What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW GOOD WAS THAT!?!?!?!

woodgers

Bench
i think next time i should stay in the crowd instead of going over to the Army - ive caused more damage than good...
Not correct buddy. You and your mate did o.k, I was just pumping you up so that you sing harder at the next game. You are definitely welcome with us, the more numbers the better.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
woodgers said:
i think next time i should stay in the crowd instead of going over to the Army - ive caused more damage than good...
Not correct buddy. You and your mate did o.k, I was just pumping you up so that you sing harder at the next game. You are definitely welcome with us, the more numbers the better.
Ok then. Sorry if ive damaged the Army's reputation by praising you guys up. By the way, my mate at the game is actually a Doggies fan who makes me sit with the terrifying Bulldogs Army at Doggies games, so i thought i'd return the favour to him last night - i think that's why you wouldnt hear a peep out of him. :lol:

woodgers

Bench
I would say he was confused at all the singing. Not much noise from the Dogs army these days i'm afraid.

greeneyed

First Grade
Woodgers.... I don't want you to walk away from forums or anything like that, due to my comments.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
By the way - on a tagboard, im having a convo with my penrith-supporting friend who was at the game last night, and was fairly close to the Army - this is what he had to say (he's "DanJ" by the way)

Crusader: How about Jason Croker being "held up" late in the game? that was a try...
Crusader: and in the opening mintues when Howland was sinbinned - shouldve been a penalty try..
Crusader: the bad calls went both ways Dan!
DanJ: Nope i wont take it cuz there where no fireworks
Crusader: um..ok. what did u think of the Raiders Army? were they loud enough for u to hear?
DanJ: 1 flag, could not here a thing and i was under 30 meters away
Crusader: ok. They were going nuts - loud as anything...
Crusader: at least from where i was
DanJ: where you sittin with them?
Crusader: Yep
DanJ: Cowboys cupple weeks ago had a smaller group and made more noise
Crusader: no way - go to the league unlimited forums and read some of the comments by Pantha fans
Crusader: quote from "caged panther" - "You guys were definitely loud on the hill last night...
Crusader: ...Gotta say that you are a credit to your club"
Crusader: whenever the Army was chanting, the Pantha fans were just staring at them in amazement because of all the noise...

At the start of the game, i was about 40m away from the Army, and heard u clear as anything - no noise from the Pantha fans at all. But, my friend Dan here reckons he didnt hear u at all which i find hard to believe...

woodgers

Bench
Woodgers.... I don't want you to walk away from forums or anything like that, due to my comments.
Not at all mate. I am just getting worked up over all sorts of posts lately which isn't really my nature. I won't leave all together, I still want to support the forums if for nothing else than the friends on here and also that Legend has been very good to us guys and I would like to return the favour, however small.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Let's just leave all this crap in the past. Greeneyed, I think Raider Crusdaer phrased what he meant to say a little wrong. I'm sure he didn't mean to offend, you, or anyone else. We're all Raiders fans, and that's what is most important. Crusader, I better see you at Bruce for the Sharks game, if not, there will be trouble!

Timbo

Staff member
woodgers said:
Perhaps I was too harsh with some of my earlier comments so I apoligise to Timbo and anyone else I offended.

I just get frustrated. Myself and Bay72 especially seem to get worked up about things that others don't really care about. I guess that we have worked so damn hard to get the support the players need and appreciate and have set goals that may take us longer than expected. I think we are frustrated.

One thing is though that there are people who change schedules and commitments to get to games and get behind the team no matter the distance. I find myself getting annoyed that people are like "Yes, we won" from behind a computer screen every week when I come home from every match with no voice, sweaty shirt from cheering so hard and wallet that is significantly lighter. I know some live up north or overseas but when I give up a weekend to go to Sydney for few Sydney fans to front is disappointing. To stand on various hills in the league with few fans with us can often be dangerous and slightly scary.

