What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good is Minichiello?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Boy has this bloke come on this year. Last year he was a freak, this year he has stepped up to become one of the top 2/3 players in the game.

2004 Dally M FB of the Year
Harry Sutherland Medal Winner for the best player on the Kangaroo tour
Wally Lewis Medallist for the best player in Origin

I reckon that when you consider the form he's showed in this series compared to Lockyer, Mini is currently the 2nd best player in the world atm IMO.

And he'll go down as NSW greatest ever FB in the coming years and one of the all-time great FB's. Just think to yoursleves, how good was Locky at about 25?

Go Mini!

brooksy19

Bench
since when do you get the churchill for best player on a roo tour? Willie Mason deservedly won that that for best player on grand final day..

Mini < Hodgson.

Eddie.

Bench
Hodgson is a great player, and unlike Minichello can ball play and kick, and play a 5/8 role.

However, full credit to Chello, he is a real powerhouse for the aussies and the Blues, full of running and full of heart. he suits that football and therefore he is the number 1 fullback in the game.

fillapop

Juniors
yea i agree with everything that Tommy Smith said (except bout its the Harry Sutherland medal) best thread i have ever read nice work

Johns Magic

Referee
Mini's simply a freak. If he could become safer under the high ball then he would be even better, but NSW will take him either way.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Actually Johns_Magic, i havent seen him drop a bomb in ages.

Sure he didnt contest one tonight, but he hasnt dropped one in his Origin career or dropped one at club elvel for what seems like ages.

Solid as a rock in that department 99/100.

Infact he really has come on in leaps and bounds as a defensive FB. How good has his positional play been in this series?! Incredible...always there for the grubber kick.

OVP

Coach
brooksy19 said:
Mini has a big nose.

and you're quite obviously just plain stupid if u think Hodgson the ragdoll is better than Minichiello.

Johns Magic

Referee
Tommy Smith said:
Actually Johns_Magic, i havent seen him drop a bomb in ages.

Sure he didnt contest one tonight, but he hasnt dropped one in his Origin career or dropped one at club elvel for what seems like ages.

Solid as a rock in that department 99/100.

Infact he really has come on in leaps and bounds as a defensive FB. How good has his positional play been in this series?! Incredible...always there for the grubber kick.

If Mini was confident under the high ball he would hav attempted to defuse that bomb imo.

But let's not turn this into an argument or a Mini bashing thread, this thread is to praise him as a player, and doesn't he deserve it!

brooksy19

Bench
OVP said:
and you're quite obviously just plain stupid if u think Hodgson the ragdoll is better than Minichiello.

im kidding, ive got nothing mini was outstanding tonight...my only concern is his snozzer.

fillapop

Juniors
yea im suprised he let that bounce he usualy would have caught that no worries, must of been confusion between him and king/tahu

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Minichiello is absolutely outstanding. Always steps up for the big games.

In saying that, Hodgson isn't far behind him. Why the f**k does everyone bring up the rag doll thing? He get's absolutely belted every week, yet has played 1 bad game in 2 years and is ALWAYS amongst the best week in week out. His goalkicking is superb and his attacking play is very simular to a five-eighth.

I have no doubts that if Minichiello was to get injured or be unavailable, Hodgson would be an automatic second choice. And rightly so.