What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does Rabs still have a job?

aqua_duck

Coach
Anyway, try calling a game off your tv and see if you get everything 100% right.

Maybe but surely the numbers on the back of their jerseys are a big give away. The fact that regular punters on this forum can see his errors shows its easier than he makes out

Card Shark

Immortal
If we don't have Rab's, who do we have?

Ray or Tim ? Nine got rid of their most accomplished commentator.

barney gumble

Juniors
One of the games big issues being discussed here!

Rabs sounding a little tired, but still the best commentator around.

kbw

Bench
Ray Warren is the worst sports commentator in the country by a country mile, the only person as bad is Andrew Voss, who thinks he is Ray Warren anyway.

Even ignoring the fact he gets so many players wrong, his commentary about the game is boring, senile and irrelevant.
He has never been that good in my opinion, the ch9 mantra about being the greatest caller in Australia is a complete insult to all the others.

derp

Juniors
Yep. thank f**k Channel 7 have won the rights to broadcast the 2013 world cup

I was out at the game so I missed the commentary. Did he call Nathan Peats, Geordi again? That's always my favourite. Geordi hasn't played for what must be close to 15 years yet Rabs manages to slip that one in all the time.

beave

Coach
When NQ had a few indigenous and darker skin toned lads, the head geared trio of Rod Jensen, Ty Williams, and JT were always called by the others name, then you had Bowen, Matt Sing and David Faiumu who always confused old Rabs and then throw in the classic 'Scott Tronc' and the few games if ours that he did in the middle 2k's were always cringeworthy from a commentary perspective for us NQers.

I bet my bottom dollar he doesn't do one minute of research during the week before any game he does. It's like listening to your senile grandad try and tell you how to fix a car, shame shit has moved on and gone past his capabilities........

Paullyboy

Coach
I reckon you blokes who bag him for getting a name wrong every now and then should have a go at calling a match. Just do it in your livig room and I bet you make at least one name mistake in a half. Then when you do make that mistake, feel free to bag yourself about it...

no name

Referee
Rabs hasn't watched a game he hasn't commentated for at least 5 years and he admits as such quite regularly.
The ultimate professional.

no name

Referee
I reckon you blokes who bag him for getting a name wrong every now and then should have a go at calling a match. Just do it in your livig room and I bet you make at least one name mistake in a half. Then when you do make that mistake, feel free to bag yourself about it...

One a half? Rabs does close to one a set.

no name

Referee
Oh how I long for his good old days.
When Meeenzies! And Kkyennedy were hitting the line at speed.
That was when he was a caller.

DC_fan

Coach
I still can't get over his comment on Friday night about the upcoming Red Shield Appeal.

Ray it was held in May.

redvscotty

First Grade
Old. Buffoon.

Then there's Gilbert calling a Storm game calling every player by their surnames except for Cameron and Billy. He seriously has the gays for those two.

Stagger Lee

Bench
To be fair to Rabs I thought he once was a truly great commentator but his time has passed. Bruce Gyngell needs to pull him aside and have an honest chat with him, tell him to do his research before a game, reduce his workload and start thinking about retirement.

Latest posts