What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good are Hoffman, Lima and Finch?

Wigan Dave

Juniors
Hi

Greetings from a Wigan fan.:)
We've had a great season so far under the guidance of Madge.

Not seen much of the Storm this year, could you rate the strengths and weaknesses of Lima, Hoffman and Finch? What kind of players have we signed?

Cheers

Dave

BigNormProvan

Juniors
G'day Dave. I troll this forum regularly, as the Storm are filth....but that's for another day.

Lima: Bit of a grub, excelled in the Storm's mastery of illegal tackling techniques. Grapples, chicken wings, rolling pins, crushers and the like. He comes across as 'dumb as dog sh!t' when he speaks. Would i have him at St. George?? Definatly not.

Finch: His Dad was a Premiership winning hero for St. George. Brett stands in his shadow. He also played for East's, so he looses more points. He is a whiny little sh*t that is hated by most league fans other than the club he plays for. He doesn't last too long at most clubs. Would I have him at St. George?? Definatly not.

Hoffman: Looks like a labradore and is famous for the biggest 'balling my eyes out after a Grand Final lose'. The papers screamed "Cryin' Ryan". I'd be upset if I played in a team a few million over the salary cap and got sat on my arse on the 1st Sunday in October. He's a good player and not overly known for being a grub like his former team mates. Would I have him at St. George?? At a pinch, if Ben Creagh was ever kidnapped or fell down a very deep mine shaft he could prove handy. He is the pick of the 3.

You have to understand, most Storm fans are misfits from society, the general public has rejected them and they cling to the Storm like a barnacle on a boat. Their general knowledge of league is quite restricted, they were gifted Premierships, then had them stripped. Their scoreboard indicates what a penalty was blown for - we love that:lol:. So take this worldly advice into consideration when the 5 or 6 posters come in to give you their 'opinion'.

How do you think Wigan will get on this season?? What is your tip for the Top 3?? Have a good one mate. I'm sure my info will help:cool:

Big Norm

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And now the piss poor comedy act has had it's run, we'll be legitmate now.

Lima is a good consistent prop, Will give you the same solid reliable performance every week. Hard to stop.

Finch: Can play at 6 or 7, has a pretty good and reliable kicking game. Playmahing wise, he's limited as to how much he can do, but the few things he does do are quite good. Good short passing game. If you have a halfback who is a good playmaker, he will make a very good five-eighth. If you rely on Finch as your playmaker, you may struggle to do much damage out wide.

Hoffman: Personally I think he's a bit over-rated. He doesn't seem to show to me that he is any better or worse than the majority of the competition. He's a solid player in attack and defence, however an Origin match in 2008 where he got belted all game by little Karmichael Hunt showed that he's just not that hard to tackle, meaning he will be lacking in toughness and I dare say he will struggle in England.

Spot on Mad...good summary of all three players plus BNP who follows the Storm with passion.

Hoffman is overated...often guilty of pushing stupid passes or dropping easy ones.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Norm, laughing at your own 'joke' doesn't mean it's funny.

Just go and have a little lie down buddy, I think you overheated your poor widdle head again.

Noa

First Grade
Spot on Mad...good summary of all three players plus BNP who follows the Storm with passion.

Hoffman is overated...often guilty of pushing stupid passes or dropping easy ones.

That was 5 years ago Kia, now he's just a black-hole who NEVER passes the ball.

*begin rant*

Why the f**k is it most back-rowers cant grasp the simple, but effective, concept of passing before the line anymore. They nearly always want to try to break the line, or at least take the tackle and try to slip an offload which means that invariably, any half chance for the center is gone

Hoffman is the worst offender, and as madunit said he is weak, which means he cant even break tackles to get the ball away, which has meant for the last 2 years all he has done is get in Gregs way.

*end rant*

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Norm, laughing at your own 'joke' doesn't mean it's funny.

Just go and have a little lie down buddy, I think you overheated your poor widdle head again.

Geez, it's like I'm the first ever troll to laugh at his own work:sarcasm::D. Forget the little lie down, I've got the day off, I had a huge one:D

Keep flying the purple flag flying , unit!!

Big Norm

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Geez, it's like I'm the first ever troll to laugh at his own work:sarcasm::D. Forget the little lie down, I've got the day off, I had a huge one:D

Big Norm
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

troll

Juniors
No one really knows how good they are.
They have been made to look good in a illegally stacked, loaded and cheating team from the South of the border. Without that they will probably be nothing just like Finch was before he went there!

Big Norm

Yawn...pretty sad really that you are infatuated with Storm.

Keep on trolling...

That was 5 years ago Kia, now he's just a black-hole who NEVER passes the ball.

*begin rant*

Why the f**k is it most back-rowers cant grasp the simple, but effective, concept of passing before the line anymore. They nearly always want to try to break the line, or at least take the tackle and try to slip an offload which means that invariably, any half chance for the center is gone

Hoffman is the worst offender, and as madunit said he is weak, which means he cant even break tackles to get the ball away, which has meant for the last 2 years all he has done is get in Gregs way.

*end rant*

Agree...IMO a lot of back rowers just want to be known as the razzle dazzle of the forwards...get one or two miracle passes to stick and dine out on it for the rest of the season, pretty much like Mateo from Eels.

MsStorm

Bench
Apart from my trolling, nothing else happens in here!!

Big Norm

Obviously, Storm supporters left in droves after that nuffie Gallop handed out those penalties and I don't blame them one bit. People were grieving and have cracked it because of the abuse we fans still keep getting both on LU/other rugby league forums and away games.

You have to be very thick-skinned just to pop your head in on LU.
I know plenty who don't even bother reading this forum anymore, never mind posting anything.

Noa

First Grade
Obviously, Storm supporters left in droves after that nuffie Gallop handed out those penalties and I don't blame them one bit. People were grieving and have cracked it because of the abuse we fans still keep getting both on LU/other rugby league forums and away games.

You have to be very thick-skinned just to pop your head in on LU.
I know plenty who don't even bother reading this forum anymore, never mind posting anything.

Theyll be back Msthang when were back on top :D.

Latest posts