What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How I loath Rebecca Wilson

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
sooperdooper said:
well he is a prop, he also does play for the dogs

He plays for the Bulldogs but is one player who has gone from strength to strength there but needs to get back on track.. Involved in a pub brawl before the Kangaroo tour with family members, pissed as a mute at Central Coast Leagues when there for a function and I admit he was coming back from injury, showed nothing for the Dogs in the last month of the season.. actually looked like a Powder puff..

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theage.com.au/news/tv--radio/vega-starts-slow-as-trioli-improves/2005/12/06/1133829575044.html

Vega starts slow as Trioli improves

December 6, 2005 - 12:58PM

Baby-boomer station Vega FM has failed to make a dent in the crucial breakfast, morning and drive slots in both Melbourne and Sydney, latest radio ratings show.

Virginia Trioli's presence as morning host on Sydney ABC local radio has brought some new listeners to the station.

Since the former Melbourne ABC drive-time host's appointment, the Sydney station's percentage has increased from 6.5 to 6.9 per cent since the last survey.

The ABC's Melbourne 774 drive program, with new host Lindy Burns, has held on to listeners since Trioli's departure, with an unchanged 10.8 per cent since the last round of results.

Burns' show was in third spot after Derryn Hinch (3AW) with 13.2 per cent and Fox FM's `Higgo' with 11.1 per cent.

Vega, the much-vaunted sister station to youth-oriented Nova, FM took 1.2 per cent of Melbourne's overall radio listenership between September 18 and November 26.

Its breakfast team of Shaun Micallef, Beverley O'Connor and Denise Scott snared 0.7 per cent and morning show presenter Wendy Harmer 1.4 per cent of the audience for their timeslots.

Tony Squires and Rebecca Wilson, who achieved success with ABC television show The Fat, attracted 1.1 per cent of the drive-time listeners.

The news was slightly better in Sydney, where Vega had 2.4, 2.1 and 1.6 per cent of the breakfast, morning and drive audiences respectively, and 1.9 per cent overall.

3AW took a clean sweep of the key ratings in Melbourne, only missing out on the top spots in the afternoons to Gold FM and in the evenings to Fox FM.

However, both women started in their new roles on October 24, half-way through the ratings period.

- theage.com.au

:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Imagine what the ratings would have been like if they didn't count all the people poor Webecca paid to listen... :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I believe the papers when they tell me Howard is ruining the country :D

Knightmare

Coach
aenima1 said:
anyone who actually takes anything in that paper seriously is a fool anyway.

You've got a point- other than who's running what country and the football scores.

wittyfan

Referee
Right, Rebecca has gone too far now! :x

How can she possibly describe the new calendar that features wholesome young men such as Michael Witt and Liam Fulton as being "tasteless"?????? And how can she possibly describe the managers of the players in the calendar as being "dodgy" for letting them take part, when all money raised is going to an excellent cause????

She has issues with rugby league players and needs help. If the Swans had done a calendar such as this, she would describe it as being "artistic" and "done with integrity".

I am angry. Very angry.

Albinomonkey

Juniors
i'm sick of her whinging about what people write in "other Sunday newspapers", every bloody week there's a little bit where she has a go at some "hack"... i don't give two flying sh*ts what's being written in some other paper or her little turf war of the week, she should tidy up her own backyard first ffs :x

ozzie

Bench
i believe her hint in today's paper that some club is over the salary cap this year and that it was't the Roosters. only gives her 14 chances, but north of the border would be quaking in terror..yeah good story Rebecca

innsaneink

Referee
ozzie said:
i believe her hint in today's paper that some club is over the salary cap this year and that it was't the Roosters. only gives her 14 chances, but north of the border would be quaking in terror..yeah good story Rebecca

She also said Brown would bring Saints a long overdue premiership next year.

:|

:whistle

](*,)

hrundi99

First Grade
parra_panther said:
I liked the Herald's sideswipe at Wilson today, referring to the said person as him / her.

:lol: :clap:

It's not about gender confusion, it's about who actually writes her articles...

wittyfan said:
Right, Rebecca has gone too far now! :x

How can she possibly describe the new calendar that features wholesome young men such as Michael Witt and Liam Fulton as being "tasteless"?????? And how can she possibly describe the managers of the players in the calendar as being "dodgy" for letting them take part, when all money raised is going to an excellent cause????

She has issues with rugby league players and needs help. If the Swans had done a calendar such as this, she would describe it as being "artistic" and "done with integrity".

I am angry. Very angry.

Handbags at 20 paces? ;-)

She /he's a stain on journalism. I stopped reading it's stuff ages ago and haven't bought the paper it works for since.

Knightmare

Coach
innsaneink said:
She also said Brown would bring Saints a long overdue premiership next year.

:|

:whistle

](*,)

She also said the Swans would go back to back :lol: . There was also a quote in bold "Sydney are no chance of winning the flag this year'- the experts south of the border in the pre-season." Well, when you haven't won f**K all for 70 odd years, you can kind of expect a team not to win in the upcoming season! She needs to get over her Phil Gould complex- I hope Gus writes another column and gives her a good roasting like he did to her and that clown Hadley earlier this year. How Rebecca Wilson manages to stay employed is completely beyond me.....

iggy plop

First Grade
Rebecca Rothfield.

They say she is hard-hitting but we all know she/he is just following the same agenda that Phil Rothfield started when he used to write the gossip column.

I certainly had a chuckle when I saw her referred to as Rebecca Rothfield in the Sun Herald today and that many club CEO's are fed up with her inability to check facts. The Sunday Telegraph couldn't care less if she checks her facts or not as long as she is following the agenda.

Rebecca Rothfield.

choc_soldier

Coach
hrundi99 said:
It's not about gender confusion, it's about who actually writes her articles...

Ohhh, right... I see your point. They did mention him in it too.

But still, I laughed out loud.