What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you sum up Luke Burt?

How good IS Luke Burt?

• Hugely underrated - Should be in contention for the Tri-Nations

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • He's a pretty handy player in a purple patch

Votes: 127 76.0%
  • He's rubbish

Votes: 20 12.0%

• Total voters

[furrycat]

Coach
no.2_lukeburt said:
on form in the second half of last season he was. thats 13 weeks not 2

I'll rephrase.

Good form considered by people with a good clue about the game- a bias fan does not count.

You won't find many agreeing he was in amazing form last year.

D

Deleted member 10972

Average player playing in a team in excellent form, feeding off their confidence & fluency to build a purple patch.

D

Deleted member 10972

Burt will never be the Aus fullback. Minichiello is by FAR the best, followed by Wesser, Hodgson, Hornby. Schifcofske, if he stayed in the NRL, would have been next bet. As i said before, Burt is a poor man's Hornby. Same sort of player, utility value & performs well in a purple patch, but when the team isn't performing they disappear or play garbage (Luke Burt 2003-2004 = alot of the Parra fans were constantly calling for his head).

t-ba

Post Whore
Fringe First Grader in a purple patch...who is quickly getting on my nerves...

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Parra fans are a fickle lot, a quick look at the drastic changes in out crowd figures this season alone is a good example. and Furry, he was in decent form last year, never a chance for a rep side, but he was very much the overlooked overacheiver.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Burt has always had points in him and nuffies don't score 50 pts in 3 weeks

18 pts vs Manly (2 tries and 5/5 goals)
16 pts vs Dragons (1 try and 6/7 goals)
18 pts vs Sharks (2 tries and 5/7 goals)

52 pts 5 tries 16 goals at 84% is not the work of a nothing player.

It'll be interesting to see how he handles things when Parra play sides like the Storm or Bulldogs who have big players.

Burt has come up with a few errors a poor attempted tackle on Pomoroy last night and against the Dragons he didn't attack the ball which allowed Best and easy try.

_Johnsy

Referee
A solid 1st grade player no more, no less. Only a parra fan could seriously think he is a chance for tri nations

Phillips

Referee
great clubmen and handy player

although he gets bagged alot if he's not performing much like Vella & Wagon etc

paulmc

Juniors
luke burt will be an important component in parra's finals campaign.
i don't think they can fit him and mckinnon in 1st grade when tahu returns. selection headaches are always a good sign a team is travelling well.

parra_jesus

Juniors
brilliant just brilliant. i admit i have blasted burty from time to time but i have always had a soft spot for him.great to see him going so well he deserves it.

caylo

Bench
can u fit them both in, no... well sorry but until timmy comes back the only way we will beat top teams is with burts kicking game. when tim comes back i would be more inclinded to go with wade, but how do u drop burty. i like the team the way it is, mabey Odwyer will just have 2 make way 4 tit.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Very good player. Could be a bloter for the tri nations. Doesn't have many flaws in his game.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
lockyno1 said:
Very good player. Could be a bloter for the tri nations. Doesn't have many flaws in his game.

FFS. If he makes the Tri Nations team i'll fly on your private jet to Los Angeles and do several nude laps of the LA Coliseum.