What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does Rabs still have a job?

redvscotty

First Grade
To be fair to Rabs I thought he once was a truly great commentator but his time has passed. Bruce Gyngell needs to pull him aside and have an honest chat with him, tell him to do his research before a game, reduce his workload and start thinking about retirement.

2 games a week must be killing him!

I'd love to work a 6 hour week!

eozsmiles

Bench
To be fair to Rabs I thought he once was a truly great commentator but his time has passed. Bruce Gyngell needs to pull him aside and have an honest chat with him, tell him to do his research before a game, reduce his workload and start thinking about retirement.

Is that what Ray calls David?

JoeD

First Grade
Rabs hasn't watched a game he hasn't commentated for at least 5 years and he admits as such quite regularly.
The ultimate professional.

Longer I reckon. IMO league is purely a pay chq at this stage. Why wouldn't you watch more unless it really holds no appeal. He's not a fan of the game and it comes out through his commentary.

Stagger Lee

Bench
:lol:Stagger must be sacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Loudstrat I've got something for ya! :p

186837-wooden-spoon.jpg

Bulldog Force

Referee
This guy is the biggest jibberer in the history of sport, along with Gould, but at least Gould provides some insightful comments especially when he is away from Rabs.

I can't remember the last time I've heard Rabs say something insightful about a game. Today he talked about how he was going to gt to his State of Origin match, how he drinks Mylanta before a game and how Jeff Lima sounds like he is from the wiggles more than the game

Besides the comedy it provides, and having an iconic sounding voice, his commentary is actually hurting games. If the commentators aren't showing a vague interest in the game, its only going to rub off on the people watching it
FFS he is 70 years old you merkin. I'm sure at 70, he's entitled to make a few simple mistakes, he's only human.

Chook Norris

First Grade
FFS he is 70 years old you merkin. I'm sure at 70, he's entitled to make a few simple mistakes, he's only human.

Did you even bother to read OP's post at all :?

How does talk about his knitting, the wiggles and general inane bullsh*t equivalent to mistakes?

Or maybe his jibberish truly has found its audience of simpletons such as yourself

Chook Norris

First Grade
There is little redeeming quality in Warren's commentary left apart from being the supposed "voice" of rugby league. A boring game of RL suddenly becomes ten thousand times worse under his commentary

Apey

Staff member
They aren't mistakes, he genuinely doesn't know. Bit of a difference.

I reckon you blokes who bag him for getting a name wrong every now and then should have a go at calling a match. Just do it in your livig room and I bet you make at least one name mistake in a half. Then when you do make that mistake, feel free to bag yourself about it...

Maybe, but then that's why we pay professionals who get it right, isn't it?

Latest posts