In summary this thread has made me reflect on a few things. One is that my tactic of hassling people to go to games is more likely to drive them away and doesn't help the cause at all.

Secondly, I have found the past few months that I am increasingly frustrated while on these forums, sometimes at opposition fans, sometimes Raiders fans. I think I will step away from these boards for a while and cool off a bit. I am sure that I will get to catch up with quite a lot of you at various games during the year.

You guys were definitely loud on the hill last night. Gotta say that you are a credit to your club.

Bay, more proof of how much we have come along in 2 years work. We will get better in time and stamp our mark even more. If anyone reading this wants to be a part of the singing and chanting at games, you know where to find us.

Cheers guys.......WE ARE THE

Woodgers, I'm sorry, I overreacted. I know you didn't mean your comments in the way I took them. I just get very frustrated as if I had my way, I'd be there every week, but I have neither the means nor the time to do so...So comments like that, which are harmless enough, set me off.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Let's put all the differences behind us, and have everyone put a big effor into the game on Sunday in fron of the channel 9 cameras.

Boing Boing

Juniors
This sunday we have the opportuity to gain more coverage than ever before. we need a huge showing and all the flags we can get. This is our opportunity to get the name "Raiders Army" out there.

sydraider

First Grade
This sunday we have the opportuity to gain more coverage than ever before. we need a huge showing and all the flags we can get. This is our opportunity to get the name "Raiders Army" out there.

Another week I cant make it :cry:

I have had so many commitments over the last month and all seem to be on game day :evil:
Still I cant deny Family and close friends I have known all my life.

I will be at the tigers game in campbelltown and Im warning you guys it will be weeks of pent up aggression for not being able to get to games.
Hope you are all ready for the return of syd! :lol:

P.S Tonio, I think "Oh Canberra' Is a great chant :clap:

thickos

First Grade
Damn this thread wasn't what I expected when I opened it up this morning.

As has been said, people support the Raiders in different ways. No one questions the loyalty, we're all upset after losses and jubilant after wins. I'm as happy as larry this morning at work in my Raiders shirt giving it to everyone 8)

I won't be at the Sharkies next week but I try to make it to as many games as I can. Plus keeping the SGB Online site going, organising stuff for the Crusade, shelling out a couple of hundred of my own hard-earned for the Player of the Year trophy (which the club said they would re-imburse, yeah right)... commitment is a different thing for different people.

Full credit to everyone who makes the Canberra round trip every weekend (an expensive task) but credit to people who arrive when gates open and watch every grade. I respect anyone in a Canberra jersey, and anyone who supports the team as much as they can - something everyone in here does well. Not to mention the thousands of others who don't know about the forum, but bleed as much green as the rest of us.

choc_soldier

Coach
jed said:
parra_panther said:
You guys were definitely loud on the hill last night. Gotta say that you are a credit to your club. I walked past a few times to see if Jed was there, so I could catch up with him... was he there or somewhere else?

I was sitting down at the other end of the ground when you walked in - you looked up at me a few times but didn't come up, I guessed we'd catch up after the game as planned. Of course, I've shaved off the beard now, so you might not have recognised me.

:lol:

That's it. I saw someone that vaguely looked like you.

greeneyed

First Grade
Thickos.... I would be more than happy to contribute to the cost of the Fans' Choice Trophy. Just let me know.

thickos

First Grade
It's ok GE, thanks for the offer.... it was such a long time ago when I organised the purchase that not having the money doesn't bother me anymore. Not a huge amount, I was just dirty the club promised a reimbursement but then it didnt happen.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
I was shocked at the result. Fell asleep listening to it when penrith were leading 4-0, wake up at 18- zip, go on the field and ref, come off and the Raiders have knocked 'em off 26-18! :shock: I heard 26-18 and first thought, well, at least they got some respectabiulity from the scoreline, when realised that it was the Raiders who were the 26 I was dumbfounded. Excellent comeback for sure.

Latest posts