What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you sum up Luke Burt?

How good IS Luke Burt?

• Hugely underrated - Should be in contention for the Tri-Nations

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • He's a pretty handy player in a purple patch

Votes: 127 76.0%
  • He's rubbish

Votes: 20 12.0%

• Total voters

Hellsy

Immortal
I selected the middle choice but only because their is no option in between that and the selction for TriNations one :LOL: :LOL:
I believe he falls somewhere in between

Nikki

Coach
As much as Burty rocks my world, even I know that he wouldnt make Tri-Nations. Not to say that he never could in the future, but thats up to him isnt it?

Bazal

Post Whore
Burt is a brilliantly talented player, who has never lived up to his ability. On pure talent, he can be one of the best players in the game. Unfortunately, he is one of those players who can never quite tap into that. As a result, the furthest he will ever go IMO is Country rep, if that. A very, very good player when he is on song but just far too inconsistent at the moment to ever be more than a solid first grader. I hope I'm wrong though, as if he does finally reach his full potential he could well be a superstar. Quite possibly the nicest bloke in the game, but that is something else...

QLD Fever

Juniors
pretty handy player until it comes to the semi's like all parra players... choke! and if he is in the tri nations squad over players like Inglis, Brent tate, hodges, matt king, matt geyer, steve turner i will support the Kiwi's this year :crazy:

sooperdooper

First Grade
Burt is a good player, always liked him.
Ppl have put it on him as he is a small framed man, and can get tossed around a little! isnt the tough little guy like hodgson... yet burt has some freakish skills and is playing well, not a tri nations contender..
Burt is just a good player who is playing well and enjoying footy

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Its always been relevant, because there always will be burt haters who need to be proven wrong.

Ever since the move to FB he has been dynamic in the role, IMO, like he isnt a Mckinnon type player, sure. But the way i see it Mckinnon at FB is like a less talented version of Minichello... like i mean the style of FB. Burt, is different... more in the Webb or Lockyer mould (except obviously nowhere near as good.) I love his short drop outs hes been doing them for a hwile now, i remember he did in 03 i think... they never see it coming though. Once he even did the grubber to himself off the kickoff...

His support play is invaluable, and the try he scored of piggy... he called for it. I urge anyone who begs to differ to have a look at the game, before riddell went into D Half, burt said something to him... Riddell nodded.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Why has he never been in rep footy. Surely if tonight's form is representative of the kind of player he is and also he had a great game against us in round 5 he should be representing country origin atleast.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
many thought he should have been in country origin actually, infact think about it... youd have him over Roberts atleast. But selectors dont choose inform players (as we all know)

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think the reason he hasn't played rep footy is because of his size. The guy has a massive heart and guts - but when it comes to making a one-on-one try-saving tackle against a man bigger than himself...Sure, he'll put 100% into the tackle. But will he actually save the try?

In some cases, yes - look at the huge hit he put on Morris back when we beat them. In other cases, no - his hit on Weyman against Canberra.

Bottom line? He's a very good player, but he's not perfect. Smart, too - those short drop-outs of his are invaluable.

D

Deleted member 10972

Only plays good when the team plays good. Never a standout in a losing side, won't win a match based on his own brilliance. His early introduction to FG has led to him being an experienced member of the team, therefore his on-field nous is of a high standard, he is a 'young veteran' in the Lance Thompson style, but in terms of talent & skill, he is pretty average. His experience & understanding of players will lead to his opportunistic tries such as supporting players or pouncing on grubbers. He isn't very fast, isn't very strong, his kick returns are soft, his defence is average, but his understanding of the game due to his years in FG aid him & put him above the status of nuffy, but still well below the status of 'star'. Therefore will never be anything more than a handy FGer, capable of shining in a team that is doing well. No complaints over his goalkicking though. Sharpshooter

He is still behind Minichiello, Stewart, Wesser, Slater, Kidley, Kearney, Hunt, Campbell, Peachey in terms of fullbacks in the comp anyway.

Latest posts