What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Good is Inglis!!!

LESStar58

Referee
sheet_ed said:
Here is a kid who Stacey Jones targets and decides to drop a couple of high ones on, and the kid doesn't even blink that he has the likes of Villisant and Beetham tearing down on him. He takes the bomb and then puts on a side step and a run.

For a kid of his age he is one of the best I have ever seen.

I am starting to believe that Billy should move to the centres to make way for him.

This kid is a freak...and we have him on contact.:D

The kids are looking good - I also think Cronk outplayed Orford last night - he looked dangerous with the ball and his kicking game kept the Worriers off balance. Orford may have scored the final try but it was the best thing he did all night.

I don't believe that we can crack it in 2005, my money is on St.George. But we are looking good for 2006.

Well put! I must admit I was holding my breath when Greg got put under the high ball but he just soared high and took it like it was nothing! I'm with your way of thinking about moving ingliss to fullback and Slater back to the centres in 06....at least Ingliss knows how to carry the ball back properly!

I'm starting to feel a lot more confident about Cronk stepping up into the #7 jersey next year as well!

elyod138

Bench
Inglis should be fullback, imo your team will be more potent with him backing up players, and the way he can float around, he can create overlaps.

shadow grinder

First Grade
elyod138 said:
Inglis should be fullback, imo your team will be more potent with him backing up players, and the way he can float around, he can create overlaps.

agian...

are you then saying that we would be less potent with slater at fullback and inglis at centre?

elyod138

Bench
Yes, thats what i said, i said it will be more potent with inglis at fullback meaning that wiht slater at fullback it won't be as potent. Inglis is a superior player and he should be involved as much as possible. Seeing him play at fullback for norths and chiming in whenever he wants in attack and totally ripping sides to threds is why i think this.

shadow grinder

First Grade
elyod138 said:
Yes, thats what i said, i said it will be more potent with inglis at fullback meaning that wiht slater at fullback it won't be as potent. Inglis is a superior player and he should be involved as much as possible. Seeing him play at fullback for norths and chiming in whenever he wants in attack and totally ripping sides to threds is why i think this.

slater has 19 tries in 1st grade this year...he has been ripping teams to shreads in first grade at fullback.

but thats just my opinion...ethier way its good...but ild just prefer to keep slater in the FB...

Surandy

Bench
shadow grinder said:
slater has 19 tries in 1st grade this year...he has been ripping teams to shreads in first grade at fullback.

but thats just my opinion...ethier way its good...but ild just prefer to keep slater in the FB...

Inglis got something like 12 tries from 7 games in the QRL and has scored 4 tries in 9 NRL matches (keeping in mind that for some of these games he's had as little as 10 minutes on the park).

shadow grinder

First Grade
Surandy said:
Inglis got something like 12 tries from 7 games in the QRL and has scored 4 tries in 9 NRL matches (keeping in mind that for some of these games he's had as little as 10 minutes on the park).

im fully aware of how many ties he has scored. But slater also ripped everyone apart in QLd cup.....inglis is a good player...but i cannot see how chaning positions makes the team more potent when slater has been scroing 15+ tries every year he has played first grade(or whatever it is)....thats pretty potent.

elyod138 said:

Playing at Norths is not the same as playing NRL for Storm....Inglis has a fair way to go before lodging Billy from his spot.

:cool:

The_Savage_1

Juniors
its ok for fullbacks to be small, not centres, therefore billy FB, inglis C... plus billy seems much better at following the ball in attack. inglis doesnt seem to pop up for those offloads from the forwards etc, mind you he just about scores every time he touches the damn ball.

shadow grinder

First Grade
yeah and slater likes to kick the ball...when he is close to teh line he drifts across and puts in a chip..if he was at centre he would have the ball more and we would see more kicks.....and thats not good.

He'll just have to be paitient and wait for next year to be a permenent fixture for us.

He still has a part to play this year but.

MONY

Juniors
its ok for fullbacks to be small, not centres

what about shaun berrigan!

You cant move billy to the centres when his best ability is to sniff around for the final pass from someone ie hill,orford, hoffman etc

bula_stormer

Juniors
Billy's accells alot quicker so would be better as the support player when bursting through those gaps, Inglis has a super fend and better ability to beat players 1 on 1 and would probably have a similar effect as King close to the tryline. Inglis at centre and Billy at Fullback.

simostorm

Bench
Inglis will play centre without a doubt.
Billy's competition for fullback will come from Steve Turner next year.

Latest posts