What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good are the reds?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
They didnt lose to a team with a crap 5/8 and scrum... they lost to a team with a flaky 5/8 a crap scrum and a patheticly blind ref.

You mean like the two forward passes the Saders threw in the 74-75 min that went unseen? LOL @ Saders

shiznit

Coach
:lol:

while i admit the Reds have done far better than i expected them to...

it doesn't change the fact they have an advantage by getting to play the likes of the force & rebels twice.

as for amaze the rugby world... :lol:

the Reds havent done anything that the Blues, Crusaders, Brumbies or Bulls haven't done previously...

The Crusaders on the other hand... if they win... without playing at home... that would be amazing...

hellteam

First Grade
Just shut up aye..they've beaten the blues twice, crusaders, stormers, bulls,waratahs, chiefs. What more do you want you idiot

shiznit

Coach
who the f**k are you nimrod??

how about you crawl back into Lebron's arsehole...

ive given the Reds there props... theve done far better than i thought they would.

but its pretty tough to rate them when they have a favorable draw.

this season overseas sides have played 20 games in NZ... they have won only 5 in 20 times. it has been by far the hardest country to win in this season...

and the reds only had 2 games in NZ... and they were against NZ's worst 2 sides the Cane's & Chiefs.... and they were beaten by the Canes...

you cant f**king tell me that they haven't had an easier ride than most of the other sides in this competition...

Thomas

First Grade
who the f**k are you nimrod??

how about you crawl back into Lebron's arsehole...

ive given the Reds there props... theve done far better than i thought they would.

but its pretty tough to rate them when they have a favorable draw.

this season overseas sides have played 20 games in NZ... they have won only 5 in 20 times. it has been by far the hardest country to win in this season...

and the reds only had 2 games in NZ... and they were against NZ's worst 2 sides the Cane's & Chiefs.... and they were beaten by the Canes...

you cant f**king tell me that they haven't had an easier ride than most of the other sides in this competition...

They did have a good draw...but that's just down to luck. I think the fact that the Reds lost twice to Australian teams and once to a foreign team points out that they actually had a hard conference.

They beat every South African side they played (two wins in the republic...even the Crusaders didn't do that). They beat every NZ side they played except for a game gifted to the Hurricanes by an inept ref.

They have had a grand season but will need to do well to beat the Crusaders.

There was some analysis on another site that shows the NZ conference was actually easier than the Australian one...based on bonus points gained etc.

shiznit

Coach
They did have a good draw...but that's just down to luck. I think the fact that the Reds lost twice to Australian teams and once to a foreign team points out that they actually had a hard conference.

hey.... im not hating on the reds for getting that draw... they can only beat who's in front of them. they have... and the deserve to be where they are.

They beat every South African side they played (two wins in the republic...even the Crusaders didn't do that).
im pretty sure the Crusaders have beaten the Stormers twice at home this season...

They beat every NZ side they played except for a game gifted to the Hurricanes by an inept ref.

:lol: wow... complaining about the 'inept ref' in the Hurricanes game. yet theres no mention at all of Stu Dickheadson handing them the win against the Crusaders... :roll:

There was some analysis on another site that shows the NZ conference was actually easier than the Australian one...based on bonus points gained etc.

:lol: i would LOVE to see someone try and explain that...

youd have an easier time proving time travel was possible than showing that...

hellteam

First Grade
You can talk about easy draws all day, it's not going to be any consolation if the Reds win the final.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
This conference thing is crap for post season honours.

May have improved crowds and ratings but it does blemish the very heart of the competition. That said; Quade was on fire on Saturday. Any team with a pivot that is encouraged to play expansively is great for yawnion. The Juan's, Quade's and Carlos's are too few and far between.

hellteam

First Grade
hey.... im not hating on the reds for getting that draw... they can only beat who's in front of them. they have... and the deserve to be where they are.

im pretty sure the Crusaders have beaten the Stormers twice at home this season...

:lol: wow... complaining about the 'inept ref' in the Hurricanes game. yet theres no mention at all of Stu Dickheadson handing them the win against the Crusaders... :roll:

:lol: i would LOVE to see someone try and explain that...

youd have an easier time proving time travel was possible than showing that...

Just had a look at the stats this year for Aus vs NZ teams. New Zealand teams have won 11 matches, Australian teams 10 with one draw. Could be even after this weekend. This includes 10 home games for Aussie teams, and 11 home games for NZ teams. I guess you'll just ignore this though?

