What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does Rabs still have a job?

BranVan3000

Coach
This guy is the biggest jibberer in the history of sport, along with Gould, but at least Gould provides some insightful comments especially when he is away from Rabs.

I can't remember the last time I've heard Rabs say something insightful about a game. Today he talked about how he was going to gt to his State of Origin match, how he drinks Mylanta before a game and how Jeff Lima sounds like he is from the wiggles more than the game

Besides the comedy it provides, and having an iconic sounding voice, his commentary is actually hurting games. If the commentators aren't showing a vague interest in the game, its only going to rub off on the people watching it

But he is the Voice of League.......they will never sack him or allow a bad word to be said about him

At least Richie Benaud still knows who the players are

Loudstrat

Coach
Its not as if it was a high pressure game. He'll be right on Wednesday.
There is no one better on FTA anyway.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm going to defend Rabs on one thing. When you're sitting way up in the grandstand with a pair of binoculars identifying players you are going to mistake one from the other from time to time. Especially when you're calling at the same time.

aqua_duck

Coach
Apparently according to Rabs SOO is only 2 days away, didn't know they played on a Tuesday night.....

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm going to defend Rabs on one thing. When you're sitting way up in the grandstand with a pair of binoculars identifying players you are going to mistake one from the other from time to time. Especially when you're calling at the same time.

Most commentators call off a monitor

IFR33K

Coach
My favourite bit about his commentry tonight was when he started talking about origin on Wednesday.

He continues, by saying it would be a good game in two days, pauses, thinks and states again yes in two days.

_Johnsy

Referee
He's an old moron. Never liked him as a commentator. Met him once about 5 years ago, arrogant asshole.

Latest posts