What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you rate our Players tonight

BigNormProvan

Juniors
set completions are a load of sh*t if you don't do anything .. five one-out rucks and deliberately kicking the ball dead is apparently a set completion .. you obviously shouldn't make errors if you don't try something risky in order to score ..

That game plan won it for us tonight. Better than spilling it after 3 and putting yourself under defensive and fatigue pressure. Anyone who didn't think we'd play safety first tonight doesn't know Bennett.

Did you see the Parra forwards - no sting, 5 darts and a long kick does more than make your completion stats look good.

We got in front and there was no need to go chasing points, we did what we had to.

Don't worry, Dubo. Bennett will have a more attacking game plan up his sleeve, you just won't see it in the early rounds or when we get a lead.

Big Norm

watatank

Coach
set completions are a load of sh*t if you don't do anything .. five one-out rucks and deliberately kicking the ball dead is apparently a set completion .. you obviously shouldn't make errors if you don't try something risky in order to score ..

That's fine, but we're talking about Round 1.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Footy is footy, and penalties are a part of that. Some days you get them and some days you don't. When they do come, you have to take full advantage. Early in the season there will be a lot of 2's. Later in the season we will be going for 6's. Any win is good at this stage, ugly or otherwise.
I dont mind a grinding ugly win, two points is two points, Im just saying we need to improve on last year.

Gaba

First Grade
Eels tried to attack without hayne the eels have nothing

notice the eels (hayne) keep doing thier predictable bomb up for mortimer in attack

and it continues to make me laugh, people say no attack , yet teams score less points then the dragons majority of times

Last edited:
I wouldn't call it an ugly win. Our forwards dominated and we shut down one of the better attacking sides. We had a game plan to take out a player rated as one of the games best and played to our own strengths. In the first half with Fien on the field we shifted the ball side to side probing for holes. In the second half without Fien we adapted and played error free percentage football.

In my opinion a great win against the premiership favourites at their home ground.

The biggest problem now is knowing what to do after a first round win. Not too much experience there......

great win away from home ,weyman stood out- but for us to wipe the floor with the better sides we need a high class attacking back. Without this player we need our defence to 150% everygame, otherwise the opposition seem to be a winning chance right up to the hooter in most games we play.

drago brelli

Bench
Coach bennett won't throw the 9 from the 20s into 1st grade. He's name is Cameron King. He is a 1st grader but is simply too young, I think. Coach Bennett is a smart operator and will have something planned. I would go after Michael Sullivan who is playing 2nd grade at Canterbury Bankstown. Fein's loss will be a problem for the Steel Dragons. Then again all teams will suffer bad injuries.

grandorient

Bench
I believe Saffy's hits and runs were magnificient. We are indeed fortunate having a player of his calibre coming off the bench.

Was I seeing things, or did I see Soward involved in dozens of tackles. OK, some were ineffective, others 2nd or third man in, but he was there tackling. Well done Jamie.

GO

Wayne's World

First Grade

So i surpose a few cross field runs and a kick down the fullbacks throat is a good set. Did Parra actually do a good kick?

Last edited:

marty_dragon

Juniors
All the forwards played really well. In particular Hunt, Weyman, Saffy and Smith. 33 from 36 completions is an amazing achievement for round 1.

I still cant believe that our own supporters are bagging the team after a gutsy win in the first round.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I wasn't an ugle win, for me. Playing a quality side away from home and getting the points in a clinical manner, in the first game of the season.

Winning ugly is dropping the pill, having points scored on you, no control or consistancy, stupid penalties and not being on the money in defence.

Great win!!

Big Norm

mightydragon

Juniors
Everyone must remember that we are currently running with a prop and a backrower in the centres. I wonder how Brett Morris would go in the centres, to ensure he gets quality ball. Maybe Emmett or Lett on the wing?

stg666

Juniors
ISN'T LIFE GRAND, on a sat morning after having a win. the birds are even singing 'when the saints go marching in'....... smart birds down our way.

Latest posts