What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How gutsy was that?

TheParraboy

Staff member
28000 fans baying for our blood

Our goaline defence time and time again

crap penalty try against us

Did we just watch our gutsiest win this century?

ioki

Juniors
sure did.. bring on the next lot!

a way above average defensive effort considering the number of ordinary tries we've leaked in the last 5, 6 games!!

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
I really enjoyed that game, not just because Parra were playing but it was final footy played at it's best. Congratulations must go to both teams. AND A BIG CHEER FOR THE MIGHTY EELS. Go Parra.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We will get a day extra break over the side we play next

CANT F...CKEN WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK

I DONT CARE WHERE OR WHO WE PLAY

ParraManiac

Juniors
not just gutsy but a mature and composed performance as well. That was REAL finals football...... we can go on with this!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Phil Gould mentioned that if Parra was to win, it comes down to that DEFENSE.

I agree, we really toughed it out even though they scored first, we were still in it, we defended well, but how long could it last.

When we somehow managed to hold Logan Swann, I just knew something might turn it around. Eric Grothe, Brett Finch and Nathan Cayless should get a pat on the back for that.

Thats probably one of the best wins we've had.

Fantastic, proud of the boys. Lets hope we back it up. :D

Bazal

Post Whore
Great performance...it was a high intensity, grubby match played between two sides looking to belt each other out of the running. The kind of game no one said we could win...That goal line defence was awesome, and it's a good sign to win a match on our defence again, it built character really well heading into a tough finals series. The backs were a bot wobbly but the were really targetted, Grothe, Hayne and Inu got smashed to piecesall night and still stood up especially in defence. Benny was brave as hell defending four or five sets in a row on one leg

redeel

Juniors
a solid performance with room for improvment.pj had a blinder towards the end, a great kick.this is how finch should be shaping up, attack the line and kick.

I'm proud to be a Eels fan tonight, that was outstanding gutsy footy, the experts all said they we can play that type of footy ( and results during the season looked that way), but Hagan has theis team peaking at the right time for mine, they hit some good form last week against a side carrying a lot of injuries and tonight the Warriors threw everything at us tonight and we held them, to the Warriors credit they were just as good, just we got a bit luckier in the end.

Well done Boys have a ice bath and rest those tried bodys for next week.

That was great, will do the world of confidence for the boys. Mick Hagan needs to be praised also, those who doubt him and think that Johns coached Newy can shut there trap for a while. His calmness is rubbing on the players and results are being produced. He has us building up perfectly. Thi is ours for the taking.

strider

Post Whore
bloody brilliant .... everyone went to town saying last week was a waste, not ready for real finals footy ..... we put that crap to sleep

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
bloody brilliant .... everyone went to town saying last week was a waste, not ready for real finals footy ..... we put that crap to sleep

though it took us 50 minutes to get it out of our system :lol:

Latest posts