What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW I SEE OUR SITUATION.

SOULS 04

Juniors
good call
i think attack comes with good forward movement. do what you do best... what wins you games. but where that has gone is beyond me at the moment

Raider_69

Post Whore
i agree mike83au

this expancive game plan just isnt us
our success last year was based off the fact we could ground out a win, we keep the game tight and dominated the forwards. thats gone atm and we need it back

Edwahu

Bench
I used to love watching us attack last year. The boring tag was such bullshit. We might grind for 40 minutes a game, which is great to watch anyway with players like Muss in the side. Once we had done the dirty work though, there was no team like us for scoring quick tries in succession. Those were the days...... :(

sydraider

First Grade
Why dont we do a broncos and shove schif into 5/8 :lol:

Sorry guys all i can do is laugh these days, im sick of the stress #-o

sydraider

First Grade
Ok all humour aside :p

Seriously some hard decisions have to be made, not only from the coach but from the front office also. Evo has gone so there is a little extra money there, now why not release a few of these players who are soaking up money that hasnt been well spent, seriously drew was brought to the club with good intentions, it hasnt worked out that way, same as tyran smith (with whom we let a current SOO player go). We need some organisation and attacking flair, thats obvious, well i can see 2 crucial signings that i guess canbe made if the right budget cuts are made, they are orford and cooper. This isnt impossible, there has to be a way to nab these guys. Maybe im dreaming, however, if we want something (that would be success) then we will have to let something go (that would be current deadwood) The time for sentiment is over, tough decisions must be made right accross the board other wise we will be here for a couple of seasons whingeing.
I read somewhere else that other clubs dont have trouble blooding younger players at a delicate age (ie karmichael hunt for eg) Yet we adopt this tip toeing on eggshells approach with the younger guys. Bottom line is, the coach needs to grow some balls and make the big calls (im a poet and didnt know it).
My .003 cents, it probably dont make sense but neither does the fact that im out of bed this early :lol:

thickos

First Grade
You make an excellent point sydraider. I don't see why we blood 'kids' anymore into first grade. OK both Miller and Rothery (and Kahler) are young, but I'm talking about Todd Carney, David Milne perhaps? 17 and 18 respectively, they look the goods, i say get them in there.

Hunt at the Broncos and Williams at the dogs have done it. If Carney is as good as the raps suggest (he is an Aussie schoolboy) then we only fail if we don't give him a go and at least see how he handles it. To do nothing is to reward mediocrity.

sydraider

First Grade
To do nothing is to reward mediocrity.

Well said.

All we have at the moment is mediocrity, i hope that changes this week with muss back into the side to give us our balls back but i cant se it happening against the storm.

Latest posts