slightest sign of adversity and get flogged by 30.

WA Tiger

Bench
If everyone agreed this place would be boring and may aswell not exist. My argument has nothing to do with who was right out of Taylor/Farah. I’ll back Robbie over that flea any day. My issue is that AGAIN right before a must win game the club is inbroiled in a slanging match through the media. This has happened multiple times throughout the years and on every occasion we balls it up on the field. We’ve never been a club that performs under pressure, weve now had unnecessary focus thrust upon us through no ones fault but one of our players.

Maybe this will blow over and not affect anyone, maybe it will fire them up (I’d be surprised as nothing else has over the years) if any of these happen no one will be happier then me but in my experience as a Wests fan we’ll fall to pieces at the slightest sign of adversity and get flogged by 30.
That makes sense

Last edited:

Even more so since the year is all but gone.

WA Tiger

Bench
Mate I respect your right of reply but I have to say here from having gotten to know u a bit seen how you write and stuff your not the person I really want to be attacking / arguing with .. we havnt seen eye to eye but I see you as a really nice guy a gentleman and very knowledgeable league fan ...What I wrote had nothing to do with you.....but for now .....Your not going to get any positive comments from his and Taylor’s camp obviously...More importantly what did soufs think of him. ...https://www.sbs.com.au/news/i-want-robbie-to-stay-at-rabbitohs-cook. Damien Cook said he “doesn’t want him to leave” ...see above .For me Reddys comments have made my day because 1- It has obviously hit the spot 2- 4/5 of our team are reserve grade ...that’s a compliment....We are going to get sour grapes from that camp but not from Balls free Taylor obviously...he will probably say “well everyone can have their opinion but I’ve moved on from that” The important thing is whatever shit comes our way and it will be sure of that ..we have to stick up for our man we have to stick up for our team. Like a family we can argue all day internally but when it comes from outside about one of our own we rise together...we don’’t back down.....We live in the land of the tall poppy ..ready to be cut down at the first sign of pride or someone sticking up for themselves...We need more tall poppies not less ..If Taylor has any balls he would have been able to handle Farrah and none of this would have happened but he couldn’t so like a teen he treated Robbie badly ... .. If u want opinions that matter ask his very highly respected and very successful coaches Ivan Cleary who has the softest persona in the book and Madge and Seibold..Respected current coaches all of them that know him and have nothing but high praise
. WOOPS I meant 2 - he said “4/5 of our team are NRL level” that’s a compliment ....

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Former Wests Tigers assistant Rod Reddy has bitten back in a fiery war of words with Robbie Farah ahead of his 300th NRL game.

Farah fired the first shot when he slammed his former Tigers coaches Jason Taylor and Rod Reddy, who he blames for ending his first stint at the club.

“I wouldn’t want to hear from JT anyway,’’ Farah said.

“At the time I was told by him and ‘Rocket’ Reddy, I’d finish my career in reserve grade. But I’m here now - ‘JT’ is coaching reserve grade [at North Sydney].’’

Taylor famously ended Farah’s first stint at the Tigers back in 2016 by suggesting he would play in reserve grade, if he elected to stay with the club.

But former St George and Kangaroos legend Reddy has now fired back on social media.

“Well we were right he went to Souths and played reserve grade and that Wests Tigers team at the moment is a reserve grade team with 4/5 NRL players in it and Farah is not 1 of them,” Reddy said.

“Most selfish player I have ever been involved with while either playing the game or coaching bar none.”

Farah remains bitter that he was denied the opportunity to be a one club player at the Tigers.

He revealed on Wednesday that he considered giving the game away when he was languishing in reserve grade at the Rabbitohs.

“I was running around with the Bears in NSW Cup and I was ready to walk away from the game, Farah said.

“It was pretty hard to try and find the motivation to go and play and I thought I was done.

“I had the opportunity to play my 250th here, which was pretty special because that got taken away from me a couple of years ago, so that was special and this is just a bit of icing on the cake.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/93acd0148d7e050ad369ae90ac375801

The response from Rocket Reddy, hits hard.

Why footballers should zip it.

I wonder what Joel thought of Farah whilst he was at Concord.

WA Tiger

Bench
At least Farah didn't punch Taylor. It wouldn't be the first time if he had! :smile:

What a top bloke Taylor must be
I took a moment today to reflect on Taylor’s state of mind after all that between him and Farrah went down and how he must have felt when he left the tigers and since ...Poor bastard ..He knows his coaching future is now consigned to the lower grades and assistant positions forever...I kind of feel for the guy...we’ve all got some weaknesses in our personality I have definitely got a few more than I’m happy about .. ..It must have been soul destroying for Taylor when he left the tigers knowing it was him that couldn’t handle Farrah when all other coaches seem to have no trouble dealing with him ...and that that was his last chance at first grade....He’d be a proud man I’m sure but it must just eat away at him on a daily basis...it’s no wonder he hasn’t said anything and Robbies comments would have cut deep I’m sure..Thats why his friend is sticking up for him...as any friend would but the fact is Taylor cast the first stone...and was so confident he could crush Robbie out of existence....No chance!!

WA Tiger

Bench
He’s still Young 48 ...everyone is on a learning curve in life ey..he will prob find his way back some day.Hes got a wife and kids..Actually not sure about the wife and kids ..don’t they all..It would have taken a strong man to come back from that...after a second or third failure ...but he’s soldiering on prob on more than a lot of us ...Good luck to him

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Rod Reddy's coaching career;

Barrow, UK 1989-90 - Barrow manage only one league win and suffer a club record 90–0 defeat at Leeds. Reddy was sacked and Denis Jackson took over as a caretaker coach for the rest of 1989–90.

Appointed St George coach for 1996 but embraced the Super League concept and walked out on his former club before a match was played.

Reddy was the inaugural coach of the Adelaide Rams for the 1997 Super League season. After a poor start to the 1998 season, Reddy and his coaching staff were sacked by the Rams’ administration, and the club folded at the end of the year.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Rod Reddy's coaching career;

Barrow, UK 1989-90 - Barrow manage only one league win and suffer a club record 90–0 defeat at Leeds. Reddy was sacked and Denis Jackson took over as a caretaker coach for the rest of 1989–90.

Appointed St George coach for 1996 but embraced the Super League concept and walked out on his former club before a match was played.

Reddy was the inaugural coach of the Adelaide Rams for the 1997 Super League season. After a poor start to the 1998 season, Reddy and his coaching staff were sacked by the Rams’ administration, and the club folded at the end of the year.
Hahaha almost Jack Gibson like isn’t he

Latest posts