What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How I loath Rebecca Wilson

ucantseeme

Juniors
I know there have been 1000 threads about her already but here is thread 1001.

Her "opinion piece" in today's Telegraph was on 2005 sporting highlights where she basically gave kind mentions to the Socceroos then made love to the Swans and AFL for the rest of the page. No mention whatsoever of the Wests Tigers historic fairytale premiership win then to top it off she starts to rip into the Kangaroos players for returning home in "jeans & thongs" which they did not.

I watched the footage of the Kangaroos returning home and they were all dressed in suits with the ARL logo crest on the jacket. Then she infers that the ARL needs to be more like AFL & soccer and needs to "get their house in order" because they have not conducted any inquiry into why the Roos lost and whether Bennett should keep his job.

I know she justifies her lies by saying that they are opinion pieces and not news reports but fair dinkum she should be sacked. I know I shouldnt read her drivel in the first place but I thought if she were reviewing 2005 sporting highlights there would be some Wests Tigers content. Wrong!

I cant believe they made her a panelist on the NRL Footy Show this year when it is so obvious she hates RL.

PJ

First Grade
She won't be sacked, Daddy has too many friends high up in News.

Stop buying their papers and write a letter saying why.

Brutus

Referee
Nepotism at its best with her.

It just proves that any pea-brained gimp can write for a big paper. As the old saying goes, 'it's who you know, not what you know'.
I can't believe you bought that sh*t today Moffo. She's the reason I stay well clear of the weekend telegraphs.

choc_soldier

Coach
We lost a series for the FIRST TIME in 25 odd years. Why the f*** do we need an inquiry - it was a great run that had to end eventually, and on the day, the Kiwis were just better than us. That's sport.

Ms. Wilson is as useful as a tit on a bull. I stopped reading any of her shyte ages ago. And the pic of her in the Saturday Telucrap is enough to scare the kiddies.

innsaneink

Referee
Some players did return in jeans & thongs, though I'd have thought comfortable, casual loose, clothing was sensible for a flight across the globe.

Moffo

Referee
exactly, the silly tart has probably never even been to england so she'd have no idea how uncomfortable the flight actually is

gunnamatta bay

Referee
innsaneink said:
Some players did return in jeans & thongs, though I'd have thought comfortable, casual loose, clothing was sensible for a flight across the globe.

Exactly. Who wants to fly 24 hours (at least) in a suit?

Can't agree with the ARL simply saying Bennett still has the job if he wants it. There should be an inquiry to see what went wrong.

Acka

Coach
ucantseeme said:
I know there have been 1000 threads about her already but here is thread 1001.

Her "opinion piece" in today's Telegraph was on 2005 sporting highlights where she basically gave kind mentions to the Socceroos then made love to the Swans and AFL for the rest of the page. No mention whatsoever of the Wests Tigers historic fairytale premiership win then to top it off she starts to rip into the Kangaroos players for returning home in "jeans & thongs" which they did not.
I watched the footage of the Kangaroos returning home and they were all dressed in suits with the ARL logo crest on the jacket. Then she infers that the ARL needs to be more like AFL & soccer and needs to "get their house in order" because they have not conducted any inquiry into why the Roos lost and whether Bennett should keep his job.

I know she justifies her lies by saying that they are opinion pieces and not news reports but fair dinkum she should be sacked. I know I shouldnt read her drivel in the first place but I thought if she were reviewing 2005 sporting highlights there would be some Wests Tigers content. Wrong!

I cant believe they made her a panelist on the NRL Footy Show this year when it is so obvious she hates RL.

The way she carries on with he rumour mongering she is just as bad as that dude from channel 9 Danny D**khead Weidler

griff

Bench
innsaneink said:
The Wallabies, Australian cricket team, Olympic team etc can all do it. Ever thought they travel in comfortable clothes then put on the blazer and tie half an hour before they land?

The Kangaroos looked terrible, it was a really unprofessional look when they are representing Australia and representing Rugby League. When you represent your school in sport you have to wear a uniform and if you are representing Australia it shouldn't be beyong you to wear the uniform and look like a professional team, not a bunch of nuffies sitting outside a shopping mall.

Aside from that, Rebecca Wilson is a turd.

ucantseeme

Juniors
I haven't seen any photos or news footage of the Kangaroos at the airport wearing anything other than their suits. Scott Prince and Craig Fitzgibbon were the main players featured and they were both dressed immaculately. The only shots I've seen of the players wearing street clothes is when they were boarding the team bus to the airport in the UK.

It sounds ridiculous talking about who wore what when but it is the off season.

innsaneink

Referee
I saw Gower, O'Meley and a couple others, cant recall in T-shirts on the news.
Griff does have a point though.
Surely they could all worn the official polo shirt.

And would they have broke camp in England, would they have all split up and gone every which-a- way, would bennett have scurried away like a skulking rat had they won the bloody thing?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Excellent point, Griff. The Kangaroos as a trademark is way down on it's stocks compared to where it should be. In this area, the Wallabies beat us hands down. If they can do it, so can League players. They are representing the code.

It's a good example of the ARL against the NRL. I'm impressed with the flood of NRL gear on sale this christmas. he clubs are really being pushed. BUt I year for the days where you would se kangaroos jumpers being worn everywhere - it's all Wallabies gear - and that's because it's affoirdable, and also promoted - not just available in the back rack at Peter Wynn's.

The ARL should carpet Wayne Bennet for his hiding from the press - especially when the players or staff didn't have the same exit routes. By supporting his actions, even after the media releases advising of the arrival details to the press, the ARL is admitting 2 things:

1) Wayne Bennet is untouchable

2) The ARL are not in control of the situation.

having said all that, I still fail to see the funny side of News Ltd's running of the whole drama. When I consider the following points, I worry greatly for the future:

1) News Ltd employ Rebecca Wilson, and turn a blind eye to her bagging of one of their major sports, and cash cows.

2) News Ltd employees dont have the same attitude toward Rugby Union - another code awash with Murdoch funds.

PJ

First Grade
So what if they were in jeans etc, isn't league meant to be the working mans game.

Great the wallabies all came back in ties and suits, they also came back losing all but 1 game.

greeneyed

First Grade
At least the Daily and Sunday Telegraph overall likes league and gives it good coverage and treats it as the Number 1 sport. The Sydney Morning Herald and Sun Herald give cover to union, soccer, AFL at ANY opportunity in preference to league. Wrap arounds abound for all of them, but hardly ever for league. The SMH is full of union and AFL garbage, with columnists like Fitzsimons hanging garbage over league constantly. Even Roy Masters does it, and he is supposed to be a "league" journalist.