What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good was that?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
28-12
We were never going to lose.

Just got back from Jubilee a couple hours ago... ... it was long couple of days... flight delays, shitty weather... but it didnt matter.

While I was there, it was an amazing feeling - so many people having a beaut time. The rain clouds even parted as the 15 greats formed a guard of honour for the new generation as they thundered onto the field.

Great seats, great company... Cheers and gratitude to Tony for the effort. :)

It was a tremendous.

-----------------------------
To talk about the game, click HERE - "The Front Row forums"

My started with a few drinks at mates place then pub crawl to Oki Jubilee Stadium

With the price of alcohol we thought we'd have a break in the main game and just drink when got back to club

Fortunately being located in the top Grandstand with private boxes to the side and behind free alcohol was passed down the line all day :)

We killed the scum then went back to the club to celebrate

It was the biggest and best day of the year and only one thing can top Sunday 4th May 2003 St.George Illawarra's return to Kogarah's Jubilee Stadium and that is a Premiership

Glad you had a good time Willow!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks Benny.I ended up scrounging beaut seating under cover in one of the the player's family areas. Got to say g'day to the club's best half back (sorry, I don't mean Firmo).

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't think Dasher willmind me re-producing this:

fetch.dll

I'm in that photo, Willow ! Just to the left of the OKI sign, there's a really tall looking person (its actualy a couple on bread crates - I'm in front of them (they had to use the crates...):D
Great possie, next to the food and beer and thew toilets behind, a view over the east when opponents kick for goal, ah:)
Fab day, watching the team win well, even the second with the disruptions and emotional energy draining them, they still played OK.
looking forward now to the Bronks at Kogs !
Good to see you down here, Willow.
cheers
Goz

imported_R2K

Juniors
That was the best rugby league moment since 19/9/1999. Winning the premiership this year couldn't feel too much better than that. Bloody sensational - R2KGlory Day!

Willow, I told you that we would win and that the weather would clear up

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow, I told you that we would win and that the weather would clear up
LMAO... you're not getting away with that...

Fellow forrummers... I'm here to tell you that Clan McLean (aka R2K) was an absolute mess the night before... On match day he was ropeable when it was discovered that the drinks tent didnt have any scotch...

Remember, it was 'when' we win... not 'if' we win. ;)
------------------------------

Good onya Goz.. we were wondering who was holding up that OKI sign.

-----------------------------
To talk about the game, click HERE - "The Front Row forums"

It was one of the best days I've ever had a football game - congratulations to everyone who put in the hard work for the return.

Willow - I went to find you at half time, but your seats were empty at the time. I hope I was looking in the right place ! - was it 4th row back in the NW corner.

Sorry I missed you, hopefully another opportunity will arise.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry about that Noodles. I didn't stay in the same spot all afternoon... I've never been able to get used to this notion of reserved seating and given the ultra-friendly atmosphere, I couldnt help but wander about.

I did 'settle' into an area under the grandstand for a while after scrounging a great seat with some other fellow forummers.

Next time, swapping mobile numbers seems the go.
emphone.gif
:)

imported_Tonyp

Juniors
It was one of the best days of my life.
had to choke back a few tears when the legends came on. Also caught up with some people I hadn't seen in years and as Willow alluded to, the weather was almost a religious experience.
As for the hospitality, Willow, you're welcome anytime.
Good conversation, didn't drink all the beer, and didn't hassle the cat. You are the perfect house guest.

D

dasher

it had been a long few days for the people involved in making sunday happen, but seeing the amount of joy and passion on the faces of the dragon supporters from near and far was well worth the effort!

the last 6 months of my life have been spent trying to raise money to rebuild jubilee and now i remember why i was so keen to sign on back then. Jubilee is the place where dragons fans have always felt at home, and most visits to the ground expect a win. we definately had a win on sunday, and not only on the field.

as willow alluded to i have a few pictures that have been posted on the JOCA website http://www.kogarahlife.com/the_return.htm
feel free to check them out. The original digital images of these files are much bigger and should anyone want them let me know and i can see what i can do about getting them forwarded on.

You still can't wipe the smile off my dial, but the job is not yet over. More money is still needed for the completion of the rebuild, and the construction of the legends walk. It is not too late to still get involved...

hope others had the same experience that i did, as i wont be forgetting that day in a long long time!

dasher

Latest posts