What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you sum up Luke Burt?

How good IS Luke Burt?

• Hugely underrated - Should be in contention for the Tri-Nations

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • He's a pretty handy player in a purple patch

Votes: 127 76.0%
  • He's rubbish

Votes: 20 12.0%

• Total voters

Azkatro

First Grade
He seems to be the kind of player who few people give any credit to, but when he plays like he is at the moment he does some superb things on the football field. And in some ways it seems to me like when the Eels have him in their side, it gives them just a bit extra flair with his ability to kick and be in the right place at the right time.

Yet at times in his career he's copped some pretty scathing criticism from Eels fans and otherwise and considered by many to be no more than a fringe first grader.

How do you rate an in-form Luke Burt?

Agent Mulder

Bench
Well i thought Burt along with Grothe were our best in our loss to the Cowboys in last years final, This year in the handful of games he has played i don't think he has played a bad game, His form atm is awesome, Wanting to make that fullback role his own in 2007, I think it will be a fight bewteen Hayne and Burt for Parramatta fullback next year.

But yeah Burty is a handy player in a purple patch, Great Bloke (Have met him before) and Great Clubman, Always willing to put his hand up for the club and takes pay cuts to stay at the Club.

Eelectrica

Referee
I picked the middle option. He's solid, without being spectacular. Last night he missed a tackle leading to the sharks first try. He made up for it later by being at the right place, right time to score a couple.

Big Pete

Referee
I have a soft spot for Luke Burt and I think he's quite a handy player. I think a lot of clubs would benefit them having him in the side (eg. Broncos) however at Parra where they have a lot of great backs and game breakers he is just a fringe first grade player.

Deadset he is 1000/1 to be in the Tri-Nations and won't even be in contention. He would need to do a lot more than score a few points in 2 games.

Playing decent footy and in a purple patch for sure but hasn't even shown anything to indicate that he could more up to the next level.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Burt's always been a good player, and well done to JT showing faith in him, cause he's goin to be here in the next couple of years why not give him a go now. I dont think he was as bad as people said they were, he did play ordinary at the start of the year but he wasnt as bad as others. Plus I noticed the difference in players under a different coach. Burt's the type of player who can create something when needed, and he gets involved in the play, he can play fullback and wing, he's always got a good kicking game, remember he kicked 2 40/20's last year in one game.

Glad he's in the team for his goal kicking as well.

Iafeta

Referee
Middle option.

When the forwards go good, Burt goes good. When the pressure's on, he makes a load of simple errors.

He's the perfect example of a player who was rushed into first grade far too early. He was 17 when he made his debut in 99....he hasn't really turned out to be Daley or Fittler lol.

He's a solid player though, and deserves his spot in that Parra backline.

...He grins like an idiot in the middle of games but.

>zuzu<

Juniors
If McKinnon wasnt leaving, i wouldnt have a space for him in my backline next year. But now that a gap has opened, he can probably shift F/B roles with Hayne.

He is an ok player. Little more then a fringe FG. He can be inconsistent at times, but his best football is great to watch

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
his form at the end of last year would have warranted a tri nations spot, but right now, 3 games is just not enough.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
LOL, yes understood, but his form late last year made him close to the best wingers in the game at that point in time. but that form faded.

caylo

Bench
i remember, a few years ago, burty was playing fullback... after hodgson left (and eventuallY McKinnon took his spot) burty was playing his best footy at fullback and gus said he would have had him as the aussie #1. he didn't get picked but he was in good form, unfortuanlty go injured and mckinnon started playing real well. at fullback burty is good enough 2 make the australian team, but 3 games in not enough

[furrycat]

Coach
no.2_lukeburt said:
LOL, yes understood, but his form late last year made him close to the best wingers in the game at that point in time. but that form faded.

Best players in the game are decided on their consistency, not 2 good weeks

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I voted for handy player, but i'd have preferred the average player in a purple patch option.

wittyfan

Referee
And also former teammates:

Witty42.jpg

Latest posts