What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How I loath Rebecca Wilson

ali

Bench
Misty Bee said:
Excellent point, Griff. The Kangaroos as a trademark is way down on it's stocks compared to where it should be. In this area, the Wallabies beat us hands down. If they can do it, so can League players. They are representing the code.

It's a good example of the ARL against the NRL. I'm impressed with the flood of NRL gear on sale this christmas. he clubs are really being pushed. BUt I year for the days where you would se kangaroos jumpers being worn everywhere - it's all Wallabies gear - and that's because it's affoirdable, and also promoted - not just available in the back rack at Peter Wynn's.

I think Kangaroos stocks are on the up. I've seen far more Roos merchandise around this year than for most of my life time. Peter Wynn has been highly promoting Kangaroos merchandise during the Tri Nations. Even 2SM were giving away a Kangaroos jersey a day. Having said that, we are a long way off where I would like to see the Kangaroos brand sit.

For mine though, there wont be many Wallaby jerseys sold this Christmas. The bandwagoners will be getting Socceroos jerseys.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
innsaneink said:
I saw Gower, O'Meley and a couple others, cant recall in T-shirts on the news.
Griff does have a point though.
Surely they could all worn the official polo shirt.

Could have been worse. Gower could have had his pants around his ankles.. As to O'Meley, what else would you expect? He seems to have lost the plot again..

Booyah

Bench
Just don't read her crap.

I also see that the Tele snared Steve Mascord a few weeks ago. Hopefully he'll bring a bit of credibility back for League. He's one of the only decent sports journos out there.

Choppies

Coach
I wonder if any Swans players will be misbehaving at Railway stations in the future?

Wilson's credibility = 0

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
LOL. I can't use the words I want to describe Rebecca Wilson without having a massive libel suit on my ass :D

joondalup_giant

Staff member
at least u guys get mostly good coverage of league, the only time league ever makes head lines here is wen its about somethin negative on the way 2 work i listen 2 Nova and the sports reporter is a one eyed bloke Tim gossage and the only time ive ever heard him talk bout league was bout 2-3 weeks ago wen lance thompson was playin up

Henson

Juniors
i can't believe that the tele have stuck with the stupid bitch,who's her dad?
she's deadset evil that one,with that butter wouldn't melt in her mouth look.
when she was on the footy show she was useless,fatty should have knocked her out!!
i

taipan

Referee
She said she was appointed by the AFL as an ambassador for the code:lol: :oops: .That means her cred for commenting on rugby league is a big fat ZERO,not that she was reliable in the past.Her latest comment on the Swans being the most important moment in sport,is another syrupy bit of crap she comes up with.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
The Telecrap has really become a piece of sh*t this year, it went from just being anti-Dogs to completely anti-league.

madison

Juniors
A couple of months back Wilson wrote in the tele about a bulldogs framed jersey that was hanging in our airport (Coffs) and made a big hoopla over it. Needless to say it was removed. I know/have heard the thousands of stories and rumors about what happened in Coffs with the dogs, but really, a story on a dogs jersey? She really is a cutting edge journo [insert sarcasm here].

Henson

Juniors
Henson said:
i can't believe that the tele have stuck with the stupid bitch,who's her dad?
she's deadset evil that one,with that butter wouldn't melt in her mouth look.
when she was on the footy show she was useless,fatty should have knocked her out!!
i

hey folks censorship is alive and well here had half my post pulled...why???it was all true,rebecca must have fans or family here...BOO!!
icon13.gif

She can be hired for $3,500 - $5,000

http://www.ovations.com.au/bios/RebeccaWilson.shtml

Queensland's gift to the nation, Rebecca Wilson has spent the better part of her life playing, watching and talking sport. After serving a cadetship at the Courier Mail, Rebecca went onto cover the Brisbane Commonwealth Games, the Seoul Olympics and Rugby League.

In 1995 she took up the position of Super League Media Manager. She went onto join News Limited as General Manager of their Sydney Olympics Division and currently scribbles a few words on what is really happening in sport for the Sunday Telegraph. For 4 years on the Fat, Rebecca made her mark with her acerbic wit and her willingness to expose 'gibberers', as well as a passion and knowledge of all things sporting.

Concerned that 7 Network lawyers have not had enough to do in recent years she joined Channel 7 this year to keep defamation spotters happy.

Rebecca describes herself as an amateur boxer, a very amateur runner and a football mum who spends the weekend watching her young sons play for the Paddo Tigers.

gaterooze

Bench
Rebecca made her mark with her acerbic wit and her willingness to expose 'gibberers', as well as a passion and knowledge of all things sporting.

Possibly the least correct statement of all time.

ucantseeme said:
she starts to rip into the Kangaroos players for returning home in "jeans & thongs" which they did not. .

Whats the big deal if the guys did?

Its a bloody long flight and I sure as heck wouldnt wear a suit on it, no matter what was on the other end.

sooperdooper

First Grade
ucantseeme said:
I know there have been 1000 threads about her already but here is thread 1001.

Her "opinion piece" in today's Telegraph was on 2005 sporting highlights where she basically gave kind mentions to the Socceroos then made love to the Swans and AFL for the rest of the page. No mention whatsoever of the Wests Tigers historic fairytale premiership win then to top it off she starts to rip into the Kangaroos players for returning home in "jeans & thongs" which they did not.

I watched the footage of the Kangaroos returning home and they were all dressed in suits with the ARL logo crest on the jacket. Then she infers that the ARL needs to be more like AFL & soccer and needs to "get their house in order" because they have not conducted any inquiry into why the Roos lost and whether Bennett should keep his job.

I know she justifies her lies by saying that they are opinion pieces and not news reports but fair dinkum she should be sacked. I know I shouldnt read her drivel in the first place but I thought if she were reviewing 2005 sporting highlights there would be some Wests Tigers content. Wrong!

I cant believe they made her a panelist on the NRL Footy Show this year when it is so obvious she hates RL.

well i dont think the tigers victory deserves to there either. fairytale? boy how many times have we heard that. i hate that word.

sooperdooper

First Grade
ali said:
I think Kangaroos stocks are on the up. I've seen far more Roos merchandise around this year than for most of my life time. Peter Wynn has been highly promoting Kangaroos merchandise during the Tri Nations. Even 2SM were giving away a Kangaroos jersey a day. Having said that, we are a long way off where I would like to see the Kangaroos brand sit.

For mine though, there wont be many Wallaby jerseys sold this Christmas. The bandwagoners will be getting Socceroos jerseys.

they 'give' away the jerseys as ppl dont buy them

sooperdooper

First Grade
Cockadoodledoo said:
Could have been worse. Gower could have had his pants around his ankles.. As to O'Meley, what else would you expect? He seems to have lost the plot again..
well he is a prop, he also does play for the dogs