What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack de Belin

Rod Coil

Juniors
The Couchmen are too good to be playing reggies. I know the talk of this forum as of late has been that stats don't tell the whole story. While true, the stats they put up yesterday are absolutely crazy given the minutes they both played.

Toby - 54 min - 15 runs for 208m, 88pcm, 4 tackle breaks. 39 tackles 0 misses
Ryan - 59 min - 16 runs for 176m, 83pcm, 5 tackle breaks. 48 tackles for 2 misses. Did make a few errors and give away a few penalties, but come on. Him and his brother's performances were incredible.
This x100.
The Couchman’s were one of the few bright spots last year in a very bleak season.
They need to ‘score the runs in Reserve grade’ & force their way into the first grade rotation. Very important not only for this season but the next few after that. They are our future in the forwards.

since77

Juniors
The Couchmen are too good to be playing reggies. I know the talk of this forum as of late has been that stats don't tell the whole story. While true, the stats they put up yesterday are absolutely crazy given the minutes they both played.

Toby - 54 min - 15 runs for 208m, 88pcm, 4 tackle breaks. 39 tackles 0 misses
Ryan - 59 min - 16 runs for 176m, 83pcm, 5 tackle breaks. 48 tackles for 2 misses. Did make a few errors and give away a few penalties, but come on. Him and his brother's performances were incredible.
Hey man. Let me get this straight. Are you saying that those excellent stats should earn them a spot in the first grade 17 over the slow motion and ineffective lump of steaming turds called Blake Lawrie......??????

enoughs enough.

Juniors
I think that the amount of work that JDB has to put in because we don't have a couple of better props who can dictate the middle has been great. Just imagine how he would be if we did have those stronger, more resilient, tough props to support him. Wow!!
Nail on the head stuff there DD.
He's been doing this for years.
I hope he goes to another club, it will refresh him no end.

Dragon David

First Grade
Nail on the head stuff there DD.
He's been doing this for years.
I hope he goes to another club, it will refresh him no end.
Welcome to the Forum enoughs enough. Thanks for your input. If JDB does go to another club, let's hope that he joins one that has those middle forwards we lack and see how he will shine.

enoughs enough.

Juniors
Welcome to the Forum enoughs enough. Thanks for your input. If JDB does go to another club, let's hope that he joins one that has those middle forwards we lack and see how he will shine.
Thanks for the welcome Dragon David.
One can only hope he remains a 1 club stalwart. He deserves it and so does the club.

And while I'm at it. Just on club loyalty and junior and country development. A big array of topics I know. But administrators have long forgotten these important areas of the game, and the tail has been long lagging.

The NRL needs to remunerate clubs accordingly for players like Bomber, so he can stay (as he probably wants to!!) with monetary support/subsidies provided by the League.

Dragon David

First Grade
One can only hope he remains a 1 club stalwart. He deserves it and so does the club.

And while I'm at it. Just on club loyalty and junior and country development. A big array of topics I know. But administrators have long forgotten these important areas of the game, and the tail has been long lagging.

The NRL needs to remunerate clubs accordingly for players like Bomber, so he can stay (as he probably wants to!!) with monetary support/subsidies provided by the League.
You are welcome enoughs enough. I am sure that there are many on this Forum who have a lot to say about club loyalty and junior and country development. Cheers DD

justadragon

Bench

Welome EE, and mate that will never happen with DeBelin, the NRL basically hate him not to mention the refs, so no chance in that area, but I agree with you.

enoughs enough.

Juniors
Welome EE, and mate that will never happen with DeBelin, the NRL basically hate him not to mention the refs, so no chance in that area, but I agree with you.
Interesting thoughts justa..

Well ref's eh and standard of reffing, another reproachful topic me thinks.
- why are the gang in the middle with pees, so above and beyond public scrutiny and review (which includes that of clubland).

That arrogant, "beyond criticism" reality, leads to very arrogant one-sided officiating, which the dragons always seem to cop the brunt of, among other lower ranked positioned clubs.

If I'm a modern day ref in the middle, I'm giving the majority of "in the grey area" decisions to the underdog. And there are many in that area, ruck speed, tackle hold downs/ons, foward passes, etc etc...

Jack is just about the only player in the team who has never let us down and contributed towards a loss.

I am fine with losing him if we have another 3 younger forwards lined up but that’s a ridiculous thought.

The timing is odd. I’m struggling to work out what our team is for next year.

I believe he has an offer of $400k, which sounds about right. UK might offer him more, or might not. He is currently on $750k and clearly due a haircut on that at 34
Fair call by the club then. If his conscience gets the better of him he will stay at a low rate and pay us back somewhat for that absence of his. Will be another void to fill if he goes. I definitely think there will be interest from NRL teams in and around the 450 mark though. He seems to be a popular player amongst the group so that works in our favour.

Heard or read (Can't remember where) that JDB has not yet received a formal offer from the Dragons, though there was some agreement regarding when they would negotiate.

I am guessing that the date is approaching and JDB manager now testing his value ESL as leverage. Same way he did with Warriors after the stand down period

Hoping we will see Jack for one more year.

BLM01

First Grade
Heard or read (Can't remember where) that JDB has not yet received a formal offer from the Dragons, though there was some agreement regarding when they would negotiate.

I am guessing that the date is approaching and JDB manager now testing his value ESL as leverage. Same way he did with Warriors after the stand down period

Hoping we will see Jack for one more year.
He has been made an offer reportedly around 400
He is testing his worth and ESL would be a good option to get better money

At what point does the NRL have to step in if a club has all this free cap and no players?
If we are just going to fill our cap/squad with young up and comers why aren't some of them already playing in firsts? It's May, yes, but doesn't hasn't stopped other clubs.
A good, old fashioned schmazle.

enoughs enough.

Juniors
Well well well,
The bomber and his future is an apt discussion. This player has invested his life to this club; and his heart and every ounce of effort on the field, in a way very few could match.

He should (whether the reputed control freak coach comes to the fore is now unfortunately very unlikely) be offered an enticing contract for 3 years, and injury free, would eclipse hornbys record for most number of games in the famous red V.

Ps be on the watch for a Weidler article in this Sundays Sunherald. Makes for riveting reading.