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Just had a look at the stats this year for Aus vs NZ teams. New Zealand teams have won 11 matches, Australian teams 10 with one draw. Could be even after this weekend. This includes 10 home games for Aussie teams, and 11 home games for NZ teams. I guess you'll just ignore this though?
:lol:... here we go... more denials...

your deadset deluded if you cant see that the Australian conference is the weakest which gives the reds an advantage.

heres an unbiased view from South Africa...

from:http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Oz-weakest-S15-conference-20110620

Oz weakest S15 conference
2011-06-20 12:14

Rob Houwing, Sport24 chief writer

Cape Town - The first completed season of pre-knockout activity in the restructured Super Rugby competition indicates that New Zealand ruled the conference-play roost in general terms, with South Africa not very far behind.

Although their rugby has been buoyed a fair bit by the commendable achievement of the Reds in topping the overall table after the ordinary season, the broader picture suggests Australia ended quite clearly the humblest of the trio of SANZAR partners in the competition.

Of course some critics may want to reserve judgment on where the truest balance of power lies until after the five-match finals series - the big showpiece itself takes place on July 9 – although there is also an argument for saying the new, gruelling conference phase is perhaps the best barometer of all, as “survival of the fittest” becomes a key factor in the run-in.

Based on conference play, the collective New Zealand challenge has been the most convincing, even if, ironically, the important home semi-final berths have gone the way of Aussie and South African sides instead.

The Crusaders were the best NZ finishers, in third overall, and must play an extra, sudden-death match against the Sharks in Nelson next weekend as a result.

But the truth is that they did exceptionally well considering their extraordinary circumstances this season of being disadvantaged by the Christchurch earthquake and playing home matches mostly at Trafalgar Park, hundreds of kilometres from their normal home, and their last one, against the Hurricanes, in their opponents’ Wellington stronghold instead.

Australians will take comfort in the fact that the six-team finals series sees an even split, with two representatives of each nation making the cut.

But deeper analysis suggests that the Aussies were notably the weakest in terms of conference depth: three of their five franchises (the Force, Brumbies and wooden-spoonists the Rebels) occupied the last four spots on the overall log.

Not too many weeks ago, an Australian writer suggested the South African conference was the least compelling of the lot: the fellow must have been smoking his socks at the time.

Perhaps the best thing you can say in his defence is that it has been mostly subsequent to his claim that SA sides have confirmed their superiority over Australian ones – the conference run-in has seen five wins on the trot by South Africans over Aussie opponents.

Our teams won 12 and lost seven of 19 meetings with Australian foes during ordinary season, whilst when it came to New Zealand encounters, South African sides won eight but lost 11.

Other statistical material also points to New Zealand supremacy overall: their conference earned a total haul of 248 points, and 40 wins. Right on their tails came the South African conference (243 points, and as many wins).

The slightly lopsided Australian conference – there was a 42-point gap between winners the Reds and the last-placed Rebels – saw a total harvest of only 217 points and 35 victories.

A further feather in New Zealand caps was all five of their teams ending in the top 10 overall, the Chiefs holding off the Cheetahs by a whisker for 10th spot itself.

The suggestion in World Cup year, then, with the All Blacks to enjoy host status, is that their domestic rugby remains in robust health and that their position at the top of the IRB Test rankings (93.19 points) is perhaps even more justified.

But they will also be only too aware that the South African game seems to be on the “up” once more, if conference play in Super Rugby is any yardstick, and that the Boks (currently third on 86.44 points) appear to be in a with a fair shout not only at recapturing the Tri-Nations title but also leapfrogging the Wallabies (87.45) back into second in the world.

shiznit

Coach
You can talk about easy draws all day, it's not going to be any consolation if the Reds win the final.
agree 100%.

its not the Reds fault... they can only beat whos infont of them.

the whole premise of this thread was that because of the weaker conference they were in i thought that the reds place on the table was inflated and that when they played the NZ sides they would get found out.

i certainly didnt think they would get this far... but they have. and all credit to them.

all im doing is pointing out how theve had an advantage being the strongest team in the weakest conference.

shiznit

Coach
well done the reds... deserved champions.

they certainly did far better than i thought they were capable of.

Latest posts